Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shameless sponsorship ask 20:26 - Mar 6 with 1720 viewsitfc_bucks

Let's face it, it's been a crappy weekend, but you could help me make it a bit better!

On Saturday 19th June, just before mid-summer, sometime around 6AM, I'll be stood at the start line of my first ever Ultra-Marathon.

I'll be running for a charity that deserves all our support, as they support the men and women (and their families) who are prepared to give everything for us - SSAFA the Armed Forces charity.

Currently in training week 6, 14 weeks to go, stepping up the mileage!

I've set a goal of £500 - I'd love it if you could help by bunging a few bob into my JustGiving page?

https://lnkd.in/d3xs9BY
Shameless sponsorship ask on 21:13 - Mar 6 with 1631 viewsitfc_bucks

Thank you - you know who you are. Genuinely grateful.
Shameless sponsorship ask on 16:35 - Mar 8 with 1527 viewsitfc_bucks

Again, thanks to those of you who have bunged a few quid into the pot - I don't know any of the TWTD posters who have chucked money in so far, but I'm grateful!
Shameless sponsorship ask on 16:39 - Mar 8 with 1518 viewsKeno

Shameless sponsorship ask on 16:35 - Mar 8 by itfc_bucks

Again, thanks to those of you who have bunged a few quid into the pot - I don't know any of the TWTD posters who have chucked money in so far, but I'm grateful!

Phil/Gav - can you sticky this for a bit

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Shameless sponsorship ask on 16:41 - Mar 8 with 1514 viewsitfc_bucks

Shameless sponsorship ask on 16:39 - Mar 8 by Keno

Phil/Gav - can you sticky this for a bit

I'm nowhere near enough of a popular or regular character to warrant a sticky!

I'm just glad that a few people I've never met are big-hearted enough to support a lunatic they've never met doing something silly for other people that none of them will ever meet - and I wanted the people who have pitched in to know that it's been really appreciated!

You guys truly are awesome.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 16:43]
Shameless sponsorship ask on 20:03 - Mar 8 with 1471 viewsTractorWood

Cool. The South Downs Way will put hairs on your chest. I've run the majority of the Peddars Way and decent bits of the Icknield Way in 10-20 mile slugs. Couldn't imagine doing an epic oner.

Good luck.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Shameless sponsorship ask on 21:16 - Mar 8 with 1432 viewsjeera

Promise to put in at least something before then.

Things bit tight atm but even if it's a fiver I promise at least that!

If it doesn't get a sticky nearer the time, (might be a bit early now?), someone will bump it here and there anyway, as you should shamelessly too.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Shameless sponsorship ask on 09:37 - Mar 9 with 1256 viewsFreddies_Ears

Friend of mine did this last summer. You will be glad to know it was (a) horribly hard and (b) successfully completed. She's a PT so very fit. She says it needed good footwear, more stamina than you realise and real determination...

All the very best!!!
Shameless sponsorship ask on 10:15 - Mar 9 with 1233 viewsitfc_bucks

Shameless sponsorship ask on 09:37 - Mar 9 by Freddies_Ears

Friend of mine did this last summer. You will be glad to know it was (a) horribly hard and (b) successfully completed. She's a PT so very fit. She says it needed good footwear, more stamina than you realise and real determination...

All the very best!!!

Very much expecting it to be ludicrously hard work, the terrain doesn't bother me too much, I'm quite one for the mountains in normal time anyway, but then again, I don't normally run up them!

Weather will be brutal - guaranteed it'll either be red hot or pithing down with rain.

Your best wishes are appreciated!
Login to get fewer ads

Shameless sponsorship ask on 10:17 - Mar 9 with 1229 viewsitfc_bucks

Shameless sponsorship ask on 21:16 - Mar 8 by jeera

Promise to put in at least something before then.

Things bit tight atm but even if it's a fiver I promise at least that!

If it doesn't get a sticky nearer the time, (might be a bit early now?), someone will bump it here and there anyway, as you should shamelessly too.

Yeah, appreciate that - to keep my entry slot for this year, I need to hit target 6 weeks ahead of race day, so needed to start now.

Grateful for any donation anytime, but if people aren't in the position to donate, I'd much rather they look after themselves first - don't want anybody putting themselves out for my benefit!
Shameless sponsorship ask on 22:57 - Mar 9 with 907 viewsRyorry

G'l Bucks, great cause 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Shameless sponsorship ask on 07:26 - Mar 10 with 874 viewsADStephenson

I used to do a lot of running, mostly track and 5k, a few 10k races and two half marathons. The thought of doing a second lap of the Colchester half was exhausting. Anyone going any further than a full marathon is crazy and has my total respect. Good luck!

www.adstephenson.com

Shameless sponsorship ask on 22:42 - Mar 10 with 697 viewsjeera

Shameless sponsorship ask on 10:17 - Mar 9 by itfc_bucks

Yeah, appreciate that - to keep my entry slot for this year, I need to hit target 6 weeks ahead of race day, so needed to start now.

Grateful for any donation anytime, but if people aren't in the position to donate, I'd much rather they look after themselves first - don't want anybody putting themselves out for my benefit!

Done. Well done for doing this.

Keep us all posted at the time!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024