Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up 13:19 - Mar 5 with 4420 viewsBlueWorldOrder

[He has gone to a giant and one thing that giant will be is in the Championship under Cooky. I never thought it would happen under where they have been in the last year or so. Paul Cook changes it for Ipswich Town.]

Almost dead cert.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:22 - Mar 5 with 3762 viewsDennyx4

He also doesn't like Lambert, which is partly where that comment comes from.
Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 14:26 - Mar 5 with 3546 viewsArnieM

I think SE is also trying a bit of subliminal psychology, but trying to make our players feel ( subconsciously), that it’ll be easy tomorrow vs Gills. He’s not daft and anything to gain an edge. It’ll be a hard game tomorrow- again, and the one thing I fear is tour lot starting to show signs of tired legs and travel fatigue from recent fixtures.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 14:32 - Mar 5 with 3507 viewsChurchman

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 14:26 - Mar 5 by ArnieM

I think SE is also trying a bit of subliminal psychology, but trying to make our players feel ( subconsciously), that it’ll be easy tomorrow vs Gills. He’s not daft and anything to gain an edge. It’ll be a hard game tomorrow- again, and the one thing I fear is tour lot starting to show signs of tired legs and travel fatigue from recent fixtures.

You are right. That pie eating balloon used to come out with the same sort of garbage when McCarthy was here, regardless of what team he was with.
Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 16:03 - Mar 5 with 3313 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 14:26 - Mar 5 by ArnieM

This. Also trying to lump pressure onto Cook.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 16:14 - Mar 5 with 3252 viewsBluedanW

He doesn't seem to like Ipswich full stop. He was a sore loser when Mccarthy beat his Leeds side.
Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 16:17 - Mar 5 with 3252 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 16:03 - Mar 5 by Charlie_pl_baxter

This. Also trying to lump pressure onto Cook.

Cook has it harder than most new managers as we have not lost for 5 games. If we were to lose the next 3 then he's going to feel bad about that and the pressure will begin to mount again.

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 16:27 - Mar 5 with 3211 viewsgtsb1966

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 16:17 - Mar 5 by BlueWorldOrder

Cook has it harder than most new managers as we have not lost for 5 games. If we were to lose the next 3 then he's going to feel bad about that and the pressure will begin to mount again.

He's under no pressure at all for the rest of this season.
Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 16:36 - Mar 5 with 3155 viewsBryanPlug

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 16:27 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 20:00 - Mar 5 with 2970 viewsmr_bean

One thing's for sure....Steve Evans knows all about being giant.
Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 20:03 - Mar 5 with 2959 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mind games to put the pressure on isn't it?

As for no pressure, I would suggest that failure to make the play-offs from here would be a failure. I am very confident that Cook will take this squad into the play-offs as a minimum.

However, the bigger job is building a squad ready to compete in the Championship. We are a long way from that, having gone backwards a long way from when we went down without a fight.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 20:08 - Mar 5 with 2943 viewsKeaneish

Has he put any cash on 5/1 for promotion or 12/1 for automatic? I need to know before 1pm tomorrow...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 20:55 - Mar 5 with 2869 viewsOsborneOneNil

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 20:03 - Mar 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Mind games to put the pressure on isn't it?

As for no pressure, I would suggest that failure to make the play-offs from here would be a failure. I am very confident that Cook will take this squad into the play-offs as a minimum.

However, the bigger job is building a squad ready to compete in the Championship. We are a long way from that, having gone backwards a long way from when we went down without a fight.

I was thinking this earlier.

Go up now, and build in the summer for a go in the Championship, or give Cook a full summer to build and next season to storm League 1, and maybe have a 'better go' at the Championship?

We'd all say go up now, but it's an interesting one.
Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 21:01 - Mar 5 with 2844 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 20:55 - Mar 5 by OsborneOneNil

I was thinking this earlier.

Go up now, and build in the summer for a go in the Championship, or give Cook a full summer to build and next season to storm League 1, and maybe have a 'better go' at the Championship?

We'd all say go up now, but it's an interesting one.

It would be easier to build a team for the Championship in the Championship. We can always loan out younger players and they will play at a higher level, the higher we are as a club. We would be able to attract different players in the Championship too.

It is a no-brainer for me that we target promotion this season. However, the over-riding goal must be longer term. Cook could get this squad to stay up in the Championship I am sure. He would have the summer to make changes and January to tweak further. I would rather he was building the squad while in the Championship. Either way, there is going to be some clear out in the summer isn't there? There is no way any manager can keep our current squad all happy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 21:17 - Mar 5 with 2815 viewsitfc_bucks

It's just his Poundland Mourinho/Fergie mind games act.

Best ignored.
Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 11:27 - Mar 11 with 2465 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 16:27 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

Then there is something fundamentally wrong with this club. So far he's picked up a point over two games we've not looked great in. We've also conceded 4 goals in those two games. We have to have higher standards or we can forget about this club being promoted again. I see that Peterborough's Chairman is also saying Cook will take us up but if there is no pressure then we will never do it. Too much of an easy ride at Ipswich.

