Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with 19:41 - Mar 5 with 3123 viewsgtsb1966

Just to see if some of us recognise some past and current Town fans.
Left Stoke High in 82 and used to go to football sometimes with Dalai, Nick Bartlett and Danny Barber to name but a few.
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:57 - Mar 5 with 1277 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:55 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

Fellow pupil or teacher?

Well I'm guessing at 16 she would have been a pupil!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 21:04 - Mar 5 with 1267 viewsgtsb1966

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:57 - Mar 5 by jeera

You are a year or two older than me, which means you would have known an Andrew N.

Bit of a headcase, but friendly enough.

My mind is a mush these days. Probably do but can see so many people from school but can't remember their names. I always remember a boy from the home . He was a really good to me but Jesus nobody messed with him in those days. I remember him because he brought a girl home who was the mayor's daughter and his name was unusual. He got me to cook him and his girl a pizza and gave me twenty John player blue cigarettes. His name was Freddie Thirkettle. A big skinhead. Does that name ring a bell.
[Redacted] on 21:04 - Mar 5 with 1264 viewsvictorywilhappen

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 19:48 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

I obviously knew Dalai and I knew Danny Barber - but I don't recall Nick Bartlett, although I probably know him by face.

I saw Danny in The Three Wise Monkeys a couple of years back but he didn't clock me. He loved a tear up didn't he!

Talking of Maidenhall / Stoke, I used to knock about with Kevin Page (Splurt). One of my best and oldest friends.

Splurts brother Tessi sold the goalposts on Maidenhall Green - although they obviously didn't belong to him.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 19:51]

[Redacted]
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 21:06 - Mar 5 with 1259 viewsgtsb1966

[Redacted] on 21:04 - Mar 5 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Nick is in a steelband still I think.
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 21:06 - Mar 5 with 1256 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 21:04 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

My mind is a mush these days. Probably do but can see so many people from school but can't remember their names. I always remember a boy from the home . He was a really good to me but Jesus nobody messed with him in those days. I remember him because he brought a girl home who was the mayor's daughter and his name was unusual. He got me to cook him and his girl a pizza and gave me twenty John player blue cigarettes. His name was Freddie Thirkettle. A big skinhead. Does that name ring a bell.

It doesn't no, but I probably kept out of his way.

Funny how a year or two at that age can sometimes mean entire worlds apart living alongside one another, never the twain and all that.

[Redacted] on 21:11 - Mar 5 with 1252 viewsvictorywilhappen

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:45 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

Did you go to the Sudbury FA vase finals with Dalai. I saw him at Wembley and either White Hart Lane or Upton Park finals.

[Redacted]
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 21:15 - Mar 5 with 1243 viewsgtsb1966

[Redacted] on 21:11 - Mar 5 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

He was a nice bloke and very clever if I remember correctly. His mum used to work in the cafe at Ipswich railway station and would give us free drinks before a game.
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 21:17 - Mar 5 with 1240 viewsVic

Thurston Upper here. Remember going to play against KEGS and getting back to school to find everyone had come out on strike! Left in 1978.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 22:05 - Mar 5 with 1184 viewsLord_Lucan

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 21:15 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

He was a nice bloke and very clever if I remember correctly. His mum used to work in the cafe at Ipswich railway station and would give us free drinks before a game.

Nick was pain in the arse clever.

I share jokey whatsapps with his mum every day. She is a lovely lady.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 22:08 - Mar 5 with 1175 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 21:17 - Mar 5 by Vic

Thurston Upper here. Remember going to play against KEGS and getting back to school to find everyone had come out on strike! Left in 1978.

My eldest sister played no small part in that strike.

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 22:08 - Mar 5 with 1174 viewsbelgablue

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:34 - Mar 5 by Dubtractor

Farlingaye 92, then 94 from 6th form.

Don't think anyone from my year is on here that I know. Cotty is a fellow Farlingaye alumni though.

Started 94, left 2001. Not sure if any other Alimni that are on here

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 00:30 - Mar 6 with 1074 viewsSarge

I left Westbourne in 2010 and none of my friends like football. Your memories all sound far more interesting.
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 00:51 - Mar 6 with 1056 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 00:30 - Mar 6 by Sarge

I left Westbourne in 2010 and none of my friends like football. Your memories all sound far more interesting.

Left school in 2010?

Blimey. You're one of those relatively new people. Lucky sod.

