Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington 11:35 - Mar 3 with 2519 viewsGavTWTD

https://theboyhotspur.com/analysis-video-troy-parrott-ipswichs-weakest-link-agai

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:37 - Mar 3 with 2465 viewsJ2BLUE

Is this SFW?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:38 - Mar 3 with 2420 viewsGavTWTD

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:37 - Mar 3 by J2BLUE

Is this SFW?

Yes?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:39 - Mar 3 with 2412 viewsiamipswich

Just goes to show that one can't get too bogged down by statistics or even highlights and you have to see the full picture to get a clear idea of a player's impact.

Strange blog, desperately trying to belittle Parrott's impact since his arrival!

Poll: Who will return first?

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:40 - Mar 3 with 2367 viewsSteve_M

He's linked highlights from the wrong match for a start. Which given the contrast in style between Doncaster and Accrington is particularly amusing.

I thought Parrott played well last night, his close control of the ball is a joy to watch and he was involved in a lot of our better play int he first half before tiring in the second. He looks like a goal would do a lot for his confidence too.

Also, it should be mandatory to point out to Spurs fans that we've won the league more recently than they have.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:40 - Mar 3 with 2360 viewsJ2BLUE

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:38 - Mar 3 by GavTWTD

Yes?

Maybe your link is showing differently for us. It ends four letters after the forward slash.

Truly impaired.

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:41 - Mar 3 with 2340 viewsBeckets

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:39 - Mar 3 by iamipswich

Just goes to show that one can't get too bogged down by statistics or even highlights and you have to see the full picture to get a clear idea of a player's impact.

Strange blog, desperately trying to belittle Parrott's impact since his arrival!

Also the highlights aren't from last night's match!
theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:41 - Mar 3 with 2327 viewsFixed_It

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:37 - Mar 3 by J2BLUE

Is this SFW?

Haha! You saw 'anal', didn't you! The full word was 'analysis'!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:41 - Mar 3 with 2330 viewshomer_123

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:40 - Mar 3 by Steve_M

He's linked highlights from the wrong match for a start. Which given the contrast in style between Doncaster and Accrington is particularly amusing.

I thought Parrott played well last night, his close control of the ball is a joy to watch and he was involved in a lot of our better play int he first half before tiring in the second. He looks like a goal would do a lot for his confidence too.

Also, it should be mandatory to point out to Spurs fans that we've won the league more recently than they have.

'Also, it should be mandatory to point out to Spurs fans that we've won the league more recently than they have.'

Ooof! ;)
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 11:42]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:42 - Mar 3 with 2305 viewsJ2BLUE

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:41 - Mar 3 by Fixed_It

Haha! You saw 'anal', didn't you! The full word was 'analysis'!

Yea I know I clicked the link.

Truly impaired.

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:43 - Mar 3 with 2296 viewsbluefunk

He’s not even linked the highlights of the right game, perhaps us ‘civilians’ wouldn’t have made the same mistake, although as we know from a previous manager, professionals see things we don’t.
theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:44 - Mar 3 with 2264 viewsSwansea_Blue

Odd view. 54 touches and winning half of all duels is being pretty involved for a forward player in our team.

His not living up to the hype imo, but he's not our weakest link.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:45 - Mar 3 with 2246 viewsGuthrum

What statistics cannot show is things like how much he troubled the opposition (altho the penalty won might be indicative of that), how important his interceptions/headers/tackles might be (e.g. helping out in defence) and so on. The mere presence of a lively attacker running around the opposition area can distract and unbalance their defence, even tho he may not touch the ball once.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:47 - Mar 3 with 2208 viewsSteve_M

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:40 - Mar 3 by Steve_M

Also the URL says Blackpool when you click through, absolutely amazing the way he had a bad idea then it fell away very badly.

Very Spursy.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:52 - Mar 3 with 2097 viewsMullet

I like Parrott I think his touch and work ethic are brilliant. I'm not even gonna click that, as it's already a load of Spursy nonsense innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:52 - Mar 3 with 2091 viewsDarth_Koont

Silly analysis really. Seems to be a huge gulf in understanding the nature of League One football like the physicality and lack of protection, pitches etc. But also the very different service Parrott receives.

Very little of these balls zipped into feet at the right time and being able to exploit space that we see in the Premiership. So of course player stats are going to look more effective even if they’re getting less of the ball. I think an awful lot of Premiership strikers would look very different down here.

What I’ve seen is a player who is still young but works hard, competes with the CBs and does a lot with scrappy possession. He needs to be a bit more sharper in front of goal, yes but that often comes with games and getting a couple under your belt.

Pronouns: He/Him

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 12:24 - Mar 3 with 1807 viewsSpruceMoose

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 11:39 - Mar 3 by iamipswich

Written by another mug who considers himself a Real Football Man I expect!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 12:30 - Mar 3 with 1757 viewsgordon

Parrott competes for everything, runs hard, closes down, and must be hard to play against, but across all his appearances he hasn't really delivered anything high quality to unlock a defence or create a chance or goal.
theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 12:43 - Mar 3 with 1626 viewsReuser_is_God

Last night was the first I’ve seen of Parrott & also felt he had a good game.

Seems a good foil for Norwood.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 12:47 - Mar 3 with 1586 viewsTieDyedIn95

It shows you that the internet experts really don't understand football. Look at the results before he arrived, and those when he was in the team and compare. ... He's doing well and improved our team but we'll take him if they aren't fussed. Stats don't factor in personality, how well the players gels and encourages the performances of team mates, what he's contributed to the dressing room and at the training.

Our weakest link against Accrington was sadly Holy, but it wasn't tragic.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 12:48 - Mar 3 with 1566 viewsborge

This is interesting and shows that football is all about opinions.

Firstly, I'm not sure why anyone feels the need to do a very negative blog on a young footballer. The fact he has linked to totally the wrong game shows he is a bit of a kn0b.

But, I haven't quite got the hype around Parrott either.

I can totally see that he has a lot of potential, but for me that is all it is. He is clearly technically very capable, but feels like the kid in the playground who holds onto the ball for too long and doesn't really understand how to use his skill. My perception was that he gives away possession an awful lot, but actually looking at the stats on SofaScore he's by no means as bad as I thought - so just like the guy doing the blog, it appears I might be wrong!

That said, based on the stats on SofaScore he is rated 27th in our squad, which is below both Drinan and Sears.
theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 12:49 - Mar 3 with 1555 viewsRobTheMonk

theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 12:43 - Mar 3 by Reuser_is_God

Last night was the first I’ve seen of Parrott & also felt he had a good game.

Seems a good foil for Norwood.

Agreed. When he first came, he was giving the ball away so much and with simple passes. Looks to be improving which is good.
theboyhotspur.com : Troy Parrott, Ipswich’s Weakest Link Against Accrington on 13:31 - Mar 3 with 1388 viewsBluedanW

The daily cannon the day after the Northampton game was raving about how well McGuiness played. I questioned it at the time as nobody in a town shirt played well that night. He has been dropped every game since then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024