Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... 09:31 - Mar 7 with 1722 viewspointofblue

Or have a summer to rebuild at this level?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:33 - Mar 7 with 1699 viewsDubtractor

Up this year, not even a question for me.

Worry about next season if we manage to get up, but I'd always back a decent manager to have enough nous to get us to at least 21st in the Championship.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:34 - Mar 7 with 1696 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we were to go up it would mean he's got us in good form and has found a formula that works to some extent.

That would be something to build on next season, but would require some very good recruitment.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:40 - Mar 7 with 1640 viewsGuthrum

Go up this year, rebuild in the Championship. We only need to finish better than 22nd place and can take advantage of the higher income (from TV appearances, Prem "solidarity" money, etc.).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:43 - Mar 7 with 1609 viewsMullet

Always go up. Will mean we can retain our best players and spend those dollar bills on better.

It's a no brainer. Plus I geneuinely believe we'd far better in the Championship given we still can't seem to live with teams treating us like a big scalp after years of being underestimated.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:44 - Mar 7 with 1596 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:45 - Mar 7 with 1596 viewsHerbivore

Up this year every day of the week. Rebuild from a position of strength.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:52 - Mar 7 with 1559 viewsGlasgowBlue

Up this year. If we don’t then we are likely to lose Downes and Dozzell. Maybe Jackson as well.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:53 - Mar 7 with 1548 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:40 - Mar 7 by Guthrum

Go up this year, rebuild in the Championship. We only need to finish better than 22nd place and can take advantage of the higher income (from TV appearances, Prem "solidarity" money, etc.).

I'd rather go up, but not sure whether the additional money just gets swallowed up by higher wages.

The Championship is still a hell hole in terms of finances.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:56 - Mar 7 with 1528 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:52 - Mar 7 by GlasgowBlue

Up this year. If we don’t then we are likely to lose Downes and Dozzell. Maybe Jackson as well.

Just the usual EFL churn.

If we get our recruitment (and Academy) right, we shouldn't be so worried about losing our best players. It should part of any football League clubs business model.

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:00 - Mar 7 with 1516 viewsBlueBadger

Up ASAP and rebuild in a division of a decent standard. The longer we take to go up, the harder it will be to stay up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:03 - Mar 7 with 1507 viewsKeno

Depends os 'that subject that cant be discussed'

if Evans still in charge then maybe rebuild in L1 or not and there's more ££ then go up now

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:07 - Mar 7 with 1486 viewspointofblue

Thankfully Portsmouth had a horrendous result, Stanley have been out of form, Charlton are inconsistent, Oxford are going through a rocky patch and we have a couple of games in hand on Gillingham. If Cook can get us going we should have a chance but the problem is he has so little time between games at the moment.

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:08 - Mar 7 with 1475 viewsSomethingBlue

Up this year, it's not even a question.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:18 - Mar 7 with 1435 viewsMrTown

Up. Can still clear out, just could bring in better players in the Championship.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:20 - Mar 7 with 1420 viewsGlasgowBlue

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:07 - Mar 7 by pointofblue

Thankfully Portsmouth had a horrendous result, Stanley have been out of form, Charlton are inconsistent, Oxford are going through a rocky patch and we have a couple of games in hand on Gillingham. If Cook can get us going we should have a chance but the problem is he has so little time between games at the moment.

I think yesterday’s result has seen off any thoughts of the top 2. That now seems to be a battle between Peterborough, Hull and Sunderland. All three are in very good form.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:21 - Mar 7 with 1421 viewsChrisd

I'd prefer a proper rebuild, start again and create a side ready to compete at a higher level, but lets do that in L1. Cook can get his own players in and mould a side to his style of play. If PC is able to get us up this season, I wont complain, but I'm not sure having a complete overhaul of our squad, which is very much needed, and creating a side to compete in the Championship wouldn't be ideal either. We are just nowhere near a Championship side currently. I'm looking at the long term, lets build a side and gradually add the pieces of the jigsaw instead of throwing everything together in a rush in the hope of forming a side ready to step up and compete at that higher standard.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 10:24]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:30 - Mar 7 with 1382 viewsStewart27

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:21 - Mar 7 by Chrisd

I'd prefer a proper rebuild, start again and create a side ready to compete at a higher level, but lets do that in L1. Cook can get his own players in and mould a side to his style of play. If PC is able to get us up this season, I wont complain, but I'm not sure having a complete overhaul of our squad, which is very much needed, and creating a side to compete in the Championship wouldn't be ideal either. We are just nowhere near a Championship side currently. I'm looking at the long term, lets build a side and gradually add the pieces of the jigsaw instead of throwing everything together in a rush in the hope of forming a side ready to step up and compete at that higher standard.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 10:24]

Plus throwing things together in the summer involves investment.

There will be no investment so we need to ensure our current squad are well drilled and coached.
Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:32 - Mar 7 with 1376 viewspointofblue

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:20 - Mar 7 by GlasgowBlue

I think yesterday’s result has seen off any thoughts of the top 2. That now seems to be a battle between Peterborough, Hull and Sunderland. All three are in very good form.

I agree, I think the top two was a write off before kick off really. But the play offs are not.

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:35 - Mar 7 with 1360 viewsChrisd

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:30 - Mar 7 by Stewart27

There will be no investment so we need to ensure our current squad are well drilled and coached.

Yep, couldn't agree more. It's going to take a lot of money to get players in to even make us competitive if we made it back to the Championship. There's no doubt, that the first season back would be a huge struggle just to survive.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:35 - Mar 7 with 1357 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 10:30 - Mar 7 by Stewart27

Hang on... I thought a takeover was a dead cert...

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 11:02 - Mar 7 with 1294 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 09:34 - Mar 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

If we were to go up it would mean he's got us in good form and has found a formula that works to some extent.

That would be something to build on next season, but would require some very good recruitment.

And investment.....

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 11:05 - Mar 7 with 1281 viewsBlueySwede

We must get promoted from this league as soon as possible. I have never understood people that believe it´s better to wait a few years for promotion. Get promoted first. Worry about how to stay in the higher division later.
Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 11:32 - Mar 7 with 1195 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I don't really understand why anyone would want to rebuild at this level. Let's get to the Championship and recruit players who'd give us a chance of surviving in the PL.

I also wonder if PC slipped up with talk before the Gillingham match. All that stuff about how we are a too big a club for this league, along with Pompey and Sunderland, and we must target the top two. What better way to galvanise the Gillingham players to take us down a peg or two...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 12:10 - Mar 7 with 1138 viewsMattinLondon

Promotion any day. What with so many players out of contract it’ll be a massive clear out in the championship rather than L1.
Would you prefer to have Cook somehow get us up this year... on 17:45 - Mar 7 with 920 viewsstonojnr

longer we spend in League 1, the bigger the gap grows to the Championship let alone the Premiership, and the harder it will get to get out of it, we dont want to get stuck here as the ladder slowly gets pulled away from us

promotion has to be the priority as soon as possible
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024