Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us 20:28 - Mar 3 with 2161 viewsCoco

and a reassuring nod that the buyers are fit and proper people who have the clubs interest at heart. Shame it didn't work out here for ME, he is a good guy with good intentions.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:32 - Mar 3 with 2103 viewsRonFearonsHair

I loved his passive-aggressive "I note that you all approve of my choice of Paul Cook, just like you approved of all my other manager choices at the time I made them."
A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:34 - Mar 3 with 2078 viewsSouperJim

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:32 - Mar 3 by RonFearonsHair

I loved his passive-aggressive "I note that you all approve of my choice of Paul Cook, just like you approved of all my other manager choices at the time I made them."

13 years on and he still doesn't understand the fanbase at all does he. Clown.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:35 - Mar 3 with 2054 viewsjayessess

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:32 - Mar 3 by RonFearonsHair

Absolutely none of us would've chosen Paul Lambert. We rallied round when he showed up because good supporters do that.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:37 - Mar 3 with 2036 viewsRegencyBlue

Yeah, because the fan base had the final say didn’t they?

The self-justification going on here is delusional.
A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:39 - Mar 3 with 2013 viewsDyland

That was a bit pathetic. Dr Evil stylee.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:40 - Mar 3 with 2002 viewsLeoMuff

Seems to forget that the only reason Chancers like Lambert were approved of is because we were scraping the barrel in league 1. Jewell wasn’t approved of, he hadn’t worked for 3 years after managing the worst team in prem history, Hurst also the best we could get realistically as we were paying league 1 wages in the champ.

Keane and MM at the time were approved of.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:42 - Mar 3 with 1969 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Trolled big time!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:46 - Mar 3 with 1933 viewsMrTown

Is he wrong though... maybe Lambert aside, who I think some were less happy with.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:54 - Mar 3 with 1867 viewsrickw

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:46 - Mar 3 by MrTown

Is he wrong though... maybe Lambert aside, who I think some were less happy with.

Yes he is wrong.
Most didn't want Keane
Jewell I think we gave the benefit of doubt to, but he wouldn't have been many's first choice
McCarthy was seen as a necessity
Hurst was the sort of manager we all wanted i.e. an up-and-coming manager
None of us would have chosen Lambert last time, but we chose to get behind him, as we've done with all new managers.

Now Cook is/was a lot of our first choices as manager

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:05 - Mar 3 with 1796 viewsBlueBadger

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:46 - Mar 3 by MrTown

Given that you agree with him, yes?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:13 - Mar 3 with 1737 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:40 - Mar 3 by LeoMuff

Seems to forget that the only reason Chancers like Lambert were approved of is because we were scraping the barrel in league 1. Jewell wasn’t approved of, he hadn’t worked for 3 years after managing the worst team in prem history, Hurst also the best we could get realistically as we were paying league 1 wages in the champ.

I am not sure Keane and MM were universally approved of either.

I certainly went with the rally behind the manager because I am a fan route with Keane. I never wanted his persona associated with ITFC. And it was under him that the football was such poor entertainment that I gave up going despite having a season ticket.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:17 - Mar 3 with 1702 viewsjeera

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 20:40 - Mar 3 by LeoMuff

His [Evans] hearing has been very selective on this, and I've got to disagree with you on the idea that Keane was accepted, at least widely.

A lot of people were drowned out in that racket who were shouting with excessive glee. There was plenty of background noise that he wasn't the right fit but not too many cared to hear it.

Agree on your other points although regarding Hurst, much of the positive posting on here was based around Ross and/or Hurst although in hindsight possibly those who wanted Ross were drowned out by those saying Hurst would do fine.

But all along, regardless of the choices themselves, the timing of firing has been awful; each and every time the glaring mistakes have stood out to the fanbase whilst the owner has misguidedly stood by his managers until the damage they were doing left a far bigger job for the next.

Frankly, in that respect, the damage has been cumulative.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:17 - Mar 3 with 1683 viewsRyorry

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:13 - Mar 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure Keane and MM were universally approved of either.

I certainly went with the rally behind the manager because I am a fan route with Keane. I never wanted his persona associated with ITFC. And it was under him that the football was such poor entertainment that I gave up going despite having a season ticket.

You're right, many of us thought he was the wrong fit at the time of his appointment but got behind him at least initially because, well, he was the manager of our club that we support.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:19 - Mar 3 with 1670 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes he is. Keane was obviously a very bad fit for us.

It's a daft argument anyway. 98% of fans haven't a clue and respond to the gossip stirred up before an appointment. They get excited just because of the change as much as anything else. It's no way to try and justify your decisions. Decisions are justified by the successful outcomes they deliver. Evans doesn't deliver successful outcomes.

He's turned into a right arsehole this year, I wish he'd just feck off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:22 - Mar 3 with 1640 viewsjeera

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:19 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

Yes he is. Keane was obviously a very bad fit for us.

It's a daft argument anyway. 98% of fans haven't a clue and respond to the gossip stirred up before an appointment. They get excited just because of the change as much as anything else. It's no way to try and justify your decisions. Decisions are justified by the successful outcomes they deliver. Evans doesn't deliver successful outcomes.

He's turned into a right arsehole this year, I wish he'd just feck off.

I think when some make out Keane was welcome, they mean by them.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:24 - Mar 3 with 1622 viewsSwansea_Blue

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:22 - Mar 3 by jeera

Probably. There's always been a variety of reactions to new managers. Many of the less hysterical on here tend to be prepared to wait and see how they get on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:27 - Mar 3 with 1599 viewsBlueBadger

A timely reminder of all the good Marcus has done for us on 21:22 - Mar 3 by jeera

There was a significant minority who got themselves extremely excited by Famous Roy's arrival.

You wouldn't have want to sit with them, just near them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024