Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Self-isolating from red list countries. 13:00 - Mar 3 with 573 viewsMattinLondon

Just after Christmas, someone that I know travelled to Mexico and only just returned today (or maybe yesterday). From his Facebook posts he has mixed with a lot of people from America and never wore face masks when in nightclubs etc.

Mexico and America have had a lot of Covid deaths so why aren’t they on the red list of countries which people have to isolate in hotels for? Doesn’t seem logical that those countries aren’t on that list.
Self-isolating from red list countries. on 13:03 - Mar 3 with 537 viewsbluelagos

Red list countries are those that are the source of the most dangerous variants of CV - namely Brazil, South Africa and those countries where the rates of those variants are high.

So Mexico/USA may (or may not) have high rates of those variants I would guess.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Self-isolating from red list countries. on 13:06 - Mar 3 with 511 viewsSpruceMoose

Self-isolating from red list countries. on 13:03 - Mar 3 by bluelagos

Red list countries are those that are the source of the most dangerous variants of CV - namely Brazil, South Africa and those countries where the rates of those variants are high.

So Mexico/USA may (or may not) have high rates of those variants I would guess.

He does sound like a massive plank though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Self-isolating from red list countries. on 13:12 - Mar 3 with 491 viewsMattinLondon

Self-isolating from red list countries. on 13:06 - Mar 3 by SpruceMoose

He does sound like a massive plank though.

Too be fair he’s a friendly fella but quite selfish. Actually, very selfish.

Also, I know that he’s gotten away with a fair few things in the past so I would have found it funny if he have had to pay for isolation himself.
Self-isolating from red list countries. on 13:23 - Mar 3 with 446 views26_Paz

He will still have to isolate, just at home. As king as he actually does it the risk should be pretty low.

The Paz Man

Self-isolating from red list countries. on 13:58 - Mar 3 with 386 viewsMattinLondon

Self-isolating from red list countries. on 13:23 - Mar 3 by 26_Paz

He will still have to isolate, just at home. As king as he actually does it the risk should be pretty low.

Guess you’re right.

Personally speaking I don’t understand why anyone would travel overseas unnecessarily during a pandemic. And why the government didn’t make anyone entering the country self isolate in a hotel from the start. But those two pointers are separate from this thread.
Self-isolating from red list countries. on 14:02 - Mar 3 with 369 viewsElderGrizzly

Self-isolating from red list countries. on 13:58 - Mar 3 by MattinLondon

Guess you’re right.

Personally speaking I don’t understand why anyone would travel overseas unnecessarily during a pandemic. And why the government didn’t make anyone entering the country self isolate in a hotel from the start. But those two pointers are separate from this thread.

Because the Government ignored advice to shut borders last year.

As for all in a hotel, we simply didn't have the numbers of rooms. Australia only works, because they limit the number entering the country to begin with and this is driven by available quarantine capacity.

But your friend (should be) self-isolating at home and he will have had a negative result to fly here to begin with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024