Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon 18:08 - Mar 3 with 3469 viewsGuthrum

Livestream here:

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 19:06 - Mar 3 with 2494 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Currently, their caption says the launch is scheduled for sometime between 9am (5 hours ago) and 6pm (5 hours hence).

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 19:39 - Mar 3 with 2460 viewsGuthrum

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 19:06 - Mar 3 by BasingstokeBlue

Currently, their caption says the launch is scheduled for sometime between 9am (5 hours ago) and 6pm (5 hours hence).

There was a delay, but the propellant is being loaded now. Means launch likely to be within the next 20 minutes, assuming no further problems.

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 20:02 - Mar 3 with 2448 viewsfactual_blue

Close, or 'imminent'?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 20:21 - Mar 3 with 2412 viewsstonojnr

auto abort on engine ignition...possible recycle for another attempt today, depends what the caused the abort, the test window is open till midnight our time.
SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 20:28 - Mar 3 with 2403 viewsGuthrum

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 20:21 - Mar 3 by stonojnr

auto abort on engine ignition...possible recycle for another attempt today, depends what the caused the abort, the test window is open till midnight our time.

They're saying the abort was just one tenth of a second before liftoff.

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 20:34 - Mar 3 with 2392 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just said try again 2 hours from now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 22:26 - Mar 3 with 2333 viewsstonojnr

refuelling has started, estimating 23:15ish for launch
SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:23 - Mar 3 with 2295 viewsStokieBlue

An incredible achievement to land a rocket of that massive size like that.

Didn't all go perfectly, it was supposed to land on 2 rockets and the legs didn't work properly but still impressive. Chance it might topple over still.

Certainly making progress each test though.

SB
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 23:24]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:25 - Mar 3 with 2283 viewsstonojnr

SN10 has launched, flown to 10km, belly flopped, and soft touchdown...successfully :)

but didnt deploy landing legs so is kind of a leaning tower of SN10 at the moment, and a bit on fire, but thats cool.

SN11 is next
SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:27 - Mar 3 with 2276 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. Was a good watch. "A complicated way to move a grain silo."

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:27 - Mar 3 with 2267 viewsstonojnr

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:23 - Mar 3 by StokieBlue

An incredible achievement to land a rocket of that massive size like that.

Didn't all go perfectly, it was supposed to land on 2 rockets and the legs didn't work properly but still impressive. Chance it might topple over still.

Certainly making progress each test though.

SB
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 23:24]

no only lands on the 1 raptor, flips on 3, shutsdown 1 to have 2 nominal engines to complete the flip,but only lands on 1.

landing legs didnt deploy, but thats ok, was kind of expected at this stage.
SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:30 - Mar 3 with 2264 viewsStokieBlue

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:27 - Mar 3 by stonojnr

no only lands on the 1 raptor, flips on 3, shutsdown 1 to have 2 nominal engines to complete the flip,but only lands on 1.

landing legs didnt deploy, but thats ok, was kind of expected at this stage.

When I saw the brief they said ignite 3 then select 2 and land on those 2. In the actual test they did say all ignited but they landed on 1.

Shame about the legs but in some ways it's even more impressive to land without them.

Although it just blew up in the most spectacular way.....

SB

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:33 - Mar 3 with 2240 viewsGuthrum

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:25 - Mar 3 by stonojnr

SN10 has launched, flown to 10km, belly flopped, and soft touchdown...successfully :)

but didnt deploy landing legs so is kind of a leaning tower of SN10 at the moment, and a bit on fire, but thats cool.

SN11 is next

And then ...

Still, 99% a success.

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:39 - Mar 3 with 2232 viewsNthsuffolkblue

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:30 - Mar 3 by StokieBlue

When I saw the brief they said ignite 3 then select 2 and land on those 2. In the actual test they did say all ignited but they landed on 1.

Shame about the legs but in some ways it's even more impressive to land without them.

SB

Had turned off before that! Just rewatched it. A very excited son seeing that too!

Welcome to Mars! Oops!

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 00:32 - Mar 4 with 2192 viewsstonojnr

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 23:30 - Mar 3 by StokieBlue

SB

it needs 2 to perform the landing manuever,which is the flip to vertical. but 1 engine landing descent to landing pad was planned I believe and was how SN9 was supposed to descend to the launch pad.

