Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? 08:05 - Mar 8 with 2968 viewsGerkensBeard

Downes in you’d imagine. Edwards replacing Bennett’s? Doubt Judge will be back yet.
I hope we stick with the direct style that has brought us success of late against a technically gifted Lincoln side. Keep Rogers and Johnson quiet and we may have a chance
What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 08:34 - Mar 8 with 2396 viewsjayessess

Downes in, for sure, possibly for Parrott (with Bishop pushed forward). I don't think Edwards has done enough since coming back from injury to be starting personally, but they say Cook's preference is for experience so maybe he'll come in.

I'd be inclined to get Matheson in, personally.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 8:59]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 08:51 - Mar 8 with 2332 viewschrismakin

I think we will see Harrop Parrott swapped and that'll be it so maybe jackson and Edwards in

Cook mentions in his post gills press that he doesnt like to change to much etc
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 8:57]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 08:57 - Mar 8 with 2295 viewsBasuco

Set the side up to have more than one shot on target during the game would be good start.
What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:05 - Mar 8 with 2253 viewsSparky85

Depending on availability, I would go:
Holy
Matheson, Chambers, Wilson, Kenlock
Dozzell, Downes
Edwards, Bishop, Bennetts
Norwood

If Judge is back available, then put him in for Bishop. Clear the run of games is catching up on Troy and he needs a rest, which is why I have gone for Bish there.

In an ideal world I would still like us to play 2 up top so could change the above for a 4-4-2 with Jackson in for Bish.
What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:12 - Mar 8 with 2231 viewsPinewoodblue

It isn’t necessarily a change in the line up that is needed, but more a change in the mindset of the team.

It really isn’t enough for Chambers to say the team were disappointed, they certainly hid it well at the final whistle.

Not convinced all the players can see any benefit to them in gaining promotion. Some might have a better chance of another year if we remain in league 1.

Good luck Paul.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:19 - Mar 8 with 2206 viewsGerkensBeard

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:05 - Mar 8 by Sparky85

Holy
Dozzell, Downes
Norwood

If Judge is back available, then put him in for Bishop. Clear the run of games is catching up on Troy and he needs a rest, which is why I have gone for Bish there.

In an ideal world I would still like us to play 2 up top so could change the above for a 4-4-2 with Jackson in for Bish.

If Troy needs a rest then I’d like to see Kayden come in. Don’t want to see Norwood isolated again and it’s a chance to impose ourselves on a neat and tidy Lincoln side and keep their centre halfs on their toes with those two rather than let them play.
What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:25 - Mar 8 with 2177 viewsKeaneish

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:05 - Mar 8 by Sparky85

Holy
Dozzell, Downes
Norwood

Why would you select Bennetts?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 9:53]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:26 - Mar 8 with 2174 viewschrismakin

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:19 - Mar 8 by GerkensBeard

If Troy needs a rest then I’d like to see Kayden come in. Don’t want to see Norwood isolated again and it’s a chance to impose ourselves on a neat and tidy Lincoln side and keep their centre halfs on their toes with those two rather than let them play.

I did like the fact when jackson came on he was roaming. If we can get that nurtured with Norwood it could work really well. Jackson also didnt run Into the same areas as nors which parrott always does.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:29 - Mar 8 with 2162 viewsWeWereZombies

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:25 - Mar 8 by Keaneish

And more specifically Bennett's what? I'm not sure I would even select Bennetts. There again, the OP did lead off with the Bennett's question. But my suggestion would be the first thing that cook needs to do is reinstate the capital C...
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 9:55]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:35 - Mar 8 with 2138 viewsfarkenhell

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:29 - Mar 8 by WeWereZombies

And more specifically Bennett's what? I'm not sure I would even select Bennetts. There again, the OP did lead off with the Bennett's question. But my suggestion would be the first thing that cook needs to do is reinstate the capital C...

First rule of pedantry - if you're going to pick up someone on his/her grammar, make sure that you check your own first!
What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:39 - Mar 8 with 2111 viewsWeWereZombies

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:35 - Mar 8 by farkenhell

First rule of pedantry - if you're going to pick up someone on his/her grammar, make sure that you check your own first!

