Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... 13:05 - Mar 3 with 1925 viewsLord_Lucan

less than 50,000 profit it will remain at 19%

This is very a wise decision.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:06 - Mar 3 with 1904 viewsfooters

But if they raise corporation tax, everyone will leave!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:09 - Mar 3 with 1866 viewsbluefunk

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:06 - Mar 3 by footers

But if they raise corporation tax, everyone will leave!

so that's why they are introducing an investment allowance of 130%
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:11 - Mar 3 with 1841 viewschicoazul

This terrible right wing government is absolutely crazy!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:12 - Mar 3 with 1841 viewsLord_Lucan

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:09 - Mar 3 by bluefunk

Yes, that is an unexpected move.

Corporation tax even after 2023 will remain very low compared to worldwide rates.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:14 - Mar 3 with 1788 viewsbluefunk

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:12 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

Corporation tax even after 2023 will remain very low compared to worldwide rates.

plus tapering below £250k, ability to offset losses for 3 years, all good news imo
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:16 - Mar 3 with 1761 viewscatch74

Just wondering what comes under corporate investment for a pub.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:21 - Mar 3 with 1730 viewsborge

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:12 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

Not strictly true. According to KPMG the global average is 23.68% although we have to assume that will rise in the coming years because clearly the UK won't be the only country raising it.

As the owner of two small businesses (that I am currently seeking to sell), this is a bit of a killer. Small businesses tend to diligently pay their corporation tax whereas large ones often weedle their way out of paying what they should. If that were addressed, that £50k threshold could be far higher.

For me, the increase this year would have meant an extra £28k in tax. Am I happy to pay more tax? Yes, am I happy to pay an extra 6% points more tax? No. That's not because I want or need to take more money out of my business, but more because in uncertain times having cash in the business is a safety net.
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:30 - Mar 3 with 1683 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:21 - Mar 3 by borge

Not strictly true. According to KPMG the global average is 23.68% although we have to assume that will rise in the coming years because clearly the UK won't be the only country raising it.

As the owner of two small businesses (that I am currently seeking to sell), this is a bit of a killer. Small businesses tend to diligently pay their corporation tax whereas large ones often weedle their way out of paying what they should. If that were addressed, that £50k threshold could be far higher.

For me, the increase this year would have meant an extra £28k in tax. Am I happy to pay more tax? Yes, am I happy to pay an extra 6% points more tax? No. That's not because I want or need to take more money out of my business, but more because in uncertain times having cash in the business is a safety net.

In my opinion the biggest loss of exchequer revenue other than the tax evasion I mean avoidance antics of the likes of Amazon is from the Black Economy. No government seems to be prepared to tackle this extremely endemic culture.
Login to get fewer ads

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:31 - Mar 3 with 1682 viewsLord_Lucan

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:21 - Mar 3 by borge

Yes but...

The global average is bought down somewhat by some crazy low percentages including a few zeros - and yes, many countries will have to put theirs up.

ATM we are 19% next to German 30%, USA 27%, France and Canada 26.5%

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:35 - Mar 3 with 1657 viewsBeckets

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:11 - Mar 3 by chicoazul

The ERG or whatever they call themselves these days will not be happy with some of this stuff.
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:37 - Mar 3 with 1645 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Trouble is, this only impacts those firms who are already paying their fair share.

The Amazons, Alliance Boots, etc will still (legally) funnel their money to their offshore HQ's.

However, unless there is any global concerted effort, tackling that is impossible.
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:40 - Mar 3 with 1620 viewsLord_Lucan

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:37 - Mar 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Trouble is, this only impacts those firms who are already paying their fair share.

The Amazons, Alliance Boots, etc will still (legally) funnel their money to their offshore HQ's.

However, unless there is any global concerted effort, tackling that is impossible.

Yes I agree to an extent.

Our invoices from Amazon and Google come from Luxembourg and Ireland

Edit; And now we are out of EU we will have to pay VAT on these invoices that we cannot claim back.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 13:41]

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:47 - Mar 3 with 1574 viewsmonytowbray

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:11 - Mar 3 by chicoazul

Yes, a small rise in Corp tax (which is needed any rate) has really stuck it to the left wing! It’s SO GOOD I’ve forgotten about the continual inequalities they deny exist, racism, classism, poor pamdemic handling and billions in PPE cronyism that has plagued the party since Johnson’s premier.

