Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook is the key change 20:43 - Mar 3 with 1052 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure Evans’s statement should put much of a dampener on a good week and a better-looking future.

I could speculate about what Evans says (and a few odd things) but it’s speculation about our takeover and whether it’s a good thing that has people agitated now.

Getting the right manager backed by Evans’s undoubted patience could be as good a solution as any.

Pronouns: He/Him

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:44 - Mar 3 with 1028 viewsblueconscience

“Backed by Evans”

His patience is the main problem within this club.

Thanks for the laugh!!!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 20:46]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:48 - Mar 3 with 976 viewsDarth_Koont

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:44 - Mar 3 by blueconscience

“Backed by Evans”

Thanks for the laugh!!!

His patience, yes.

The case for his financial backing is up and down but overall he’s given his managers leeway even there most of the time.

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:50 - Mar 3 with 945 viewsChurchman

It has killed it for me. No manager, however good, can do anything with a club that’s rotten to the core. Assuming there is nothing in the story of a takeover, why on earth did Cook take the job? He has a good reputation so why here? He has no chance without change at the top, any more than he predecessors did, even though four of them couldn’t run a bath.
Paul Cook is the key change on 20:51 - Mar 3 with 930 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:50 - Mar 3 by Churchman

It has killed it for me. No manager, however good, can do anything with a club that’s rotten to the core. Assuming there is nothing in the story of a takeover, why on earth did Cook take the job? He has a good reputation so why here? He has no chance without change at the top, any more than he predecessors did, even though four of them couldn’t run a bath.

Let's get behind the manager, and hopefully enjoy a good run in.

Got my new town shirt on order!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:51 - Mar 3 with 911 viewsRyorry

Agree with your header, tho I'd have said "may be" rather than "is" - and I've been wrong about manager choices before! ;/

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:52 - Mar 3 with 905 viewsDarth_Koont

“Backed by Evans”

Thanks for the laugh!!!

Well, I don’t want impatient owners. There’s got to be a more sustainable approach.

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:54 - Mar 3 with 862 viewsjeera

“Backed by Evans”

Thanks for the laugh!!!

I think the bit you [deliberately] omitted was the 'right' manager.

He doesn't get his timing right, no doubt about that.

Amongst many other failings.

But we still need the right manager whoever's in charge.

Do you have an opinion on Cook's appointment?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:56 - Mar 3 with 845 viewsDarth_Koont

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:51 - Mar 3 by Ryorry

Agree with your header, tho I'd have said "may be" rather than "is" - and I've been wrong about manager choices before! ;/

Sure. We’ve had a few managers who haven’t lived up to expectation.

But at this stage, and looking at his record, swapping Cook in for Lambert is a no-brainer.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:57 - Mar 3 with 824 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:50 - Mar 3 by Churchman

He is no mug and must know all the takeover speculation. I can't believe he has agreed to join with the rumours the club is changing hands unless he is fairly certain who is going to be working for.

I suspect that is the new owners despite all ME's protestations.

The alternative is that he is certain there is nothing in the takeover rumours and he is entirely happy to work for Evans - as was MM who bemoaned the uneven playing field of the Championship but never criticised any lack of investment or leaving the manager to get on with it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Paul Cook is the key change on 21:01 - Mar 3 with 784 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Cook is the key change on 20:57 - Mar 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

He is no mug and must know all the takeover speculation. I can't believe he has agreed to join with the rumours the club is changing hands unless he is fairly certain who is going to be working for.

I suspect that is the new owners despite all ME's protestations.

The alternative is that he is certain there is nothing in the takeover rumours and he is entirely happy to work for Evans - as was MM who bemoaned the uneven playing field of the Championship but never criticised any lack of investment or leaving the manager to get on with it.

On the flip side... on the back of 3 wins and being back in the promotion race with a new manager... it would be an odd time to sell at a fairly low price?

Arguably the next few months could be the most 'successful' of the ME era.

If I were ME I'd wait a few months to take stock and maybe sell us as a mid table Championship club next season... if all goes well with PC.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 21:02]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Cook is the key change on 21:26 - Mar 3 with 642 viewsWestover

Paul Cook has turned down other jobs for a reason he's no mug he must be confident that he has the right team to take forward for the future.
Paul Cook is the key change on 22:10 - Mar 3 with 571 viewsblueconscience

Paul Cook is the key change on 21:26 - Mar 3 by Westover

Paul Cook has turned down other jobs for a reason he's no mug he must be confident that he has the right team to take forward for the future.

Then Cook is just another deluded Paul if he thinks this squad and future investment from Marcus would take us far.

Perhaps another season struggling in the Championship if they are lucky.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 22:59]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024