I mean we saw it can hover on 1 engine in the ascent, so it has the thrust capability to make sure it reaches 0mph on the launch pad if it has the control and the landing legs are secured, it didnt look on the replays it was descending too quickly, it just bounced on landing for some reason.

Im sure theyll work it out and SN11 will stick it.
SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 08:18 - Mar 4 with 2106 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can we just concentrate on trying to sort out Earth first. Let's try to Make Earth Great Again.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 09:54 - Mar 4 with 2078 viewsStokieBlue

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 00:32 - Mar 4 by stonojnr

it needs 2 to perform the landing manuever,which is the flip to vertical. but 1 engine landing descent to landing pad was planned I believe and was how SN9 was supposed to descend to the launch pad.

I mean we saw it can hover on 1 engine in the ascent, so it has the thrust capability to make sure it reaches 0mph on the launch pad if it has the control and the landing legs are secured, it didnt look on the replays it was descending too quickly, it just bounced on landing for some reason.

Im sure theyll work it out and SN11 will stick it.

Yes, I know, however that wasn't the original published plan and also wasn't what they said on the commentary yesterday. This article is from late Feb:

"Starship SN10 will be attempting a medium altitude test flight (~10 km). It will lift off from Boca Chica, Texas under the power of three Raptor engines. At apogee, it will flip into a horizontal configuration for descent. Prior to landing, it will ignite three of its Raptor engines to initiate the landing flip before shutting one down. SN10 will attempt a propulsive landing on the landing pad, potentially becoming the first Starship prototype to successfully do so."

https://everydayastronaut.com/starship-sn10-test-flight/

Not really a huge difference but I wonder why they changed the plan to land on one engine. As you say we saw it hovering on one engine but if the original plan was 2 then it would be interesting to know why it changed.

SB

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 09:58 - Mar 4 with 2067 viewsSwansea_Blue

Was it supposed to explode? It's that kind of thing that might put people off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:00 - Mar 4 with 2063 viewsStokieBlue

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 09:58 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

Was it supposed to explode? It's that kind of thing that might put people off.

It's testing, given what they are attempting a few more are likely to explode before they get it completely right. It does explode well though, excellent visuals.

SB

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:02 - Mar 4 with 2062 viewsBluespeed225

Thunderbird 1 had this nailed in 65’.
SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:04 - Mar 4 with 2056 viewsSwansea_Blue

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:00 - Mar 4 by StokieBlue

It's testing, given what they are attempting a few more are likely to explode before they get it completely right. It does explode well though, excellent visuals.

SB

It was good wasn't it. I enjoyed that, but couldn't get quite as excited as the guy narrating the video. A real spaceship geek by the sounds of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:06 - Mar 4 with 2053 viewsStokieBlue

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:04 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

It was good wasn't it. I enjoyed that, but couldn't get quite as excited as the guy narrating the video. A real spaceship geek by the sounds of it.

Watch the test before if you want to see a proper crash and explosion.

SB

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:15 - Mar 4 with 2049 viewsEdwardStone

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:02 - Mar 4 by Bluespeed225

Thunderbird 1 had this nailed in 65’.

Exactly what I was thinking

And how exactly did Father Tracey allocate the various Thunderbirds to his sons?

I reckon the very phallic T'Bird 1 was given to the son with the biggest kn0b

The son with extreme halitosis was exiled to deep space in T'Bird 5....I can't remember his name

The ugly lumbering and very un-aerodynamic T'Bird 2 was given to the chubby son, Vigil I believe
SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:21 - Mar 4 with 2045 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:06 - Mar 4 by StokieBlue

Watch the test before if you want to see a proper crash and explosion.

SB

I wouldn't want to be the chap to test the first manned one.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 10:22 - Mar 4 with 2043 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

SpaceX Starship SN10 launch happening very soon on 08:18 - Mar 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can we just concentrate on trying to sort out Earth first. Let's try to Make Earth Great Again.

Exploration of space, and the development of the technology to do so, does benefit Earth. Also the two aren't mutually exclusive anyway.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024