Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug 16:58 - Mar 7 with 4377 viewshomer_123

Covid pandemic, Mr Johnson said.

No, wholly incorrect. You are 'chosing' to give as much as you and your colleagues wish.

Would anyone vote Conservative after the way the pandemic has been handled?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56313199

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 16:59 - Mar 7 with 1830 viewsJ2BLUE

We're at the double down stage now.

Give it a few days and there'll be a u-turn.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:11 - Mar 7 with 1783 viewsDarth_Koont

The Greens have said 15%. And considering the massive shortfall in the number of nurses that makes economic sense too.

Pronouns: He/Him

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:14 - Mar 7 with 1768 viewsthebooks

I’m genuinely amazed by this. Giving nurses a huge increase is easily affordable and an open goal in terms of popularity. Also sends out the right “levelling up” message.

Still, once a Tory, always a Tory.
The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:22 - Mar 7 with 1742 viewsBlueBadger

Reminder: we've spent roughly twice £350M per week on 'NHS' track and trace and PPE contracts for mates.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:26 - Mar 7 with 1716 viewsWD19

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:14 - Mar 7 by thebooks

I’m genuinely amazed by this. Giving nurses a huge increase is easily affordable and an open goal in terms of popularity. Also sends out the right “levelling up” message.

Still, once a Tory, always a Tory.

I think ‘easily affordable’ is a bit of a stretch, but I agree it is a very odd thing for the government to die in a ditch over right now.

For perspective, the 15% mentioned on this thread would cost an additional approx 80bn over the next decade.
The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:28 - Mar 7 with 1706 viewsBlueBadger

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:26 - Mar 7 by WD19

I think ‘easily affordable’ is a bit of a stretch, but I agree it is a very odd thing for the government to die in a ditch over right now.

For perspective, the 15% mentioned on this thread would cost an additional approx 80bn over the next decade.

Or, roughly 4 years of £350M a week extra.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:29 - Mar 7 with 1693 viewsthebooks

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:26 - Mar 7 by WD19

£80bn is easily affordable over a decade [shrug].
This chumocracy thing.... on 18:09 - Mar 7 with 1606 viewsPendejo

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:22 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

Reminder: we've spent roughly twice £350M per week on 'NHS' track and trace and PPE contracts for mates.

If it were the stockmarket, they'd get done for insider dealing wouldn't they?

Especially Hanky Panky and his local landlord.

Yet they begrudge hard working ordinary people receiving a little bit extra. Genuinely shocks me that people continue to vote for them.

(But then I vote for independent candidates, so what do I know)

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 18:15 - Mar 7 with 1597 viewsBlueBadger

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 16:59 - Mar 7 by J2BLUE

We're at the double down stage now.

Give it a few days and there'll be a u-turn.

When P*z turns up to defend it, you know it'll be revoked within the next 24 hours.

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 18:37 - Mar 7 with 1547 views26_Paz

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 18:15 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

When P*z turns up to defend it, you know it'll be revoked within the next 24 hours.

Little bit rude to asterisk out my name, wouldn’t you say?

The Paz Man

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 18:47 - Mar 7 with 1519 viewsDarth_Koont

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 17:29 - Mar 7 by thebooks

£80bn is easily affordable over a decade [shrug].

Indeed. Especially in the wake of a pandemic that was/still is traumatic, we’re asking NHS workers to stay in the job, keep doing more, attract new staff and probably a combination of all three.

Probably one of the best ways of spending 80 billion as an investment in our future and into the economy. Certainly compared to the hundreds of billions p!ssed away to a select few or on Brexit that we’ll never see again.

Pronouns: He/Him

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 18:50 - Mar 7 with 1511 viewsBlueBadger

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 18:37 - Mar 7 by 26_Paz

Little bit rude to asterisk out my name, wouldn’t you say?

Well, we know how delicate your sensibilities are regarding use of offensive terms and names.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 18:57]

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:27 - Mar 7 with 1444 viewsLeoMuff

The reality is members of this government/cabinet are on record that privatisation of the NHS is desirable.

For this to be acceptable to the public the NHS needs to be run into the ground until not fit for purpose, only then can this be palatable to large numbers.

For this to be achieved staff wages must be kept as low as possible, services cut and underfunded, and investment kept as low as can be got away with.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:33 - Mar 7 with 1427 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

All this "we can't afford any more than this" rhetoric is just that.

