Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. 14:47 - Mar 7 with 1428 viewscbower

In the recent Blue Monday interview Osman spoke about Alan Brazil making runs and Arnold Muhren assuring him he would deliver the ball at the right time and Brazil should just make the run and not worry. Now before anyone says I should not compare Brazil and Muhren with our current players, I am not stupid, they are not at the same level. However, the principle still applies. How can any of our players be confident to make their runs when Keenan Bennetts has possession? He hangs on to the ball too long, fails to deliver when he has created the space and decides to go back and try and beat a man again. There is no doubt he is a talented player but right now he is stifling any decent movement from our front players. Cook either needs to say to the lad, create the half a yard and deliver the cross early (he could be quite devasting then) or bin him off. He is, after all, not ours.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 14:47]

bluescouser

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 14:59 - Mar 7 with 1323 viewsGarv

It's been a problem for years now with a lot of young players. You hardly ever see an early cross now. The best player for bucking this trend is Trent AA, if you watch him when he gets the ball wide, if he gets even the sniff of a bit of space he'll whip it with no hesitation. He doesn't care if he's far out, he trusts he can put it into a good area - which all professional footballers should be able to really.

Bennets did at least set up Parrot's overhead yesterday by beating a couple of men, so he's not all bad, but there's a lot to be said for an early delivery in my view, so I agree with you.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 15:31 - Mar 7 with 1211 viewscbower

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 14:59 - Mar 7 by Garv

It's been a problem for years now with a lot of young players. You hardly ever see an early cross now. The best player for bucking this trend is Trent AA, if you watch him when he gets the ball wide, if he gets even the sniff of a bit of space he'll whip it with no hesitation. He doesn't care if he's far out, he trusts he can put it into a good area - which all professional footballers should be able to really.

Bennets did at least set up Parrot's overhead yesterday by beating a couple of men, so he's not all bad, but there's a lot to be said for an early delivery in my view, so I agree with you.

like I said, he has talent and yes he did set up Parrot for his overhead kick. However, he even had to beat the man twice on that occasion and delivered a cross behind our player that would have needed a worldie to score. Parrot was probably ahead of the ball as he had already made his movement wanting the cross earlier!!!

bluescouser

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 15:32 - Mar 7 with 1205 viewsGuthrum

Might also solve the problem of him running out of space and putting the ball over the by-line for a goal kick.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 15:42 - Mar 7 with 1153 viewsSteve_M

That's where good coaching can and should improve players though. Those runs didn't just happen by chance even allowing for how much better those players clearly were.

Our decision making yesterday was poor both on and off the ball, we got very little time and made a lot of avoidable mistakes. We have looked better recently but there's a long way to go to mould an effective team out of some decent players.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 15:50 - Mar 7 with 1115 viewscbower

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 15:42 - Mar 7 by Steve_M

That's where good coaching can and should improve players though. Those runs didn't just happen by chance even allowing for how much better those players clearly were.

Our decision making yesterday was poor both on and off the ball, we got very little time and made a lot of avoidable mistakes. We have looked better recently but there's a long way to go to mould an effective team out of some decent players.

That's really my point. Good coaching will improve Bennetts and encourage greater movement from our forwards who will be rewarded for their runs with more opportunities to score.

bluescouser

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 15:53 - Mar 7 with 1100 viewsKeaneish

Bennett's has natural ability, no doubt. However, he is woefully short of doing the basics right - who has been coaching him all this time!? Here's a small list of everything Cook needs to sort out with him, and this is on a basic level...

- Tracking back and not letting runners go.
- Staying alert from set pieces, keeping an eye on his man, not just the ball.
- Positioning when off the ball in attacking and defending positions.
- Release of the ball when its at his feet in threatening positions around the 18
- Crossing, one-touch, head-up...
- Number of touches on the ball unless committing an opponent
- Awareness related to some of the above...

So many absolute basics he's failed to do in every game. Frustrating when you players at this level making mistakes i had drummed into me at 16 - 18!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 19:38 - Mar 7 with 866 viewsGarv

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 15:31 - Mar 7 by cbower

like I said, he has talent and yes he did set up Parrot for his overhead kick. However, he even had to beat the man twice on that occasion and delivered a cross behind our player that would have needed a worldie to score. Parrot was probably ahead of the ball as he had already made his movement wanting the cross earlier!!!

Fair point. He gets us up the pitch and he's clearly cultured, but you're absolutely right.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 19:54 - Mar 7 with 823 viewsITFC_96

Dobra or Lankester should be playing ahead of him. There is literally no reason to play him. He is on massive wages compared to his level of skill.
Login to get fewer ads

The Russell Osman interview, Bennetts and our forwards. on 22:06 - Mar 7 with 674 viewsArnieM

The player that could provide that pass ( if played in a forward position), is Dozzell .
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 22:07]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024