Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? 12:45 - Mar 3 with 2534 viewsnoggin

Seriously considering getting a dog for company. Was considering a French Bulldog or Boston Terrier but they are very popular here and waiting lists are long. There are very limited shelter dogs here so I'm considering an Olde English Bulldog puppy.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 12:54 - Mar 3 with 2111 viewsLord_Lucan

They do sometimes tend to have breathing and skin problems, I wouldn't recommend them for a first time dog IMHO.

I'd get yourself a loveable Heinz 57

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 13:07 - Mar 3 with 2089 viewsgordon

Recently got a Bearded Collie Puppy, he's quite good at doing tricks / following commands, but he also likes to chew things, he's petrified of Flags and dustbins, and sh*ts and p*sses wherever he wants. not sure if that helps.
Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 13:11 - Mar 3 with 2069 viewsnoggin

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 12:54 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

They do sometimes tend to have breathing and skin problems, I wouldn't recommend them for a first time dog IMHO.

I'd get yourself a loveable Heinz 57

From what I've read, the Olde English has fewer health problems than the original English and other bulldog breeds.Apparently they were specially bred to avoid those problems. Have you owned an Olde English Lucan?

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 13:16 - Mar 3 with 2051 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 13:11 - Mar 3 by noggin

From what I've read, the Olde English has fewer health problems than the original English and other bulldog breeds.Apparently they were specially bred to avoid those problems. Have you owned an Olde English Lucan?

No. I have English Bull terriers.

I think wifeys friend has a couple of Olde English's and they always wheeze and sh1t everywhere.

Don't take my word for anything, do your research and I'm sure you will be ok******

****** I am no K9 expert, just a K9 fan.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:38 - Mar 3 with 1969 viewsBlue_Order

Get a Frenchie, it’ll be worth the wait. Here’s my little pal, he’s daft as a brush.

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:40 - Mar 3 with 1961 viewsnoggin

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:38 - Mar 3 by Blue_Order

Get a Frenchie, it’ll be worth the wait. Here’s my little pal, he’s daft as a brush.

Yeah I'd love one. Does he snore?

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:43 - Mar 3 with 1952 viewsgtsb1966

Get a rescue dog. Ive always got rescue dogs and i get great satisfaction knowing ive given a dog a second chance to have a good life. Unfortunately all the demand for a pedigree does is give rise to more and more evil puppy farms.
Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:45 - Mar 3 with 1945 viewsJ2BLUE

Jack Russells are the kings of the dog world IMO

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:50 - Mar 3 with 1933 viewsjeera

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:43 - Mar 3 by gtsb1966

Get a rescue dog. Ive always got rescue dogs and i get great satisfaction knowing ive given a dog a second chance to have a good life. Unfortunately all the demand for a pedigree does is give rise to more and more evil puppy farms.

Absolutely second this all day long.

Although speaking from experience here and not Norway - I have no idea of the situation there!

But there's so many amazing dogs here waiting for someone to give them a home.

I love dogs and if I came into money I would set up my own kennels/rescue centre.

And pay a kid to clear up the poo.

In cash of course.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:52 - Mar 3 with 1924 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:43 - Mar 3 by gtsb1966

Must admit the whole puppy farm thing is a sad thing.

I've had three English Bull Terriers now, Burley (RIP - bought from Julian Dicks) , Bellatrix and Sir Bobby and always bought them privately - but in hindsight the family I got the last one from (Sir Bobby) was - looking back - doing it for the money as we noticed they had another litter for sale not long after.

We were going to breed with the latter two but decided there were too many dogs in the world. I would have bought from a rescue centre but I'm a sucker for Bullys and the only rescue Bully I ever had (Bruce) attacked a family friend. Can't really blame the dog as it had been kept in a cage and tormented most of his life.

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:53 - Mar 3 with 1922 viewsfooters

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:45 - Mar 3 by J2BLUE

Jack Russells are the kings of the dog world IMO

Deary me, J2.

