Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter 16:04 - Mar 4 with 4140 viewsDavidMcGoldrought

“A very strange affair. The interested party were interested. But deal was never all it appeared. Evans would ideally want minority partners”.

“It’s miles off at the moment. This is turning into Derby County Mark Two. Mixed messages all over the place and an owner who seems to change his mind a lot”.
Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:04 - Mar 4 with 3028 viewshype313

Alan Nixon is about as reliable as an Alfa.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:04 - Mar 4 with 3006 viewschrismakin

isnt he the same person who said it was close

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:06 - Mar 4 with 2955 viewsfooters

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:04 - Mar 4 by hype313

Alan Nixon is about as reliable as an Alfa.

Will take this as confirmation of deal imminent.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:06 - Mar 4 with 2930 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:04 - Mar 4 by chrismakin

isnt he the same person who said it was close

Yes.

I am concerned that we've been played for fools.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:07 - Mar 4 with 2910 viewshype313

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:06 - Mar 4 by footers

Will take this as confirmation of deal imminent.

Yep, the old vote of confidence...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:07 - Mar 4 with 2901 viewsJackSted

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all meant to be completed but Marcus, seeing that we have now won 3 in a row and are only 2 points off the playoffs, is getting greedy. Maybe he's holding out in case we get promoted so he gets a bit of his money back
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 16:11]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:11 - Mar 4 with 2751 viewsWeirdFishes

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:07 - Mar 4 by JackSted

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all meant to be completed but Marcus, seeing that we have now won 3 in a row and are only 2 points off the playoffs, is getting greedy. Maybe he's holding out in case we get promoted so he gets a bit of his money back

This is exactly my worry.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:12 - Mar 4 with 2709 viewsRegencyBlue

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:07 - Mar 4 by JackSted

That had occurred to me.

It also fits the pattern of if there is a wrong way of doing something at the club he will find it!
Login to get fewer ads

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:16 - Mar 4 with 2603 viewsKieran_Knows

But the deal is being ratified at the FA, plus searches are being carried out (which only happen when something is close).

I've actually defended Nixon in the past as I don't think his transfer info is all that far off, but I'm going to hedge my bets and say he's well off on this one.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:20 - Mar 4 with 2475 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:12 - Mar 4 by RegencyBlue

That had occurred to me.

It also fits the pattern of if there is a wrong way of doing something at the club he will find it!

Yes, I'd fully expect him to balls it up. But I wouldn't have thought he'd change his mind on the basis of the last few games. If he's done that then he wouldn't have sacked lambert after a pick up in results in the first place. But maybe he has, who knows.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:20 - Mar 4 with 2456 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:16 - Mar 4 by Kieran_Knows

But the deal is being ratified at the FA, plus searches are being carried out (which only happen when something is close).

I've actually defended Nixon in the past as I don't think his transfer info is all that far off, but I'm going to hedge my bets and say he's well off on this one.

Where is the link that says it's being ratified by the FA? As for the land, could Evans just be offloading the land to them and not the club, for development? He did say he needed to fund improvements to Portman Road?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:22 - Mar 4 with 2394 viewsRegencyBlue

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:20 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, I'd fully expect him to balls it up. But I wouldn't have thought he'd change his mind on the basis of the last few games. If he's done that then he wouldn't have sacked lambert after a pick up in results in the first place. But maybe he has, who knows.

That’s the thing, he has made so many poor decisions in the last 13 years you don’t know what to expect!
Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:22 - Mar 4 with 2391 viewsStokieBlue

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:20 - Mar 4 by BlueWorldOrder

Where is the link that says it's being ratified by the FA? As for the land, could Evans just be offloading the land to them and not the club, for development? He did say he needed to fund improvements to Portman Road?

As posted earlier, you are reading far too much into things and inferring information that doesn't existing in the public domain.

Everyone just needs to calm down and wait for a bit. These things take time and speculating on everything, based on nothing, isn't going to make anything happen quicker.

SB
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 16:24]

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:22 - Mar 4 with 2387 viewsKieran_Knows

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:20 - Mar 4 by BlueWorldOrder

There isn't a deal on the table at Ipswich by le2blue 1 Mar 2021 14:45
It is on the table at the football league HQ in Preston for ratifying, maybe thats why LON hasn't seen it. Worth keeping an eye on news from Bristol over the coming days.

Le2blue has been bang on so far with regards to this takeover.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:23 - Mar 4 with 2342 viewsjayessess

Absolutely no reason why a consortium of sports investors would be after a random bit of land North East of Ipswich.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:26 - Mar 4 with 2246 viewsfooters

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:22 - Mar 4 by StokieBlue

As posted earlier, you are reading far too much into things and inferring information that doesn't existing in the public domain.

Everyone just needs to calm down and wait for a bit. These things take time and speculating on everything, based on nothing, isn't going to make anything happen quicker.

SB
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 16:24]

People have lost their damn minds.

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:27 - Mar 4 with 2229 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Nixon is incredibly unreliable. He is wrong almost every single time.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:27 - Mar 4 with 2225 viewsSomethingBlue

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:22 - Mar 4 by Kieran_Knows

There isn't a deal on the table at Ipswich by le2blue 1 Mar 2021 14:45
It is on the table at the football league HQ in Preston for ratifying, maybe thats why LON hasn't seen it. Worth keeping an eye on news from Bristol over the coming days.

Le2blue has been bang on so far with regards to this takeover.

He is right, too. That is not to say it cannot go wrong from here — look at what happened with Derby. But that is where we are at.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:29 - Mar 4 with 2158 viewsDavidMcGoldrought

Nixon has just added “You will have seen the letter from Evans ..... stacks up with what I’ve heard this week ....”
Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:30 - Mar 4 with 2116 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The only new thing is the minority partners bit. Everything else you could've gleaned from ME's email.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:30 - Mar 4 with 2096 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I swear that guy just tried to wind fans up when he knows their desperate for something to happen... he's the same guy that said Norwood was off to swindon
Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:31 - Mar 4 with 2055 viewsStokieBlue

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:29 - Mar 4 by DavidMcGoldrought

Nixon has just added “You will have seen the letter from Evans ..... stacks up with what I’ve heard this week ....”

Have you read any of the posts where people state he's virtually never right?

One would think that after those you wouldn't immediately post more from him.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:31 - Mar 4 with 2057 viewsArnieM

It Evans after ad much as he can get yet still keeping control . Perhaps He’s a controlling personality? Wants his cake and eat it . Which is why nothing works/ he has to control it all. But the Club can’t run effectively like this .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:33 - Mar 4 with 1998 viewsfooters

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:31 - Mar 4 by StokieBlue

Have you read any of the posts where people state he's virtually never right?

One would think that after those you wouldn't immediately post more from him.

SB

It's amazing how he survives as a football journalist. Journos are meant to have sources, aren't they?

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:37 - Mar 4 with 1904 viewsSteve_M

Nixon reporting that the takeover is “miles off” on twitter on 16:30 - Mar 4 by abracaDOBRA_

I swear that guy just tried to wind fans up when he knows their desperate for something to happen... he's the same guy that said Norwood was off to swindon

Yep, the whole thing started with someone asking him what he knew? He's got a brand to maintain.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024