Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Arts 23:10 - Mar 5 with 1326 viewsjeera

The Jam, (1980), for anyone interested.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sky Arts on 23:15 - Mar 5 with 1307 viewsvapour_trail

Fcks sake it’s kicking off everywhere.

6music have a bit of jungle on the go jeera.

I’ll look this up another time though.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Sky Arts on 23:16 - Mar 5 with 1305 viewsLord_Lucan

Oh really?

Live? Where? I saw them at The Ally Pally in 1980.

Can't get Sky Arts in my Man Flat but I'll check it out tomorrow when I go home.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sky Arts on 23:17 - Mar 5 with 1299 viewsjeera

Sky Arts on 23:15 - Mar 5 by vapour_trail

Fcks sake it’s kicking off everywhere.

6music have a bit of jungle on the go jeera.

I’ll look this up another time though.

It's brilliantly raw.

Proper live stuff, and shows how good they were.

Yes, there is a lot going on I realise!

Better too much than not enough though.

Sky Arts on 23:18 - Mar 5 with 1298 viewsjeera

Sky Arts on 23:16 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Oh really?

Can't get Sky Arts in my Man Flat but I'll check it out tomorrow when I go home.

Sky Arts Freeview* (Ch.11), nowadays you know LL

*Germany if that's what you mean by where?!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 23:19]

Sky Arts on 23:19 - Mar 5 with 1292 viewsvapour_trail

Sky Arts on 23:17 - Mar 5 by jeera

It's brilliantly raw.

Proper live stuff, and shows how good they were.

Yes, there is a lot going on I realise!

Better too much than not enough though.

Never too much, as a large man once said.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Sky Arts on 23:20 - Mar 5 with 1290 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 23:18 - Mar 5 by jeera

Sky Arts Freeview* (Ch.11), nowadays you know LL

*Germany if that's what you mean by where?!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 23:19]

All I have is an Amazon stick thing. I have no arial or Statterlight

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Sky Arts on 23:27 - Mar 5 with 1278 viewsFtnfwest

Sky Arts on 23:16 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Oh really?

Before wellers sell out?
Sky Arts on 23:27 - Mar 5 with 1277 viewsjeera

Sky Arts on 23:20 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

All I have is an Amazon stick thing. I have no arial or Statterlight

Dunno mate:

Maybe? https://www.amazon.co.uk/ask/questions/TxFO0UHZPAYCJF

Even though you've missed a fair bit perhaps there's a watch from beginning option?

I don't know much about Firestick options but sure there is an app etc?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Arts on 23:34 - Mar 5 with 1264 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 23:27 - Mar 5 by jeera

Dunno mate:

Even though you've missed a fair bit perhaps there's a watch from beginning option?

Sky Arts usually repeat things for a while

Sky Arts on 23:35 - Mar 5 with 1254 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 23:27 - Mar 5 by jeera

Dunno mate:

Do you actually think for one moment that I can follow instructions at this present time?

Sky Arts on 23:48 - Mar 5 with 1221 viewsjeera

Sky Arts on 23:35 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Do you actually think for one moment that I can follow instructions at this present time?

You can lead a horse to water...

Sky Arts on 23:50 - Mar 5 with 1214 viewsjeera

Sky Arts on 23:34 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Sky Arts usually repeat things for a while

I'm sure you'll catch up with another day.

Good value though.

Impressed with the energy. No holding back.

Sky Arts on 23:54 - Mar 5 with 1208 viewscatch74

Sky Arts on 23:50 - Mar 5 by jeera

Good value though.

Loving it, thanks Jeera.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Sky Arts on 23:56 - Mar 5 with 1207 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 23:50 - Mar 5 by jeera

Good value though.

There's a documentary about the Jam that is well worth a watch - About The New Idea.

I think you can get it free on Virgin but it's payable on other mediums.

Brilliant stuff

Sky Arts on 00:02 - Mar 6 with 1200 viewsFreddies_Ears

I was interested. Tried it for 5 minutes, half of two tracks. Tuneless pub rock.
Sky Arts on 00:08 - Mar 6 with 1194 viewsjeera

Sky Arts on 00:02 - Mar 6 by Freddies_Ears

I was interested. Tried it for 5 minutes, half of two tracks. Tuneless pub rock.

Sky Arts on 00:37 - Mar 6 with 1171 viewsDebsyAngel

Sky Arts on 23:56 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

There's a documentary about the Jam that is well worth a watch - About The New Idea.

I think you can get it free on Virgin but it's payable on other mediums.

Brilliant stuff

Recorded that when it was first on and saw it the other week. It was really interesting. Also good was the Style Council one that was on Sky Arts too.

Looking forward to the one next week: Blitzed: The Story Of the Blitz Kids - all the New Romantic stuff. On next Saturday night.

Been tons of good music stuff on lately, TOTP 1990, Now 70s and Now 80s do a lot of good shows, and Channel Five been doing 80s stuff too.
Sky Arts on 00:53 - Mar 6 with 1164 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 00:37 - Mar 6 by DebsyAngel

Recorded that when it was first on and saw it the other week. It was really interesting. Also good was the Style Council one that was on Sky Arts too.