And the problem is?

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:40 - Mar 8 with 2104 viewsNthQldITFC

'I hope we stick with the direct style that has brought us success of late against a technically gifted Lincoln side' makes me want to cry - it just shows how far we have been allowed to fall, and how much work Paul Cook and the new structure will have to do. It's going to take time, luck, encouragement, investment and patience from us, but it is doable.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:42 - Mar 8 with 2095 viewsfarkenhell

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:39 - Mar 8 by WeWereZombies

And the problem is?

You didn't need the pronoun in the final sentence.
What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:42 - Mar 8 with 2089 viewsSparky85

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:25 - Mar 8 by Keaneish

The simple answer is round pegs in round holes. Edwards and Bennetts are both natural wide players.
What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:43 - Mar 8 with 2087 viewsPJH

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:39 - Mar 8 by WeWereZombies

And the problem is?

Should you start a sentence with 'And'?
What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:46 - Mar 8 with 2064 viewsWeWereZombies

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:43 - Mar 8 by PJH

When I intend to use a conversational tone and to link one post to another in an enhanced sense then, yes, I feel I should. Perhaps this is more a question of style than of grammar though; if I can be slightly pedantic about the claim.

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:47 - Mar 8 with 2063 viewsMrTown

Cornell
Matheson - Chambers - Wilson - Kenlock
Downes - Dozzell
Thomas - Lankester - Edwards
Norwood

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:49 - Mar 8 with 2052 viewsNthQldITFC

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:46 - Mar 8 by WeWereZombies

When I intend to use a conversational tone and to link one post to another in an enhanced sense then, yes, I feel I should. Perhaps this is more a question of style than of grammar though; if I can be slightly pedantic about the claim.

You may.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:52 - Mar 8 with 2024 viewsWeWereZombies

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:49 - Mar 8 by NthQldITFC

You may.

Thank you, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:55 - Mar 8 with 1998 viewsKeaneish

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:29 - Mar 8 by WeWereZombies

I sincerely apologise. Happy?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:56 - Mar 8 with 1988 viewsDarth_Koont

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:35 - Mar 8 by farkenhell

Actually, that’s the second rule of pedantry.

Pronouns: He/Him

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:58 - Mar 8 with 1969 viewsDarth_Koont

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:43 - Mar 8 by PJH

Yes. It’s in the Bible.

Pronouns: He/Him

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 10:02 - Mar 8 with 1955 viewsWeWereZombies

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 09:42 - Mar 8 by farkenhell

You didn't need the pronoun in the final sentence.

Ah thanks, typo rather than grammar error on my part. Something I keep doing these days, perhaps due to over reliance on auto correct and spell checkers. I suspect I am not alone in this and so still feel justified in pointing out the increasing incidence of spelling errors and the like. Carl Jung had a theory about things breaking down as they got further away from their source; he used the example of coinage in the Roman era becoming more crude the further you got away from Rome and also the dissociation resulting from LSD use. It can be indicative of trauma, i.e. Microsoft and Google are messing with our inherent ability to form language...whilst also helping us stop making other spelling mistakes.

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 10:18 - Mar 8 with 1893 viewsfarkenhell

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 10:02 - Mar 8 by WeWereZombies

Ah thanks, typo rather than grammar error on my part. Something I keep doing these days, perhaps due to over reliance on auto correct and spell checkers. I suspect I am not alone in this and so still feel justified in pointing out the increasing incidence of spelling errors and the like. Carl Jung had a theory about things breaking down as they got further away from their source; he used the example of coinage in the Roman era becoming more crude the further you got away from Rome and also the dissociation resulting from LSD use. It can be indicative of trauma, i.e. Microsoft and Google are messing with our inherent ability to form language...whilst also helping us stop making other spelling mistakes.

Eyesore your sneaky edit!
What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 10:22 - Mar 8 with 1874 viewsfarkenhell

What changes do you think cook will make tomorrow night? on 10:02 - Mar 8 by WeWereZombies

...ditto the calculator for basic calculations. My 9 year old boy already makes me feel like a dunce!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024