Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next steps for Cook 17:13 - Mar 6 with 1173 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Pick a core squad to train between now and the end of the season.

Drill them relentlessly.

Ditch the loanees, they won't be here next season. Maybe just keep Parrott in who has more pedigree than the others.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Next steps for Cook on 17:14 - Mar 6 with 1148 viewsJ2BLUE

Wouldn't surprise me to see a loanee or two go back. We'd probably have to pay some sort of fine though I would imagine.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Next steps for Cook on 17:16 - Mar 6 with 1125 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Next steps for Cook on 17:14 - Mar 6 by J2BLUE

Wouldn't surprise me to see a loanee or two go back. We'd probably have to pay some sort of fine though I would imagine.

Suspect you are right re paying a penalty, but thats ok if it's for the good of the team.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Next steps for Cook on 17:18 - Mar 6 with 1094 viewschrismakin

Hes got to hasnt he

Pick 22 and that's your squad for 15 games.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Next steps for Cook on 17:26 - Mar 6 with 1042 viewsJ2BLUE

Next steps for Cook on 17:18 - Mar 6 by chrismakin

Hes got to hasnt he

Pick 22 and that's your squad for 15 games.

How does that work then? What do we do with the other 15-20 players? He might well go down that route but it's going to take a few weeks before he makes that call on players. If he banishes a player out of contract that's them gone. If we suddenly get 2-3 injuries we will need a bigger pool of players.

Maybe he will choose 25 and work with them but it's going to have big implications suddenly sending young players back to the U23s and telling senior pros they aren't needed.

It's a gamble.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Next steps for Cook on 17:31 - Mar 6 with 1010 viewschrismakin

Next steps for Cook on 17:26 - Mar 6 by J2BLUE

How does that work then? What do we do with the other 15-20 players? He might well go down that route but it's going to take a few weeks before he makes that call on players. If he banishes a player out of contract that's them gone. If we suddenly get 2-3 injuries we will need a bigger pool of players.

Maybe he will choose 25 and work with them but it's going to have big implications suddenly sending young players back to the U23s and telling senior pros they aren't needed.

It's a gamble.

You've got to do what's right for the club it's no good turning up to training each day to 40 odd players.

Drinan. Sears. Harrop. Send to the reserve side run by nash the one inbetween u23s and first team.

Let cook. Gill etc concentrate on first team squad for upcoming games.

I'm sure they dont try and do a training session for 40 odd players. But you need to trim it and I agree with the OP concentrate on those.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Next steps for Cook on 17:36 - Mar 6 with 965 viewspointofblue

Holy, Cornell
Baggott, Chambers, Kenlock, Matheson, Nsiala, Ward, Wilson, Woolfenden
Bennetts, Bishop, Dobra, Downes, Dozzell, Edwards, Huws, Judge
Jackson, Lankester, Norwood, Parrott

KVY for Baggott and Skuse as an additional player if they're going to be fit enough at some point.
Send Harrop, McGuinness and Thomas back to their home clubs, accepting the hit.
Nolan won't be fit until the end of April but he can by all means be kept around the first team squad.

Everyone else is moved into either a B Squad or the Under 23s.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 17:44]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Next steps for Cook on 17:43 - Mar 6 with 929 viewsChurchman

It's a gamble.

After a couple of weeks to take a look, decide on who you are going to keep for next year and banish the rest including loanees to play in the park or on the pitch next to the ground. I include anyone with a bad attitude or wants away, however good they may be. Make it clear that they are training to get other clubs in the summer if they are lucky. If they don’t like it, tough. The gravy train for them is over. If you get a few injuries it gives you a chance to look at some of the younger players.

Results are less important now than starting to build a real team. We are in March, we aren’t going to be relegated thanks to pinching the previous three games and we aren’t going to finish near the top six. Use the time wisely, is my view.
Next steps for Cook on 17:57 - Mar 6 with 878 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's a gamble.

That's his job. Tough choices to make, but it's about hot he communicates those choices.

Login to get fewer ads

Next steps for Cook on 18:05 - Mar 6 with 844 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Most of the squad won’t be here next season. He has to use what he has at his disposal.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Agree on training squad size reduction on 18:08 - Mar 6 with 826 viewsunstableblue

We’ve got 30+ players in the first team squad.... too many to deal with... too many to get focussed

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Next steps for Cook on 18:12 - Mar 6 with 790 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Next steps for Cook on 18:05 - Mar 6 by southnorfolkblue

Most of the squad won’t be here next season. He has to use what he has at his disposal.

That's kind of stating the obvious.

Next steps for Cook on 19:38 - Mar 6 with 669 viewsIpswichKnight

Next steps for Cook on 17:14 - Mar 6 by J2BLUE

They can’t, they are here now until the end of the season, same as ours out in loan we can’t recall them either.
Next steps for Cook on 19:47 - Mar 6 with 617 viewsjas0999

Personally wouldn’t bother with Parrott. Not sure what he offers.
Next steps for Cook on 19:53 - Mar 6 with 585 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Next steps for Cook on 17:57 - Mar 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's his job. Tough choices to make, but it's about hot he communicates those choices.

Well the OP clearly thinks otherwise, which is why I said it 👍

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024