Agreements were in place for NHS pay increases this year prior to the pandemic and could have readily been continued with or even increased.

"But we couldn't have anticipated the pandemic and the impact it would have had on public finances". Elements of truth here of course but as that public finance impact has been unprecedented then a more radical approach might have been appropriate rather than the usual round of spending/budget cuts in the most predictable areas.

Surely one of the things that the pandemic has taught us is that the NHS is desperately under-funded and public service workers under-paid.

As a nation we have our public finance priorities wrong.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:35 - Mar 7 with 1418 viewsjas0999

Agree with most. But it’s surely little surprise we can’t give folk pay rises. Covid has cost billions! We have no money!
The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:39 - Mar 7 with 1404 viewsthebooks

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:35 - Mar 7 by jas0999

Agree with most. But it’s surely little surprise we can’t give folk pay rises. Covid has cost billions! We have no money!

We’ve got tons of money, can print money with virtually zero risk and have never had access to borrow so much so cheaply.
The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:42 - Mar 7 with 1396 viewsMullet

Loads of people will unfortunately because there will be those that truly believe 1000 deaths a day was unavoidable because the papers tell us so.

Think about the "Northern Powerhouse" and when you last heard it used, now it's "levelling up" which is demonstrably nonsense and basically means once again the Tories will take credit for anyone and anything that becomes a success on their watch.

There was a protest by nurses today up here, one of them has been fined £10k by GMP. I will be interested in the PR fallout from that and how much like the rules, it might invoke another U-turn and undermine messaging further.

It's telling that when Sunak is giving our money away it's branded in blue and dressed up as a gift from our Lords and masters.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:42 - Mar 7 with 1390 views26_Paz

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:39 - Mar 7 by thebooks

We’ve got tons of money, can print money with virtually zero risk and have never had access to borrow so much so cheaply.

I’m not getting involved in the main topic of discussion but I would point out that we, as a country, very obviously do not have ‘tons of money’

The Paz Man

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:47 - Mar 7 with 1377 viewsfooters

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:42 - Mar 7 by 26_Paz

I’m not getting involved in the main topic of discussion but I would point out that we, as a country, very obviously do not have ‘tons of money’

Why's that, do you think?

Did you vote for a whoopsie what's made us poorer?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:48 - Mar 7 with 1377 viewsthebooks

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:33 - Mar 7 by You_Bloo_Right

All this "we can't afford any more than this" rhetoric is just that.

Agreements were in place for NHS pay increases this year prior to the pandemic and could have readily been continued with or even increased.

"But we couldn't have anticipated the pandemic and the impact it would have had on public finances". Elements of truth here of course but as that public finance impact has been unprecedented then a more radical approach might have been appropriate rather than the usual round of spending/budget cuts in the most predictable areas.

Surely one of the things that the pandemic has taught us is that the NHS is desperately under-funded and public service workers under-paid.

As a nation we have our public finance priorities wrong.

Quite. Propping up the financial system in 2008 cost over a trillion pounds in a year, and the state was able to absorb that fairly comfortably.

The only investor in town at the moment is the state, and we struggled so much with the first wave of COVID due to years of NHS underfunding. This is obviously an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone — inject some cash into the economy and start fixing the NHS.
The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:49 - Mar 7 with 1366 viewsJ2BLUE

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:39 - Mar 7 by thebooks

Can print with zero risk?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:50 - Mar 7 with 1362 views26_Paz

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:47 - Mar 7 by footers

Why's that, do you think?

Did you vote for a whoopsie what's made us poorer?

No. We’ve had to spend billions more than expected due to an unforeseen event.

The Paz Man

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:50 - Mar 7 with 1356 viewsBlueBadger

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:35 - Mar 7 by jas0999

It's mostly cost billions because we've spunked it on inflated contracts for government cronies.

Plus, we've Brexited now, we've got half an 'NHS' tack and trace extra available to spend now.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 19:54]

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:51 - Mar 7 with 1345 viewsSpruceMoose

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:50 - Mar 7 by 26_Paz

No. We’ve had to spend billions more than expected due to an unforeseen event.

Brexit?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:52 - Mar 7 with 1334 views26_Paz

The government is giving workers "as much as we can" in the "toug on 19:51 - Mar 7 by SpruceMoose

Brexit?

Coronavirus

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024