Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with 19:41 - Mar 5 with 3118 viewsgtsb1966

Just to see if some of us recognise some past and current Town fans.
Left Stoke High in 82 and used to go to football sometimes with Dalai, Nick Bartlett and Danny Barber to name but a few.
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 19:48 - Mar 5 with 1520 viewsLord_Lucan

I obviously knew Dalai and I knew Danny Barber - but I don't recall Nick Bartlett, although I probably know him by face.

I saw Danny in The Three Wise Monkeys a couple of years back but he didn't clock me. He loved a tear up didn't he!

Talking of Maidenhall / Stoke, I used to knock about with Kevin Page (Splurt). One of my best and oldest friends.

Splurts brother Tessi sold the goalposts on Maidenhall Green - although they obviously didn't belong to him.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 19:51]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 19:54 - Mar 5 with 1505 viewsgtsb1966

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 19:48 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

I obviously knew Dalai and I knew Danny Barber - but I don't recall Nick Bartlett, although I probably know him by face.

I saw Danny in The Three Wise Monkeys a couple of years back but he didn't clock me. He loved a tear up didn't he!

Talking of Maidenhall / Stoke, I used to knock about with Kevin Page (Splurt). One of my best and oldest friends.

Splurts brother Tessi sold the goalposts on Maidenhall Green - although they obviously didn't belong to him.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 19:51]

That name doesn't ring a bell . A few of the people I went with played for Nicholians? after leaving school.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 19:57]
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:05 - Mar 5 with 1473 viewsIllinoisblue

Left Stoke in 1989 and then wasted two years of my life at Chantry 6th form.

Lucan mentioning the name Splurt... that name rings a bell although would have been a different age group to me.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:13 - Mar 5 with 1450 viewsLord_Lucan

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 19:54 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

That name doesn't ring a bell . A few of the people I went with played for Nicholians? after leaving school.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 19:57]

Splurt lived above the fish and chip shop on Maidehall Approach. Big lad who always wore a sheepskin even in the height of summer. I am about the same age as you but he was three or four years older. Maybe more. He had three brothers and a sister but I can't remember the names apart from Tessi - although I am assuming that wasn't his actual name.

I used to fancy his sister a bit when I was p1ssed but I can't remember her name for the life of me.

His mum was lovely, one of these kind old down to earth ladies with a moustache.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:23 - Mar 5 with 1394 viewsgtsb1966

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:13 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Splurt lived above the fish and chip shop on Maidehall Approach. Big lad who always wore a sheepskin even in the height of summer. I am about the same age as you but he was three or four years older. Maybe more. He had three brothers and a sister but I can't remember the names apart from Tessi - although I am assuming that wasn't his actual name.

I used to fancy his sister a bit when I was p1ssed but I can't remember her name for the life of me.

His mum was lovely, one of these kind old down to earth ladies with a moustache.

Still can't place him. There was some good footballers who went to Stoke in my day. Some went to watch Town too. Kevin May, Matt Braybrook, and Steven Wade who was a good keeper. I used to go to those shops every lunchtime and get a dry bread roll, a packet of crisps and 10 b&h with my dinner money.
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:25 - Mar 5 with 1382 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stoke High ffs

Wrong uns

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:28 - Mar 5 with 1366 viewsazuremerlangus

Left Westbourne High in 83.

Before leaving school used to frequent the back of Churchmens and hang around with several from Copleston; Glenn Hughes, Joe Meadows and Geoff Harper are the few names I can remember.

Later, before migrating to the North stand I used to go with Terry Scarfe and Giles (not the cartoonist - I just cannot remember his surname!!)

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:28 - Mar 5 with 1360 viewsyesjohn99

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:23 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

Still can't place him. There was some good footballers who went to Stoke in my day. Some went to watch Town too. Kevin May, Matt Braybrook, and Steven Wade who was a good keeper. I used to go to those shops every lunchtime and get a dry bread roll, a packet of crisps and 10 b&h with my dinner money.

Are you sure on braybrook? Possibly Matty Bradbrook instead?
Login to get fewer ads

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:28 - Mar 5 with 1361 viewsgtsb1966

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:25 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

Stoke High ffs

Wrong uns

I had no choice. I lived in a naughty boys home in Belstead Road and that was the school I was allocated although others went to, and forgive my spelling as I'm not from Ipswich, Coppleston , Westbourne and Chantry.
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:32 - Mar 5 with 1341 viewsgtsb1966

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:28 - Mar 5 by yesjohn99

Are you sure on braybrook? Possibly Matty Bradbrook instead?

You're probably right. Was 1982 so my memory is vague.
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:34 - Mar 5 with 1324 viewsDubtractor

Farlingaye 92, then 94 from 6th form.

