Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adnams brewery tour 17:11 - Mar 3 with 1399 viewsgtsb1966

Has anyone done it. Worth going? I've been given a tour pass as a gift so was wondering if it was worth travelling up from Sudbury and staying in the the area overnight. Obviously when all restrictions have been lifted. Believe it or not ive never visited Southwold or the surrounding area.
Adnams brewery tour on 17:26 - Mar 3 with 1343 viewsmojo

I have never done it but heard good things. Southwold and the surrounding area is beautiful. Well worth visiting in its own right.
Adnams brewery tour on 17:27 - Mar 3 with 1340 viewsChurchman

Not done that one but I’d give it a go. I’ve been to one or two and they’re always a giggle.

One of the best was the Heineken tour in Amsterdam. Cheapest thing to do there, they showed you round the gubbins for an hour then took you to the drying room to ‘sample’ for an hour. As much as you wanted. Me and the misses spent the time getting as much in as we could, others followed suite and a good time was had by all. We all rolled out at 11.30am wrecked. Not a bad achievement, given it was Heineken.

I heard the following year, they put limitations on how much you could drink. Funny that.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 17:27]
Adnams brewery tour on 17:27 - Mar 3 with 1334 viewsfactual_blue

I don't think Jocasta and Toby allow people from Sudbury into Southwold.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Adnams brewery tour on 17:33 - Mar 3 with 1316 viewsbluesatin

Done the tour about two years ago very informative and at the end of the tour you get the chance to sample some of the beers and lagers
Adnams brewery tour on 17:36 - Mar 3 with 1303 viewsjeera

Sounds like a good excuse/incentive for a long weekend break.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Adnams brewery tour on 17:38 - Mar 3 with 1298 viewsgtsb1966

Adnams brewery tour on 17:36 - Mar 3 by jeera

Sounds like a good excuse/incentive for a long weekend break.

Yes i might do that. Might buy a beach hut while I'm there. I've got a spare 100k to lose!!
Adnams brewery tour on 18:00 - Mar 3 with 1263 viewsKungfuBlue

Did it about 5 years ago, may have changed in recent times but when I went the tour is good and interesting and the after tour trip to the bar was great. I ended up pissed and got far more beer than the entry fee cost. Perhaps we caught the guy doing the tour on his last ever day or something but all on the tour were surprised and delighted by their generosity. Outside of the beer tasting it is interesting and good to look around. Well worth the entry fee
Adnams brewery tour on 18:04 - Mar 3 with 1258 viewsLord_Lucan

It's really good, I would recommend it 100% and not sure if she is still there but when I went with my mate we had a lovely Dutch filly show us around.

We got on the train from Woodbridge to Darsham whereupon Bankersdebtsteve**** collected us and drove us to Southwold in a vehicle full of foliage and gardening equipment. We then had some pre tour drinks, some tour drinks and some post tour drinks before falling in a taxi to Woodbridge for - a few drinks.

Top day out and it was baking hot.

******That was the first and only time I have met BDS, I simply posted a question on here the day before about taxi services in Darsham and he kindly offered to pick us up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Adnams brewery tour on 18:08 - Mar 3 with 1237 viewsjeera

Adnams brewery tour on 18:04 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

It's really good, I would recommend it 100% and not sure if she is still there but when I went with my mate we had a lovely Dutch filly show us around.

We got on the train from Woodbridge to Darsham whereupon Bankersdebtsteve**** collected us and drove us to Southwold in a vehicle full of foliage and gardening equipment. We then had some pre tour drinks, some tour drinks and some post tour drinks before falling in a taxi to Woodbridge for - a few drinks.

******That was the first and only time I have met BDS, I simply posted a question on here the day before about taxi services in Darsham and he kindly offered to pick us up.

RKD was picking up his mum from the airport?

Something like that rings a bell.

