Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Article on vaccine scepticism in France 10:03 - Mar 7 with 2553 viewsStokieBlue

Quite an interesting read, their vaccination tracker currently has them on course to vaccinate all the population by March 2023 although it's clear from the article a good percentage simply won't have it.

Given this it's hard to see how they are going to get any form of herd immunity and I guess might have knock-on effects with regards to holidays (which seems to be a main priority for some at the moment) in both directions.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/07/in-france-theres-no-escape

As the article states in the headline, it's all quite a change from the country of Louis Pasteur.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 10:07 - Mar 7 with 2512 viewsBlueBadger

If there's one thing we've learnt from the past year, it's that selfishness and stupidity transcends all barriers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 10:33 - Mar 7 with 2433 viewsEdwardStone

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 10:07 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

If there's one thing we've learnt from the past year, it's that selfishness and stupidity transcends all barriers.

Exactly this, Mr BB

The other day I was reading a piece about our Govt. preparing an advertising campaign to try to persuade non-vaccers to have the jab

Their chosen advertising agency is trying to seek out a phrase that was non-confrontational, inclusive and gently encouraging to convince the doubters to have the jab

I put forward my suggestion

" Oi....You Selfish F**kwit

Get your head out of your ar$e

Trying thinking about someone else for a change

Don't you dare refuse the life-saving vaccine

Moron"

It wasn't well received

So, how would you phrase your message in the campaign to convince the waverers?

*Bonus points awarded for interesting and humorous swearing
Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 10:38 - Mar 7 with 2418 viewsBlueBadger

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 10:33 - Mar 7 by EdwardStone

Exactly this, Mr BB

The other day I was reading a piece about our Govt. preparing an advertising campaign to try to persuade non-vaccers to have the jab

Their chosen advertising agency is trying to seek out a phrase that was non-confrontational, inclusive and gently encouraging to convince the doubters to have the jab

Moron"

It wasn't well received

'One prick makes you much less of one. Get vaccinated, kids'.

Boom. Sorted.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 10:44 - Mar 7 with 2370 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Exactly this, Mr BB

Moron"

It wasn't well received

Get vaccinated, if you see Bill tell him!

Vaccines, give them a shot....who knows it might work.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 10:45]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 10:47 - Mar 7 with 2359 viewsfactual_blue

Exactly this, Mr BB

Moron"

It wasn't well received

Some years ago the Departmental Head of Security used to run a competition for staff to submit an IT security poster and slogan. You got a book token or something if you won, and your poster got used. He showed me the one he wanted to give the prize to one year.

It was mutilated and battered teddy bear with the slogan 'Keep your password safe, or I'll f**k*ng kill you too'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 11:35 - Mar 7 with 2266 viewsBent_double

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 10:44 - Mar 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Get vaccinated, if you see Bill tell him!

Vaccines, give them a shot....who knows it might work.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 10:45]

"Got a chip on your shoulder about getting the vaccine? Think that's better than one in your shoulder? Get the jab, it could alter your dna - sorry, life"

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 11:40 - Mar 7 with 2251 viewsDarth_Koont

The madness of crowds indeed. You’d like to hope that the international evidence of successful vaccinations, and where that leaves France, will change things over time.

But amazing how a culture (nations in particular) can normalize views and behaviour that are clearly ridiculous and unfounded looking at them from the outside. It’s quite important for countries to challenge themselves much more on their blind spots, like guns in the US and our understanding of democracy in the UK.

Pronouns: He/Him

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 12:37 - Mar 7 with 2195 viewsChurchman

Exactly this, Mr BB

Moron"

It wasn't well received

Get vaccinated or you will be banned from all pubs, McDonalds and KFC.

That should persuade those intent on dying of stupidly.

I’d actually make it compulsory, barring those who can’t through medical reasons. The civil liberties of the majority that don’t wish to be infected by the selfish and ignorant are the priority.
Login to get fewer ads

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 12:41 - Mar 7 with 2186 viewsfactual_blue

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 10:38 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

'One prick makes you much less of one. Get vaccinated, kids'.

Boom. Sorted.

'If you voted Leave, you are immune. Enhance the gene pool by just saying no'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 12:47 - Mar 7 with 2169 viewsgainsboroughblue

For me. This was always going to be the major sticking point of exiting this pandemic.

The people spouting and spreading their mis-informed, copied and pasted opinions and attempting to lead people believe that it is them, sat behind their computer screen, who are more knowledgeable about science than people who have worked tirelessly to create vaccines that will enable their ignorant arse to have a full English on Malaga beach either this or next summer, and also more accurate in their reporting that nurses and doctors have not, indeed been overwhelmed with treating and in thousands of cases losing patients to a deadly virus for the past twelve months.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 12:47 - Mar 7 with 2168 viewsEdwardStone

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 12:37 - Mar 7 by Churchman

I’d actually make it compulsory, barring those who can’t through medical reasons. The civil liberties of the majority that don’t wish to be infected by the selfish and ignorant are the priority.

