Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Takeover 14:53 - Mar 4 with 1058 viewscleggo

I know this won't be the first thread on this.. but I'm feeling, despite the exciting prospect of on-field improvements, a little bit uneasy about the thought of a takeover.

Whilst I acknowledge the fact that Evans has got so much wrong in his tenure as our owner, I genuinely believe he does have the best interests of Ipswich Town at heart and I don't worry for our future (at least financially!) whilst the club is in his hands.

What concerns me most is that if he sells to a consortium looking to make "quick money" a couple of years down the line, whether they would be so thorough and careful about who they would sell the club on to (of course, none of us know).

I guess it's a classic ITFC case of "Careful what you wish for"... based on the malaise of the past 14 years, can we dare to dream? We're certainly due a change of fortunes
Takeover on 14:58 - Mar 4 with 1000 viewsSpruceMoose

Of course, if they can sell us for a profit then it's probably safe to assume that they will have got us into a much better position than we currently find ourselves in.

My take on it is that we can worry about who they sell us onto if a) this lot do actually end up buying us and b) they are able to actually make us a success.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Takeover on 15:04 - Mar 4 with 965 viewscleggo

Takeover on 14:58 - Mar 4 by SpruceMoose

Of course, if they can sell us for a profit then it's probably safe to assume that they will have got us into a much better position than we currently find ourselves in.

My take on it is that we can worry about who they sell us onto if a) this lot do actually end up buying us and b) they are able to actually make us a success.

yes, quite right. Of course, that's the benefit... these new prospective owners will only make money (on the club side of things) providing they turn our fortunes around on the pitch.

But I do have something in the back of my head reminding me that we could have 3 or 4 years of improvement, but at what long term cost? The pitfalls of being a town fan for 20+ years don't allow one to get to carried away
Takeover on 15:08 - Mar 4 with 924 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Takeover on 15:11 - Mar 4 with 891 viewsJ2BLUE

It's fair enough for people to be a bit concerned and having doubts is fine but I really don't see why anyone would want to stay with Evans. He has been a weight dragging us under the water for way too long. I know he didn't mean to and he's not a bad man but his time is up. His reign has been a disaster. Of course we should be wary but lets just enjoy some hope if this goes through.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Takeover on 15:36 - Mar 4 with 805 viewscleggo

Takeover on 15:11 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

It's fair enough for people to be a bit concerned and having doubts is fine but I really don't see why anyone would want to stay with Evans. He has been a weight dragging us under the water for way too long. I know he didn't mean to and he's not a bad man but his time is up. His reign has been a disaster. Of course we should be wary but lets just enjoy some hope if this goes through.

"He has been a weight dragging us under the water for way too long. I know he didn't mean to and he's not a bad man but his time is up."

I think that's spot on!
Takeover on 15:58 - Mar 4 with 725 viewschrismakin

Takeover on 15:11 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

This is the thing, it will go one way or another, however with Evans, I can not see any positive future, that's not his fault, he just has his own limits, he also doesn't have the required contacts in the sport to be able to set the club up in the way it needs to moving forwards

Cook has been vocal about being a manager, who enjoys working with people above him but leaving him to manage, at town, he can't do this under Evans, at least we know with a takeover it will have a structure for Cook to do what he does best.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024