You have so many years to make happy and interesting memories and I look forward to reading all about them if I'm still alive in 25 + years or so from now.

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 00:56 - Mar 6 with 1057 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone here go to Kerrison?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 00:56 - Mar 6 with 1053 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 19:48 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

I obviously knew Dalai and I knew Danny Barber - but I don't recall Nick Bartlett, although I probably know him by face.

I saw Danny in The Three Wise Monkeys a couple of years back but he didn't clock me. He loved a tear up didn't he!

Talking of Maidenhall / Stoke, I used to knock about with Kevin Page (Splurt). One of my best and oldest friends.

Splurts brother Tessi sold the goalposts on Maidenhall Green - although they obviously didn't belong to him.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 19:51]

I knew of Danny Barber, but being an older kid he was just a face to me who I'd see around the place.

There was a Zac, tall fella who always stood out.

Probably your age group.

Edit: I assumed you went to Stoke. My post would make more sense to Gerry et al.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 1:00]

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 01:07 - Mar 6 with 1048 viewsfloridablue

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 21:06 - Mar 5 by jeera

It doesn't no, but I probably kept out of his way.

Funny how a year or two at that age can sometimes mean entire worlds apart living alongside one another, never the twain and all that.

I've thought that so many times recently, the difference of a year or two way back when, reflecting back over my 'youth' years growing up in Ipswich. The school I went to in the 60s , Tower Ramparts, had a future England International in the year above me who dated my older sis, and in my year I was a good mate of a younger England internationals father. And I've recently discovered a connection/link to both of the above!
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 1:21]
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 01:31 - Mar 6 with 1026 viewsgainsboroughblue

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 00:56 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

Anyone here go to Kerrison?

Is that the old reformatory near Eye? I've been to that building several times as it is now (or at least was about ten years ago) a training centre.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 01:37 - Mar 6 with 1012 viewsLord_Lucan

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 01:31 - Mar 6 by gainsboroughblue

Is that the old reformatory near Eye? I've been to that building several times as it is now (or at least was about ten years ago) a training centre.

That's the one.

You had to be approved to go there!

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 01:41 - Mar 6 with 1010 viewsgainsboroughblue

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 01:37 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

That's the one.

You had to be approved to go there!

Totally in the middle of nowhere isn't it, which I guess was the point given what is was for. I had to go there twice a week when I started my new job circa 2003 and was in between car ownership at the time. Total ballache as had to train it to Diss and take pot luck on a cab being available.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 07:18 - Mar 6 with 947 viewshype313

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:34 - Mar 5 by Dubtractor

Farlingaye 92, then 94 from 6th form.

Don't think anyone from my year is on here that I know. Cotty is a fellow Farlingaye alumni though.

Ah, you would have been in the same year as my sister and also Steven Walker?

I'm ex Kesgrave, sharing alumni than none other than our illustrious leader Mr Ham, albeit he's a few years above me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 10:34 - Mar 6 with 863 viewsblueislander

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 07:18 - Mar 6 by hype313

I'm ex Kesgrave, sharing alumni than none other than our illustrious leader Mr Ham, albeit he's a few years above me.

I was a Stoke boy, but earlier vintage. Went to Luther Road school. I can remember the first houses being built on Chantry. Hawthorn Road was the first to be built . It would have been in the mid 50s.
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 10:37 - Mar 6 with 860 viewsDubtractor

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 07:18 - Mar 6 by hype313

Yep, there was a Steven Walker in my year. I would ask your sister's name, but then you'd be potentially unveiling yourself too!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 10:41 - Mar 6 with 855 viewsLord_Lucan

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 21:04 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

I knew Freddie.

Pretty sure he went to Kerrison in the end.

He had a mass of hair last time I saw him - mind you, that was back in the late 80's.

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 10:41 - Mar 6 with 855 viewsDanTheMan

Last school in Ipswich I was at was Sprites Infants, I assume that's still about in one for or another.

No idea where my Dad was, I know he played football in Suffolk with my uncle. Did always wonder if someone on here knew him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 11:08 - Mar 6 with 818 viewsgtsb1966

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 10:41 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

I knew Freddie.

Pretty sure he went to Kerrison in the end.

He had a mass of hair last time I saw him - mind you, that was back in the late 80's.

The last time i saw him was 1982. There were a few there who got in trouble. Two lads were sent to DC for six weeks because they couldn't be bothered to walk home one early morning so nicked a milk float.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024