It might be very interesting if we could make Timmy 'Spoons insist all his clients had a valid vaccination passport as a condition of entry to his various hostelries

Might lead to a moral dilemma for some of his regulars
Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 13:32 - Mar 7 with 2073 viewsLord_Lucan

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 12:47 - Mar 7 by gainsboroughblue

For me. This was always going to be the major sticking point of exiting this pandemic.

The people spouting and spreading their mis-informed, copied and pasted opinions and attempting to lead people believe that it is them, sat behind their computer screen, who are more knowledgeable about science than people who have worked tirelessly to create vaccines that will enable their ignorant arse to have a full English on Malaga beach either this or next summer, and also more accurate in their reporting that nurses and doctors have not, indeed been overwhelmed with treating and in thousands of cases losing patients to a deadly virus for the past twelve months.

Twas on the radio last week, a big thing about people refusing vaccines.

Apparently 24% of NHS staff aren’t going to have it****

**** That may have just been London staff. Can’t honestly remember.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 15:24 - Mar 7 with 1980 viewsGlasgowBlue

When the country's president makes Trump-esque antivax statements, this is what happens

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 15:35 - Mar 7 with 1953 viewsSteve_M

Yes, although it the situation in France is improving rapidly and uptake of the AZ vaccine is now greater than it was:

I don't think there is one solution is a single solution to anti-vaccine sentiment, some people will clearly resist any logic or inducement but there are many others who might be unsure but are persuadable.

The new story last week about GPs in Leicester was heartening - by calling round those who hadn't had the vaccine they were able to answer questions and persuade a lot more people that it was safe.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 15:44 - Mar 7 with 1939 viewsAce_High1

When are we rolling out the Moderna vaccine?

Any news on more approvals?

We really need to be hitting 1 million a day.
Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 16:37 - Mar 7 with 1879 viewsGeoffSentence

"Get vaccinated, help us beat the French".

That should appeal to a good section of the anti-vax brigade.

Edit: This was intended to follow on from Edwardstone's post, not direct to yours Stkie.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 16:38]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 16:41 - Mar 7 with 1853 viewsGlasgowBlue

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 15:44 - Mar 7 by Ace_High1

When are we rolling out the Moderna vaccine?

Any news on more approvals?

We really need to be hitting 1 million a day.

April.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 17:56 - Mar 7 with 1767 viewsjeera

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 12:37 - Mar 7 by Churchman

From the Beeb's site, 1920s:

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 18:00 - Mar 7 with 1755 viewsStokieBlue

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 15:35 - Mar 7 by Steve_M

Yes, although it the situation in France is improving rapidly and uptake of the AZ vaccine is now greater than it was:

I don't think there is one solution is a single solution to anti-vaccine sentiment, some people will clearly resist any logic or inducement but there are many others who might be unsure but are persuadable.

The new story last week about GPs in Leicester was heartening - by calling round those who hadn't had the vaccine they were able to answer questions and persuade a lot more people that it was safe.

This isn't a specific C19 vaccine issue with the French though, they have had issues with all vaccines for a while to the point where it was made compulsory for kids to have vaccinations.

Hopefully they can be persuaded but it's a general "liberty" thing as well as a distrust of authority.

I'm sure they will come round though, it's excellent news that the uptake is increasing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 18:04 - Mar 7 with 1747 viewsm14_blue

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 13:32 - Mar 7 by Lord_Lucan

96% in the NW, which is fairly typical I think.

You’re right though, much lower in London, below 80%.
Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 18:04 - Mar 7 with 1747 viewsEdwardStone

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 13:32 - Mar 7 by Lord_Lucan

A very simple solution to the issue of NHS staff who are vaccine unsure....

Withhold their pay rise until they have the jab

That will larn them
Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 19:03 - Mar 7 with 1676 viewsSteve_M

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 18:04 - Mar 7 by EdwardStone

A very simple solution to the issue of NHS staff who are vaccine unsure....

Withhold their pay rise until they have the jab

That will larn them

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/gps-shock-a

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 19:12 - Mar 7 with 1657 viewsSteve_M

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 18:00 - Mar 7 by StokieBlue

This isn't a specific C19 vaccine issue with the French though, they have had issues with all vaccines for a while to the point where it was made compulsory for kids to have vaccinations.

Hopefully they can be persuaded but it's a general "liberty" thing as well as a distrust of authority.

I'm sure they will come round though, it's excellent news that the uptake is increasing.

SB

Yes, I realise it's just more than just covid. I suspect that the causes are rolled up with some of the reasons French society is so divided (malign propaganda, religious exceptionalism etc).

I do wonder whether a successful covid vaccination programme across Europe might change perceptions in a lot of people. Wakefield and the media that amplified his quackery about MMR have had a pernicious effect but, despite the rise in measles cases, serious effects and deaths are still quite low. Folk memory of diseases like polio are a long way in the past for most people (I vaguely know at least one person who had polio as a child though) so the benefits of vaccination are less obvious than for earlier generations.

That's the optimistic take anyway.

Article on vaccine scepticism in France on 12:05 - Mar 8 with 1439 viewsWeWereZombies

Exactly this, Mr BB

Moron"

It wasn't well received

Vaccination? Like democracy, it looks a bit iffy until you consider what the alternatives are.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024