Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I need to step away from this place for a few days 16:50 - Mar 4 with 915 viewsCoastalblue

I'm starting to get a bit worn down with the continual 'it's happening' ad 'oh no now it's not happening' threads, often the same poster with both, often an hour or two apart and generally following some bit of random speculation somebody saw somewhere.

Is it due to the internet? 24 hour rolling news and sport coverage? Surely it won't kill people to wait for a few days and see what transpires, it must be a lot more healthy than going from giddy with excitement to the depths of depression on a constant cycle multiple times a day?

FFS by all means discuss possible outcomes and what might happen, but people, things take time, whichever way they end up, save yourself the stress and stop thinking every new bit of def info is, well, def info.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 16:52 - Mar 4 with 878 viewsSpruceMoose

This. It's gone insane on here. The news comments have erupted onto the forum.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 16:54 - Mar 4 with 872 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 17:01 - Mar 4 with 842 viewsCotty

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 16:54 - Mar 4 by homer_123

I'm not sure why they'd slaughter that particular cash cow just yet!
I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 17:08 - Mar 4 with 818 viewshomer_123

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 17:01 - Mar 4 by Cotty

I'm not sure why they'd slaughter that particular cash cow just yet!

It's not all about the money!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 17:18 - Mar 4 with 798 viewsRyorry

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 17:08 - Mar 4 by homer_123

It's not all about the money!

We use this site for free. Phil n Gav have a living to make & have been hard hit over the past year, esp the last couple of months or so for reasons we're all aware of. If the current situation is allowing them to make up a bit for that, then quite frankly it's not a hardship for me to see multiple threads on the same topic.

Vive P & G, and bring back the BannedFromPressBox 1 (if he hasn't been already)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 17:24 - Mar 4 with 771 viewsSteve_M

Is what happening?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 17:25 - Mar 4 with 772 viewsSitfcB

Put ChrisMakin on silent for a bit

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 17:30 - Mar 4 with 760 viewsDarth_Koont

As soon as you leave it will happen. 😀

The speculation is a little ridiculous though. Clearly there’s something in it but not sure it’s going to be good or bad for the immediate challenge ahead which is to try and get up.

The key change is Paul Cook. I’m pretty relaxed about the rest and think we can take a longer-term view of it. Might even be perfect to leave until the off-season as we’ll know a lot more then about what we’re looking at on the pitch.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 11:51 - Mar 5 with 634 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 16:52 - Mar 4 by SpruceMoose

This. It's gone insane on here. The news comments have erupted onto the forum.

This is the most excited thing to happen to the club in years. If this takeover is real we have something to look forward to. I can't see Cook being able to turn anything around while Evans is here. We are going to talk about it and a lot until its either confirmed or turns out to be trolling.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 14:04 - Mar 5 with 583 viewsN2_Blue

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 11:51 - Mar 5 by BlueWorldOrder

This is the most excited thing to happen to the club in years. If this takeover is real we have something to look forward to. I can't see Cook being able to turn anything around while Evans is here. We are going to talk about it and a lot until its either confirmed or turns out to be trolling.

It's really not.

Charlton fans thought they were going places last year when their consortium bought them out from the Belgian nightmare. I work with a Charlton fan and the excitement was like everyone on here.

What happened...yes they got relegated and find themselves below us in L1

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 15:12 - Mar 5 with 524 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 14:04 - Mar 5 by N2_Blue

It's really not.

Charlton fans thought they were going places last year when their consortium bought them out from the Belgian nightmare. I work with a Charlton fan and the excitement was like everyone on here.

What happened...yes they got relegated and find themselves below us in L1

It's the future of the club. Evans will not improve us, without new owners we are done for.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 15:39 - Mar 5 with 503 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've felt like that for a while. I was fed up with all the 'is he going to be sacked today"? posts that have been on here for weeks and weeks. I wouldn't mind if it was all in the same thread, but posting discipline isn't something we've ever been good at.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 15:43 - Mar 5 with 491 viewsWeWereZombies

I think I need to step away from this place for a few days on 15:39 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

I've felt like that for a while. I was fed up with all the 'is he going to be sacked today"? posts that have been on here for weeks and weeks. I wouldn't mind if it was all in the same thread, but posting discipline isn't something we've ever been good at.

That's all very well but what time is kick off tomorrow?

And what is Paul Cook's (is he the third or the fourth Paul) favourite cheese.

One thing I am sure about, water is both an object and a substance.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024