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 14:22 - Mar 11 with 2325 viewschrismakin

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 11:27 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

Then there is something fundamentally wrong with this club. So far he's picked up a point over two games we've not looked great in. We've also conceded 4 goals in those two games. We have to have higher standards or we can forget about this club being promoted again. I see that Peterborough's Chairman is also saying Cook will take us up but if there is no pressure then we will never do it. Too much of an easy ride at Ipswich.

What do you expect any manager to do with a team that has struggled to score goals all season with barely 1.5 days worth of training available per week.

At best all Cook is able to do is speak to players and pick a lineup.. pretty much anyone on this forum could do that for the rest of the season.
There is no magic formula for management.

Tuesday for example was a great point against a solid top 2 league 1 side. Yet there was a mass disappointment that we didnt outplay them. On what basis do people have these thoughts.

It's the same lackluster squad Cook has inherited with no training time. What do you actually expect a manager to do to suddenly turn things around and make the side a formidable promotion challenging team.

And before you bring up previous wins... all wins were against sides on mass drop offs of form. Hull for example were below us in the form team.

Thoughts like yours with respect is what is wrong with modern football.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 14:55]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 15:24 - Mar 18 with 2089 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 14:22 - Mar 11 by chrismakin

What do you expect any manager to do with a team that has struggled to score goals all season with barely 1.5 days worth of training available per week.

At best all Cook is able to do is speak to players and pick a lineup.. pretty much anyone on this forum could do that for the rest of the season.
There is no magic formula for management.

Tuesday for example was a great point against a solid top 2 league 1 side. Yet there was a mass disappointment that we didnt outplay them. On what basis do people have these thoughts.

It's the same lackluster squad Cook has inherited with no training time. What do you actually expect a manager to do to suddenly turn things around and make the side a formidable promotion challenging team.

And before you bring up previous wins... all wins were against sides on mass drop offs of form. Hull for example were below us in the form team.

Thoughts like yours with respect is what is wrong with modern football.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 14:55]

But how many goes should they get? Lambert was allowed to finish 11th after relegation. How long does Cook get to make it right? We're a push over club with fans that will tolerate too much. He should get just 1 year to make it work. So far he's failed to motivate our existing squad which most on here prior to Cook thought were good enough to win this league. We have played awfully in all the games so far despite getting a draw and a win and the football has devolved in recent weeks back to aimless pumping. If this is the sort of play we can expect under Cook then we're in for a miserable time. 1 year, no second chances. Ipswich should not be in this league and there should be no excuses for anyone.

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 15:25 - Mar 18 with 2081 viewsSwailsey

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 15:24 - Mar 18 by BlueWorldOrder

But how many goes should they get? Lambert was allowed to finish 11th after relegation. How long does Cook get to make it right? We're a push over club with fans that will tolerate too much. He should get just 1 year to make it work. So far he's failed to motivate our existing squad which most on here prior to Cook thought were good enough to win this league. We have played awfully in all the games so far despite getting a draw and a win and the football has devolved in recent weeks back to aimless pumping. If this is the sort of play we can expect under Cook then we're in for a miserable time. 1 year, no second chances. Ipswich should not be in this league and there should be no excuses for anyone.

Jesus.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 15:26 - Mar 18 with 2077 viewsSpruceMoose

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 15:24 - Mar 18 by BlueWorldOrder

You need to stop this nonsense. Step back. Take a breath. It's been a handful of games.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:15 - Mar 25 with 1857 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 15:26 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

You need to stop this nonsense. Step back. Take a breath. It's been a handful of games.

I am still not impressed. We've played terribly under Cook and the response from the players (who you all keep telling me are good) has been terrible. So either Cook isn't able to get anything out of these players because they are no good, or like Lambert, he's not a very good manager. I appreciate it's early days but considering we were playing well before he arrived, the change is the biggest slide we have seen in performances from any incoming manager at Ipswich. If he cannot improve it withing a year he must go.

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:16 - Mar 25 with 1853 viewsfooters

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:15 - Mar 25 by BlueWorldOrder

I am still not impressed. We've played terribly under Cook and the response from the players (who you all keep telling me are good) has been terrible. So either Cook isn't able to get anything out of these players because they are no good, or like Lambert, he's not a very good manager. I appreciate it's early days but considering we were playing well before he arrived, the change is the biggest slide we have seen in performances from any incoming manager at Ipswich. If he cannot improve it withing a year he must go.

At least you've been consistent with your childish impatience.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:17 - Mar 25 with 1824 viewschrismakin

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:15 - Mar 25 by BlueWorldOrder

We were playing well?

When?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:19 - Mar 25 with 1831 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:17 - Mar 25 by chrismakin

We were playing well?

When?

Obviously you haven't been following the results. We were heading to the Playoffs before Cook arrived and had been playing the best we had been all season. Gill continued this. Cook has pulled them down.

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:23 - Mar 25 with 1805 viewschrismakin

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:19 - Mar 25 by BlueWorldOrder

Obviously you haven't been following the results. We were heading to the Playoffs before Cook arrived and had been playing the best we had been all season. Gill continued this. Cook has pulled them down.

Lol. Oh ok you're still looking at those 3 games then despite all the replies you got to them. Carry on. Cant be bothered to go through it again.

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:25 - Mar 25 with 1807 viewsSpruceMoose

Steve Evans seems to think Paul Cook will take us up on 13:19 - Mar 25 by BlueWorldOrder

FFS.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024