The scales aren’t balanced and this self own is brilliant.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:48 - Mar 3 with 1567 viewsmonytowbray

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:37 - Mar 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Exactly, amazes me how many people jump for the spin despite the fantastic job they did of making those who followed them look silly over and over.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:54 - Mar 3 with 1525 viewsElderGrizzly

Although £2bn on Council Tax won't be popular?
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:57 - Mar 3 with 1507 viewsborge

What he said....
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:58 - Mar 3 with 1492 viewsElderGrizzly

Lots of profits stated at £49,999.99
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 14:01 - Mar 3 with 1470 viewsitfcjoe

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:58 - Mar 3 by ElderGrizzly

Lots of profits stated at £49,999.99

If it is tapered then won't be - I guess house prices have changed since Stamp Duty went away from being charged on the full value

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 14:01 - Mar 3 with 1468 viewsborge

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 13:31 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

Yes but...

The global average is bought down somewhat by some crazy low percentages including a few zeros - and yes, many countries will have to put theirs up.

ATM we are 19% next to German 30%, USA 27%, France and Canada 26.5%

Fair points and I completely appreciate that we have to pay for the pandemic somehow. It just feel like those businesses already doing things properly will pay disproportionately versus those that aren't, especially given that the latter are usually the ones who can better 'afford' it.
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 14:03 - Mar 3 with 1461 viewsElderGrizzly

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 14:01 - Mar 3 by itfcjoe

If it is tapered then won't be - I guess house prices have changed since Stamp Duty went away from being charged on the full value

Was a joke.

Stamp duty 'holiday' has actually been counter-productive for buyers as the price rises are higher than the stamp duty saving.
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 14:16 - Mar 3 with 1403 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 14:03 - Mar 3 by ElderGrizzly

Was a joke.

Stamp duty 'holiday' has actually been counter-productive for buyers as the price rises are higher than the stamp duty saving.

Assuming you’re talking about the same opinion piece I saw that looked a pretty flawed study as was simply based on average sale prices without taking into account other factors

For example, it’s quite possible that the increase in average price could also have been fuelled people at the lower end being less inclined to move house given the financial uncertainty, whilst those in more comfortable positions and stable jobs moving

Similarly the saving plus other savings from COVID (again people continuing to work stable jobs are likely to have saved simply by virtue of being locked down) will have increased budgets to move

That’s not to say that some sale prices haven’t been inflated but just looking at the average price doesn’t conclude that. From personal experience we had been scouring for a while and found a flurry of new listings after the announcement, but list prices tended to be in line with those already for sale or sold recently, so anecdotally there didn’t seem to be a rise but obviously that’s on a small sample of Ipswich

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 14:20 - Mar 3 with 1380 viewsElderGrizzly

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 14:16 - Mar 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Assuming you’re talking about the same opinion piece I saw that looked a pretty flawed study as was simply based on average sale prices without taking into account other factors

For example, it’s quite possible that the increase in average price could also have been fuelled people at the lower end being less inclined to move house given the financial uncertainty, whilst those in more comfortable positions and stable jobs moving

Similarly the saving plus other savings from COVID (again people continuing to work stable jobs are likely to have saved simply by virtue of being locked down) will have increased budgets to move

That’s not to say that some sale prices haven’t been inflated but just looking at the average price doesn’t conclude that. From personal experience we had been scouring for a while and found a flurry of new listings after the announcement, but list prices tended to be in line with those already for sale or sold recently, so anecdotally there didn’t seem to be a rise but obviously that’s on a small sample of Ipswich

Maybe it was the same piece. I read a piece in one of the local rags too.

I was also based on my parent's current experience of people going to sealed highest bids on their house and other houses they have offered on recently.

Certainly an increase in prices around East Cambridgeshire anyway in the last 3 to 4 months from where we were last year.
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 10:29 - Mar 4 with 1149 viewsPrideOfTheEast

That's true on a headline rate basis but on an effective tax rate basis the UK would move to one of the highest - our reliefs are typically not as favourable as other similarly sized economies.

Ultimately it's a tax that to a large extent UK based individuals will incur be that through pension funds, less jobs = lower salaries if companies choose to invest elsewhere etc.
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 10:31 - Mar 4 with 1140 viewsPrideOfTheEast

No The CT rate goes up from 2023 whereas the increase to capital allowances ends before then.
Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 10:38 - Mar 4 with 1114 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corporation tax goes up to 25% from 2023 but...... on 14:16 - Mar 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It is increasingly looking like we will have to move to Burnley and allow the entitled rich to continue to colonise Suffolk. That or start the 'Sons of Boudicca' movement!!
Decisions, decisions.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024