Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? 04:07 - Mar 7 with 2500 viewsdominiciawful

A job as what?... Surely not a footballer.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 08:34 - Mar 7 with 2076 viewsbluesym

Sears has had an easy ride for years. When you think of all the stick Skuse and Chambers have had in the same time, good old Freddy has had nowhere near,if any the amount of criticism
He would be first out of the door for me,by a long way.
With Jackson back in the fold,id like to think Dobra or Lankaster will be taking Sears slot on the bench..

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 08:40 - Mar 7 with 2053 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:28 - Mar 7 with 1971 viewsBluedandy

Sears was atrocious yesterday, and not for the first time this season.

Waddles about half-heartedly, shirks tackle after tackle and then yesterday limply loses possession to gift them the lead.

Utter tripe, not the same player since his knee injury and has completely lost his professional mojo.

Should never wear a Town shirt again.
Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:38 - Mar 7 with 1929 viewsEdwardStone

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:28 - Mar 7 by Bluedandy

Waddles about half-heartedly, shirks tackle after tackle and then yesterday limply loses possession to gift them the lead.

Utter tripe, not the same player since his knee injury and has completely lost his professional mojo.

I don't think that we will be seeing him playing again in a Town shirt

He will stay on as an emergency reserve outside the 18 until the summer and then....Farewell Freddie

Shame, really. I always liked his energy and style
Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:50 - Mar 7 with 1888 viewsBryanPlug

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:38 - Mar 7 by EdwardStone

I don't think that we will be seeing him playing again in a Town shirt

He will stay on as an emergency reserve outside the 18 until the summer and then....Farewell Freddie

Shame, really. I always liked his energy and style

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:53 - Mar 7 with 1865 viewspointofblue

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:50 - Mar 7 by BryanPlug

Chambers, Ward and Skuse have done a job for us when on the pitch. When was the last time that could be said about Freddie? Though he was fantastic for Gillingham yesterday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:53 - Mar 7 with 1864 viewsSuperblue95

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 08:34 - Mar 7 by bluesym

Sears has had an easy ride for years. When you think of all the stick Skuse and Chambers have had in the same time, good old Freddy has had nowhere near,if any the amount of criticism
He would be first out of the door for me,by a long way.
With Jackson back in the fold,id like to think Dobra or Lankaster will be taking Sears slot on the bench..

I’ve been openly critical of Freddie several times on here in the past few years and met with a barrage of downvotes every time. Truth is he’s been nowhere near good enough for a while

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:56 - Mar 7 with 1856 viewsbobbyramsey

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:53 - Mar 7 by pointofblue

Chambers, Ward and Skuse have done a job for us when on the pitch. When was the last time that could be said about Freddie? Though he was fantastic for Gillingham yesterday.

.....yeah, that elusive pass for their second goal was brilliant.
Login to get fewer ads

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:59 - Mar 7 with 1845 viewsBryanPlug

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:53 - Mar 7 by Superblue95

I’ve been openly critical of Freddie several times on here in the past few years and met with a barrage of downvotes every time. Truth is he’s been nowhere near good enough for a while

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:12 - Mar 7 with 1813 viewsStewart27

It’s only a matter of time before he sets league one alight surely?

He’s done very well out of Ipswich as a non goal scoring striker.

Get rid. ASAP.
Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:14 - Mar 7 with 1793 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:12 - Mar 7 by Stewart27

Get rid. ASAP.

You have to wonder what long term damage that ACL injury has caused.

He was showing some real form in the Championship for Lambert before that injury.

Not the same player now it seems.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:16 - Mar 7 with 1780 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:50 - Mar 7 by BryanPlug

I keep referencing the Blue Monday pod, but the Pompey and Wigan fans said he likes his older 'dressing room generals', and also doesn't place huge trust in youth at times like this.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:22 - Mar 7 with 1756 viewsCoco

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:16 - Mar 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I keep referencing the Blue Monday pod, but the Pompey and Wigan fans said he likes his older 'dressing room generals', and also doesn't place huge trust in youth at times like this.

Which is the correct thing to do.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:28 - Mar 7 with 1729 viewsjonbull88

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:12 - Mar 7 by Stewart27

Get rid. ASAP.