It has to be the greyhound.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:54 - Mar 3 with 1920 viewsBlue_Order

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:40 - Mar 3 by noggin

Yeah I'd love one. Does he snore?

Yeah but no worse than the missus. His farts are the worst thing about him.

See how his nostrils are pretty wide, so he breathes alright. That was one of the things we made sure to check for when we bought one. If they’re too closed, they can end up needing surgery which is pretty expensive.

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:56 - Mar 3 with 1907 viewsnoggin

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 17:50 - Mar 3 by jeera

Absolutely second this all day long.

Although speaking from experience here and not Norway - I have no idea of the situation there!

But there's so many amazing dogs here waiting for someone to give them a home.

I love dogs and if I came into money I would set up my own kennels/rescue centre.

And pay a kid to clear up the poo.

In cash of course.

Fortunately, for the dogs at least, demand far exceeds supply, even of rescue dogs. I would gladly adopt a mutt but waiting lists are long. My name is on the list.

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:03 - Mar 3 with 1886 viewshappybeingblue

all dogs are brilliant but i would think about what size you want in relation to where you live if you want to walk the dog miles for exercise etc,bigger dogs more food bigger poos more mess generally etc to clean up...i have had all different sizes and am at an age now where i prefer a smaller breed some breeds are great with kids friendly etc others take more work ...i had a border terrier he lived to 14 very healthy dogs with great fun personalities and they can walk for miles recommended by a lot of vets...but whatever you choose you wont regret it they are all precious
Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:07 - Mar 3 with 1868 viewsKeno

get a proper doggie, Welsh Sprimgers are loveable, clever, and ok slightly mad

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:08 - Mar 3 with 1853 viewsKeno

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 13:16 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

No. I have English Bull terriers.

I think wifeys friend has a couple of Olde English's and they always wheeze and sh1t everywhere.

Don't take my word for anything, do your research and I'm sure you will be ok******

****** I am no K9 expert, just a K9 fan.

Can I just clarify when you say "I think wifeys friend has a couple of Olde English's and they always wheeze and sh1t everywhere"

do you mean the dogs or your wife and her friends do the wheezing and ......

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:08 - Mar 3 with 1853 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:07 - Mar 3 by Keno

That's a bang average 5/10 dog.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:09 - Mar 3 with 1853 viewsjeera

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:07 - Mar 3 by Keno

"You don't have to be mad to live with Keno...

but it helps!"

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:10 - Mar 3 with 1841 viewsMullet

Worth having a look on Facebook as there is a group dedicated to them as I understand it. I'd love one or a boxer but don't have the time at all right now. Looking at what people charge for half breeds with something else also puts me off right now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:11 - Mar 3 with 1837 viewsKeno

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:08 - Mar 3 by J2BLUE

J2!! I thought you had become one of the more sensible posters

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:11 - Mar 3 with 1830 viewsKeno

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:09 - Mar 3 by jeera

"You don't have to be mad to live with Keno...

but it helps!"

I think we are good match!!

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:12 - Mar 3 with 1828 viewsnoggin

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:08 - Mar 3 by J2BLUE

I need a dog that, eventually, won't mind being home alone for a few hours, if work is busy. I work a 5 min drive from where I live, so when quiet I can alway pop home.

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:20 - Mar 3 with 1798 viewsWestover

Greyhounds make lovely pets we have had a few, they only need 20 minutes twice a day exercise, you can get a retired one from about 3 years old.
Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:22 - Mar 3 with 1783 viewsKeno

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:12 - Mar 3 by noggin

I need a dog that, eventually, won't mind being home alone for a few hours, if work is busy. I work a 5 min drive from where I live, so when quiet I can alway pop home.

Spaniel probably isnt for you, they tend to enjoy company

this might help

https://www.womansday.com/life/pet-care/g29124972/dogs-that-can-be-left-alone/

Anyone here own an Olde English Bulldog? on 18:25 - Mar 3 with 1768 viewssolemio

Get a real dog. That's a black or golden Labrador.

Manchester Terrier is a nice small dog.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024