Looking forward to the one next week: Blitzed: The Story Of the Blitz Kids - all the New Romantic stuff. On next Saturday night.

Been tons of good music stuff on lately, TOTP 1990, Now 70s and Now 80s do a lot of good shows, and Channel Five been doing 80s stuff too.

I watch The Jam thing every other week, I love that Japanese bird on there who came over to study and never went back, spent the rest of her life watching The Jam.

Also saw The Style Council thing which was ok.

Watched TOTP 79 and 82 - the whole year analysis thing with my daughter the other day. She had watched the 79 episode the day before and told me about it, she couldn't comprehend some of the stuff going on back then when they spoke about the power of the music unions - Top of the Pops orchestras, technicians rights and all that. We are going to watch the 77 one next week.

I'll certainly watch out for The Blitz Kids thing, I was never a New Romantic but the whole Steve Strange thing is really interesting - along with Julian Cope, Boy George and all that. I went on the lash with Boy Georges brother one night as he knew a friend of mine. Actually he wasn't very interesting.

Sky Arts on 00:54 - Mar 6 with 1163 viewsDebsyAngel

Also looking good tomorrow night on Sky Arts:

Culture Club Live
Duran Duran Live
Poly Styrene : I Am A Cliche
White Riot (Clash) documentary
Sex Pistols: There'll Always Be An England
The Damned: Don't You Wish That We Were Dead

Impressive!
Sky Arts on 01:00 - Mar 6 with 1160 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 00:54 - Mar 6 by DebsyAngel

Also looking good tomorrow night on Sky Arts:

Culture Club Live
Duran Duran Live
Poly Styrene : I Am A Cliche
White Riot (Clash) documentary
Sex Pistols: There'll Always Be An England
The Damned: Don't You Wish That We Were Dead

Impressive!

Ah. I'm back home tomorrow and my Mrs isn't keen on that sort of thing so I'll have to bank them.

Loved Poly Styrene RIP

I had this on orange vinyl but lent it out and never got it back.

Sky Arts on 11:05 - Mar 6 with 969 viewsMonkeyAlan

Sky Arts on 23:27 - Mar 5 by Ftnfwest

Before wellers sell out?

You are joking of course? Weller has never sold out. About the young idea is a great documentary about them. Watch it regularly on blu ray. That concert is also on the second disc on the blu ray.
Sky Arts on 11:22 - Mar 6 with 958 viewsBarcaBlue

Sky Arts on 00:53 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

I watch The Jam thing every other week, I love that Japanese bird on there who came over to study and never went back, spent the rest of her life watching The Jam.

Watched TOTP 79 and 82 - the whole year analysis thing with my daughter the other day. She had watched the 79 episode the day before and told me about it, she couldn't comprehend some of the stuff going on back then when they spoke about the power of the music unions - Top of the Pops orchestras, technicians rights and all that. We are going to watch the 77 one next week.

I'll certainly watch out for The Blitz Kids thing, I was never a New Romantic but the whole Steve Strange thing is really interesting - along with Julian Cope, Boy George and all that. I went on the lash with Boy Georges brother one night as he knew a friend of mine. Actually he wasn't very interesting.

I was in some London club early 80's strutting my stuff and kept getting whacked by a flailing guy behind me, turned round to remonstrate and it was Boy George. Never realized he was such a big bloke so let him off with an "awight George".
Sky Arts on 11:28 - Mar 6 with 948 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 11:22 - Mar 6 by BarcaBlue

I was in some London club early 80's strutting my stuff and kept getting whacked by a flailing guy behind me, turned round to remonstrate and it was Boy George. Never realized he was such a big bloke so let him off with an "awight George".

Ha.

Boy George is a fecking man mountain.

Sky Arts on 11:45 - Mar 6 with 918 viewsBLUEBEAT

Sky Arts on 00:53 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

My friend made the Style Council documentary.

I’m very proud of him. It was an absolute labour of love. Getting them all in the same room to record together again after so long was a major achievement. Record companies throwing loads of money at them haven’t managed to do it!

Poll: W or W

Sky Arts on 12:20 - Mar 6 with 880 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 11:45 - Mar 6 by BLUEBEAT

My friend made the Style Council documentary.

I’m very proud of him. It was an absolute labour of love. Getting them all in the same room to record together again after so long was a major achievement. Record companies throwing loads of money at them haven’t managed to do it!

That is very impressive.

I really struggle with Weller though. I know that Style Council pushed out some tunes but I was / am a more of an old style R&B / Punky Mod rather than a funky Mod and I will never forgive him for casting Bruce and Rick aside the way that he did.

I note Bruce and him have made up to an extent but Rick remains adrift, I spoke with Rick very briefly a few years back and there was no love lost!

I think when all said and done Weller is probably quite a dick.

Weller distanced himself from all the Mod thing when he was clinging on to the Punk /New Wave explosion but then embraced himself as The Modfather when it suited him. Mick Talbot though was a proper Mod, I saw him with The Merton Parkas back in 79

I always wonder what would have happened if Steve Brookes hadn't left, he seems one of the good guys.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024