Tbf to him Ipswich have hardly been swimming in goals for a few years now. But he like most of this team need to move on.
Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:31 - Mar 7 with 1707 viewsjayessess

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:22 - Mar 7 by Coco

If your dressing room generals are good.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:39 - Mar 7 with 1676 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:22 - Mar 7 by Coco

Its a balance really, not one or the other.

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 10:47 - Mar 7 with 1617 viewsfergalsharkey

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:28 - Mar 7 by Bluedandy

should never have worn one in the first place, utter garbage.

Poll: Cook out?

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 12:15 - Mar 7 with 1518 viewstetchris

Think when he was released by West Ham the then manager (Harry?) said he wouldn’t make it as didnt score enough goals. His level was Colchester Utd
Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 12:25 - Mar 7 with 1490 viewseddiespearitt03

A typical Sears performance v Gillingham.
The worst game i remember Sears playing in was the 90 odd minutes v Portsmouth in the FA Cup this season. In this game he made one pass for Norwood to score and the rest of the game he contributed very little. Just too many games offering nothing to very little.
Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 13:12 - Mar 7 with 1396 viewsbluesym

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 12:15 - Mar 7 by tetchris

Think when he was released by West Ham the then manager (Harry?) said he wouldn’t make it as didnt score enough goals. His level was Colchester Utd

Sam Allardyce didn't rate him at all. Said he was a bad trainer,first off the training pitch after each session.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 13:38 - Mar 7 with 1282 viewscbower

Was genuinely jogging after giving the ball away that led to the second goal. Jogged all the way to the edge of our box as it went in. Kenlock was at full pelt tbf but not Fresh Legs Freddie. He looks to be carrying a bit of weight to me. Then to repeat a misplaced 10 yard pass 10 minutes later which started the calamity of the third was dreadful. How do other clubs with lesser resources keep finding more effective forwards than us? Let's face it, Freddie's finishing has always been poor too. I know Mick is supposed to have ruined him playing him wide but I seem to recall him missing countless opportunities from that position until one hit him and went in at Sunderland. His time should be up here in the summer.

bluescouser

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 13:58 - Mar 7 with 1249 viewsjayessess

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 13:38 - Mar 7 by cbower

Was genuinely jogging after giving the ball away that led to the second goal. Jogged all the way to the edge of our box as it went in. Kenlock was at full pelt tbf but not Fresh Legs Freddie. He looks to be carrying a bit of weight to me. Then to repeat a misplaced 10 yard pass 10 minutes later which started the calamity of the third was dreadful. How do other clubs with lesser resources keep finding more effective forwards than us? Let's face it, Freddie's finishing has always been poor too. I know Mick is supposed to have ruined him playing him wide but I seem to recall him missing countless opportunities from that position until one hit him and went in at Sunderland. His time should be up here in the summer.

Better scouting, better recruitment analysis, better planning, a willingness to make tough decisions where you let go experienced professionals who have done a job for you in the past in order to re-direct your resources towards players you can develop rather than ones you can watch decline.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 14:14 - Mar 7 with 1216 viewsmonty_radio

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:59 - Mar 7 by BryanPlug

Depends what he would be "slotting back" into. Yesterday any player in our full squad might have been greeted as a hope when entering as a sub. Certainly there was no-one playing his sweeping role yesterday, but then there was no-one playing at doing very much. Writing off accomplished players is a pointless ploy when the replacements have yet to prove themselves as undroppable as Skuse once was.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 14:24 - Mar 7 with 1193 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I always think his body language when he's on the ball, the way he dribbles and cuts inside with it etc, comes across like he thinks he's the English Del Piero. Sadly his execution is much more Del Boy.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 14:30 - Mar 7 with 1168 viewsChurchman

Freddie Sears thought he could still do a job in the Championship? on 09:59 - Mar 7 by BryanPlug

Freddie started well here. I thought he was a really asset initially. Paced, direct and knew where the goal was. Then a certain manager decided to stick him on the wing. Add in injuries and age and it’s time for him to move on.

Same with Skuse. Time’s up for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024