Don't think anyone from my year is on here that I know. Cotty is a fellow Farlingaye alumni though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:37 - Mar 5 with 1308 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:28 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

I had no choice. I lived in a naughty boys home in Belstead Road and that was the school I was allocated although others went to, and forgive my spelling as I'm not from Ipswich, Coppleston , Westbourne and Chantry.

I remember that house/home as you call it.

Not a million miles from my first home when we moved to Ipswich as a nine year old.

I lived in a really old country house, type place that had been split into flats. A large [painted green?] building just along from you, opposite the sports club/ground.

Something Whites?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 20:41]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

[Redacted] on 20:40 - Mar 5 with 1295 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:42 - Mar 5 with 1288 viewsgtsb1966

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:37 - Mar 5 by jeera

Not a million miles from my first home when we moved to Ipswich as a nine year old.

I lived in a really old country house, type place that had been split into flats. A large [painted green?] building just along from you, opposite the sports club/ground.

Something Whites?

It was 52 Belstead Road. About a 50 yards up from the turning into Belstead Avenue
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:45 - Mar 5 with 1275 viewsgtsb1966

[Redacted] on 20:40 - Mar 5 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Did you go to the Sudbury FA vase finals with Dalai. I saw him at Wembley and either White Hart Lane or Upton Park finals.
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:46 - Mar 5 with 1270 viewsSwansea_Blue

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:28 - Mar 5 by azuremerlangus

Left Westbourne High in 83.

Before leaving school used to frequent the back of Churchmens and hang around with several from Copleston; Glenn Hughes, Joe Meadows and Geoff Harper are the few names I can remember.

Later, before migrating to the North stand I used to go with Terry Scarfe and Giles (not the cartoonist - I just cannot remember his surname!!)

I was at Copleston, but left in 85 and don’t recognise any of those names. Then went to Westbourne for 6th form 85-87. Not my best move academically but it was a bloody good laugh.

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:47 - Mar 5 with 1264 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:42 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

It was 52 Belstead Road. About a 50 yards up from the turning into Belstead Avenue

Belstead Ave. My memory of the area is a bit patchy to be honest.

As kids there would be a small handful wander up Ancaster from Ranelagh Road way along past mine and we'd join up and walk to school together as a group, stopping at Allan Hunter's to pick up his eldest Lee.

That probably would have been to Halifax Primary.

To Stoke we went down some lane and past St Josephs where I have to say we were the comprehensive scrotes that gave the kids there a hard time on the way.

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:49 - Mar 5 with 1245 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:46 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

I was at Copleston, but left in 85 and don’t recognise any of those names. Then went to Westbourne for 6th form 85-87. Not my best move academically but it was a bloody good laugh.

You probably would have know the girl to break my heart around that time!

Westbourne, would have been your age ish.

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:50 - Mar 5 with 1244 viewsgtsb1966

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:37 - Mar 5 by jeera

Something Whites?

Was that the John Player sports ground in Stone Lodge lane?
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:52 - Mar 5 with 1233 viewsgtsb1966

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:47 - Mar 5 by jeera

Belstead Ave. My memory of the area is a bit patchy to be honest.

As kids there would be a small handful wander up Ancaster from Ranelagh Road way along past mine and we'd join up and walk to school together as a group, stopping at Allan Hunter's to pick up his eldest Lee.

That probably would have been to Halifax Primary.

To Stoke we went down some lane and past St Josephs where I have to say we were the comprehensive scrotes that gave the kids there a hard time on the way.

Small world. I went down that lane every day to school
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:52 - Mar 5 with 1230 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:50 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

Was that the John Player sports ground in Stone Lodge lane?

Stone Lodge was the other side wasn't it?

Chantry side?

Edit: Oh I see what you mean. The ground backed on it yes, you are right.

I knew it by a different name for some reason, but yes that has to be the same sports ground.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 20:53]

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:53 - Mar 5 with 1229 viewsgtsb1966

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:52 - Mar 5 by jeera

Stone Lodge was the other side wasn't it?

Chantry side?

Edit: Oh I see what you mean. The ground backed on it yes, you are right.

I knew it by a different name for some reason, but yes that has to be the same sports ground.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 20:53]

It went from Belstead road to Hawthorn? If my memory serves me correct
Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:54 - Mar 5 with 1221 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:53 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

It went from Belstead road to Hawthorn? If my memory serves me correct

Edited above, yes.

Edit: I'd replied to the wrong post.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 20:55]

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:55 - Mar 5 with 1217 viewsSwansea_Blue

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:49 - Mar 5 by jeera

You probably would have know the girl to break my heart around that time!

Westbourne, would have been your age ish.

Fellow pupil or teacher?

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:57 - Mar 5 with 1208 viewsjeera

Last school and schoolmates you went to football with on 20:52 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

Small world. I went down that lane every day to school

You are a year or two older than me, which means you would have known an Andrew N.

Bit of a headcase, but friendly enough.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024