?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Adnams brewery tour on 18:09 - Mar 3 with 1233 viewsMullet

Snr loved it, but he'll drink anything. I'm not sure I'd enjoy it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Adnams brewery tour on 18:10 - Mar 3 with 1228 viewsGiant_Midget

Done the tour, its pretty good. The tasting at the end is also very good, so make sure if you do go, you're not driving!

Southwold pier is worth also worth a visit, particularly the Under the pier show. https://www.southwoldpier.co.uk/business/under-the-pier-show/
Adnams brewery tour on 18:10 - Mar 3 with 1229 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And what thanks do I get.....f#cking Steve!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Adnams brewery tour on 18:32 - Mar 3 with 1188 viewsLord_Lucan

Adnams brewery tour on 18:10 - Mar 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

And what thanks do I get.....f#cking Steve!

Ah sorry!!!

I'm in the middle of far too much work and I'm losing it.

Thanks again anyway.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Adnams brewery tour on 18:38 - Mar 3 with 1179 viewsBasuco

I did it 2 or 3 years ago, they talk about the history of the Town as well as the main tour, they give loads of beers to try out afterwards as well. It is very good and well worth going if anyone is thinking of it.
Adnams brewery tour on 18:41 - Mar 3 with 1169 viewswaveneyblue

My mate does the tour every other weekend. Sadly he is as far removed from a lovely Dutch filly as you can possibly get.

Saying that, the tour is excellent, the beer tasting is pretty generous and there's a lovely hotel/bar on site to sample more afterwards -

Highly recommended
Adnams brewery tour on 18:42 - Mar 3 with 1163 viewsLord_Lucan

Adnams brewery tour on 18:41 - Mar 3 by waveneyblue

My mate does the tour every other weekend. Sadly he is as far removed from a lovely Dutch filly as you can possibly get.

Saying that, the tour is excellent, the beer tasting is pretty generous and there's a lovely hotel/bar on site to sample more afterwards -

Highly recommended

Can you ask if he knows Dutchie or if she is still there?

She really was quite tremendous.

Adnams brewery tour on 18:53 - Mar 3 with 1145 viewswaveneyblue

Adnams brewery tour on 18:42 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

Can you ask if he knows Dutchie or if she is still there?

She really was quite tremendous.

Update - Just to add to the confusion, a Dutch lady did the tours and so did her daughter......

Sad news, is that elder Dutchie has moved to France and younger Dutchie sold her soul to work for Greene King.

Just to clarify once again, in case of any kind of confusion, my mate who despite being an excellent tour guide, is neither Dutch or attractive.
Adnams brewery tour on 19:25 - Mar 3 with 1111 viewsstonojnr

its good, and Ive been on a few in my time :) the brewery is interesting to look around, the beer is good, you get enough samples to try, its abit annoying you have to wear a dayglo hiviz vest thesedays, and a shame the bus with Halesworth doesnt link up with the trains as nicely with the timetable anymore, but worth doing at least once
Adnams brewery tour on 19:40 - Mar 3 with 1077 viewsMaySixth

It's good mate

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Adnams brewery tour on 19:56 - Mar 3 with 1060 viewssolemio

Well worth it. I loved the way that you walk in the front door of what appears to be a little terraced house and you're in this large brewery.
Adnams brewery tour on 20:00 - Mar 3 with 1053 viewsMeadowlark

Adnams brewery tour on 19:40 - Mar 3 by MaySixth

It's good mate

Well worth it, and a day or two in Southwold is always good, but they charge London prices in the pubs.
The first time I went, the chap showing us around was a retired employee. He knew everyone around the place and told several anecdotes about the staff and the history of the place. Jolly good.
The last time it was hired in tour-guide. She knew most of the history and the facts but wasn't as interesting as the old chap. And she wasn't "the Dutch filly!" However, the tour is very good and the beer sampling afterwards is enjoyable.
Public transport links in and out of Southwold stop at teatime, so unless you book an expensive cab to Darsham or elsewhere, it's best to stop for the night, which is no hardship....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024