Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS 1% pay rise 22:31 - Mar 4 with 7262 viewsStokieBlue

WTF are the Tories thinking?

A tiny pay rise for a public sector organisation that have worked incredibly hard the last year in frankly awful conditions. Probably the worst conditions in hospital with regards to stress and mental health in more than a generation.

Even if that is changed and revised upwards the fact it was originally considered "acceptable" is ridiculous. I am sure most people would have accepted a small income tax increase in order to make the appropriate public sector pay rises.

At least they all clapped though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:38 - Mar 4 with 3234 viewsDubtractor

Also in tory news today....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/04/priti-patel-reaches-six-figure-

And yet if there was an election tomorrow they would prob win by a landslide. I despair of this country sometimes.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:39 - Mar 4 with 3215 viewsBlueBadger

What they're thinking is 'the public are stupid enough to still keep voting for us, regardless of what we do'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:40 - Mar 4 with 3230 viewsGuthrum

"It's better than the pay freeze everyone else is going to get"

(Sets off to find £16bn in public sector cuts)

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:44 - Mar 4 with 3200 viewsBlueBadger

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:40 - Mar 4 by Guthrum

"It's better than the pay freeze everyone else is going to get"

(Sets off to find £16bn in public sector cuts)

Reminder: 'NHS' Track and Trace cost the nation more than £350M a week. Or, nearly £20bn more than it did to send a probe to Mars.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 22:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:45 - Mar 4 with 3203 viewstractordownsouth

It's a p1ss take. Opposition parties really need to hammer this point and force a u-turn.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:49 - Mar 4 with 3170 viewsBlueBadger

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:45 - Mar 4 by tractordownsouth

It's a p1ss take. Opposition parties really need to hammer this point and force a u-turn.

Never mind that, I'm going to email James Coppinger and get him to demand justice for his missus.

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:51 - Mar 4 with 3163 viewsJ2BLUE

How sickening. That imagine of Johnson and Sunak clapping like a couple of seals and now this.

#tories

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:53 - Mar 4 with 3152 viewsBlueBadger

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:51 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

How sickening. That imagine of Johnson and Sunak clapping like a couple of seals and now this.

#tories

Sadly, this was 52% predictable.

Login to get fewer ads

NHS 1% pay rise on 23:04 - Mar 4 with 3121 viewstractordownsouth

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:51 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

#tories

Reminds me of that scene in Peep Show where Mark becomes Jeff's boss

"What's better, zero bonus or like a humiliating £103?"

Except in this context it's not particularly funny

NHS 1% pay rise on 00:55 - Mar 5 with 2977 viewsfactual_blue

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:53 - Mar 4 by BlueBadger

Sadly, this was 52% predictable.

I hope you'll be donating your entire salary for the year to the 'boris johnson redecorate my flat in Downing Street Charitable Trust'*

*Donations may be offset against tax, and will lead to your appearance in the next Honours List.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

NHS 1% pay rise on 01:10 - Mar 5 with 2963 viewsDebsyAngel

Saved Johnson's life and are doing their utmost best to vaccinate millions a day.

What a slap in the face. Disgraceful.
NHS 1% pay rise on 01:44 - Mar 5 with 2932 viewsBLUEBEAT

fcking disgrace

but did you expect anything else?

Poll: W or W

NHS 1% pay rise on 03:42 - Mar 5 with 2931 viewsSpruceMoose

Like some on here love to crow, the Conservatives just get the working class in a way that Labour never could.

*Insert eye roll here*
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 3:43]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:13 - Mar 5 with 2806 viewsnoggin

Nadine Dorries says, "It's all we can afford. We've spent the last decade fixing the economy after the Labour Government."

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:14 - Mar 5 with 2800 viewsgiant_stow

You're right, but I think this may be a small sign of much hardship to come.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 7:15]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:33 - Mar 5 with 2742 viewsblue62

Yes it’s a rubbish pay rise and they deserve a lot more. But a lot of private sector will get no rise at all or have hours cut.

How many here have seen a reduction in their earning over the past 12 months with little chance of a raise this year?
NHS 1% pay rise on 07:34 - Mar 5 with 2735 viewsWeWereZombies

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:14 - Mar 5 by giant_stow

You're right, but I think this may be a small sign of much hardship to come.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 7:15]

It will be even greater hardship if we cannot hold onto a significant percentage of our NHS staff and they up sticks for better pay and conditions elsewhere.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:37 - Mar 5 with 2719 viewsDanTheMan

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:33 - Mar 5 by blue62

Yes it’s a rubbish pay rise and they deserve a lot more. But a lot of private sector will get no rise at all or have hours cut.

How many here have seen a reduction in their earning over the past 12 months with little chance of a raise this year?

A lot of, but not all, of the private sector haven't been on the front line of a global pandemic.

I'd read some of Badgers blogs from earlier in pandemic to realise the hell the workers have been put through.

To turn around and give them a pathetic pay rise like that is an absolute insult.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:40 - Mar 5 with 2713 viewsm14_blue

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:37 - Mar 5 by DanTheMan

A lot of, but not all, of the private sector haven't been on the front line of a global pandemic.

I'd read some of Badgers blogs from earlier in pandemic to realise the hell the workers have been put through.

To turn around and give them a pathetic pay rise like that is an absolute insult.

Greedy bastards have already had a clap, surely they can’t want more money as well???
NHS 1% pay rise on 07:40 - Mar 5 with 2711 viewsHerbivore

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:33 - Mar 5 by blue62

There are some important differences here. Firstly, NHS workers have been at the very front line during a pandemic that has seen 140,000 people lose their lives. Their working conditions have been horrendous and yet they've continued to do heroic work.

Secondly, when economic times are good public sector workers still barely get pay rises in line with inflation and over the past decade public sector workers have seen real terms pay cuts. In the private sector when the economy is strong you have the chance of decent pay rises and even stuff like bonuses. Imagine that, a bonus!

Finally, when the economy gets up and running again if you work in the private sector and you aren't happy with your current employer you can go out and find the same job with a different employer who might pay you more and treat you better. That's how the market works. That isn't the case for most NHS and public sector workers. All this "but the private sector" nonsense whenever poor pay and conditions in the public sector are discussed just doesn't fly with me.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 7:43]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:41 - Mar 5 with 2710 viewsJakeITFC

Stunning isn’t it - people are going to be put off staying/joining the NHS off the back of this after a year where we’ve seen how important it is to have our brightest and best working in the field.

I don’t really have a grasp for what an acceptable % would be, but you’ve got to at least give these people real terms rises above the income tax threshold cuts as the bare minimum I would suggest.
NHS 1% pay rise on 07:52 - Mar 5 with 2668 viewstractordownsouth

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:13 - Mar 5 by noggin

Nadine Dorries says, "It's all we can afford. We've spent the last decade fixing the economy after the Labour Government."

What they really mean is they’ve spent the last 12 months dishing out money to their mates so there’s no money left for the nurses.

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:52 - Mar 5 with 2666 viewsWeWereZombies

NHS 1% pay rise on 22:45 - Mar 4 by tractordownsouth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56288237

'Sir Keir [Starmer] said it would amount to a cut in real-terms: "You can't rebuild a country by cutting nurses' pay."

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:55 - Mar 5 with 2652 viewsfooters

Can't they feed their families with claps instead?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:56 - Mar 5 with 2647 viewsDanTheMan

NHS 1% pay rise on 07:40 - Mar 5 by m14_blue

Greedy bastards have already had a clap, surely they can’t want more money as well???

What annoys me more is that you could see it coming a mile off.

Everyone happy to give them pointless crap like that but when it comes down to actual tangible rewards for their work it's "oh well we're a little hard up on cash at the moment".

And then when they're not hard up on cash they still barely get a payrise. We treat NHS staff terribly, I imagine they're still worse off now than they were 2008 crash.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 8:10]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024