Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambos loans 09:21 - Mar 8 with 4029 viewsBluefish

Matheson can't get in the team
Parrott runs round a lot but hasn't offered much
Thomas was terrible
Bennetts very raw needs a long run of games or not bother
Harrop similar to Parrott runs round but doesn't seem to be in the game
McGuiness strange signing but then got in the team and has now disappeared

They all seem utterly pointless and we appear to be developing youngsters from elsewhere and neglecting our own

I expect the other seasons loans will be equally odd

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambos loans on 09:25 - Mar 8 with 3286 viewschrismakin

It's almost like he rang around begging for anyone available really. No real thought into what we actually needed.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lambos loans on 09:38 - Mar 8 with 3231 viewsgordon

I would have looked to bring in an experienced, battle hardened central midfielder for the season if possible. We've got enough of our own inconsistent but talented young players, and didn't really need to loan in 6 more.
Lambos loans on 09:43 - Mar 8 with 3197 viewsMrTown

Agree 6 loans is just adds to a ridiculously bloated squad - no settled side, far too many players that Lambo drafted in.

Think Thomas is a decent player though, only thing I disagree with.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambos loans on 09:49 - Mar 8 with 3160 viewsCoco

we need abiwwa hewlp

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Lambos loans on 10:50 - Mar 8 with 3008 viewsOsborneOneNil

Lambos loans on 09:25 - Mar 8 by chrismakin

It's almost like he rang around begging for anyone available really. No real thought into what we actually needed.

Yeah, almost as if Lambert had no fookin clue as to what he was doing.
Lambos loans on 10:52 - Mar 8 with 2993 viewsmarchy

Lamberk's comment on Matheson seemed to go largely unnoticed:

“He’s only a baby, he’s only a kid. He’s still doing his A-levels, that’s how young he is. He’ll have a big future in the game. What we are giving him is experience of being with the first team, you see that little fluctuation with some games, which is great for him. He’s one that I think will have a good future in the game.”

What did he think we were, a fcking creche or something?
Lambos loans on 10:53 - Mar 8 with 2991 viewsCoastalblue

Lambos loans on 10:50 - Mar 8 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah, almost as if Lambert had no fookin clue as to what he was doing.

Not sure he had a lot of input into January's loan signings.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Lambos loans on 10:54 - Mar 8 with 2989 viewsnodge_blue

When was the last really good loan player we had? Laurence?

We seem to hover them up and then regret it on a regular basis.

Parrott I think has been ok. But strikers are signed for goals.

We seem such a strange squad. Everyone seems to have some significant weakness. Somehow we need to get a spine of good all round players.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambos loans on 10:57 - Mar 8 with 2966 viewsSwailsey

They are all odd.

Matheson is very highly rated and has done it at this level. I really thought he'd be in the team as a starter - I would be in favor of it.

Parrott clearly has something, but may not be what we need. I'm sure he'll have a very good career though.

Bennetts, Thomas and Harrop are utterly pointless, offer very little and just clutter up the squad.

McGuiness I suppose was needed (but we had Ndaba?), but now we have 4 other fit CBs, he isn't.

The only ones I'd keep would be Matheson and maybe Parrott.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lambos loans on 11:36 - Mar 8 with 2839 viewsGarv

You've got a point with some but Parrot has been a big part of our improvement. Could see in his first game against Blackpool he was a cut above and even on Saturday, though I didn't watch, didn't he come closest to scoring, other than Chambers obviously...?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambos loans on 11:41 - Mar 8 with 2791 viewsRadlett_blue

Lambos loans on 10:57 - Mar 8 by Swailsey

They are all odd.

Matheson is very highly rated and has done it at this level. I really thought he'd be in the team as a starter - I would be in favor of it.

Parrott clearly has something, but may not be what we need. I'm sure he'll have a very good career though.

Bennetts, Thomas and Harrop are utterly pointless, offer very little and just clutter up the squad.

McGuiness I suppose was needed (but we had Ndaba?), but now we have 4 other fit CBs, he isn't.

Pretty much agree with your assessments of the players, but the January loans were Lambert's last, desperate throw of the dice. After the promise of the Blackpool game, Lambert rang the changes again & that was that.
They're players Lambert brought in so no compunction on Cook to play them, but he'll pick his best team from the huge squad irrespective of if they're loans until the play offs become unattainable. Then, we should dump all the players who Cook doesn't want for next season & start trying to rebuild.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lambos loans on 11:43 - Mar 8 with 2774 viewshype313

Lambos loans on 10:57 - Mar 8 by Swailsey

They are all odd.

Yep, agree with that.

We need Parrott as Norwood, Hawkins and Sears all have dreadful injury records, so it would be wise to keep him, and actually I think once he really gets going and adapts to the league, he could actually be a key cog in our run in.

Bin the rest off.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lambos loans on 11:49 - Mar 8 with 2743 viewsRadlett_blue

Lambos loans on 10:53 - Mar 8 by Coastalblue

Not sure he had a lot of input into January's loan signings.

Whom do you think did pick the January loan signings?

Lambos loans on 11:50 - Mar 8 with 2738 viewstractordownsouth

Parrott and Matheson are the only 2 that have improved the quality of the matchday squad. The rest are no better than what we already had.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Lambos loans on 12:16 - Mar 8 with 2676 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Hopefully Cook will feel less pressure to play them than Lambert did (having signed them)

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Lambos loans on 17:10 - Mar 8 with 2469 viewschrismakin

Lambos loans on 11:36 - Mar 8 by Garv

You've got a point with some but Parrot has been a big part of our improvement. Could see in his first game against Blackpool he was a cut above and even on Saturday, though I didn't watch, didn't he come closest to scoring, other than Chambers obviously...?

His effort was one of the very few times he got in the box, other than that he was deep and running into every area Norwood ran into, they've got to work on who does what between them

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lambos loans on 17:24 - Mar 8 with 2437 viewsRadlett_blue

Lambos loans on 17:10 - Mar 8 by chrismakin

His effort was one of the very few times he got in the box, other than that he was deep and running into every area Norwood ran into, they've got to work on who does what between them

That's the problem with bringing in a raft of loan players, or managing a squad of over 40 professionals. Thanks to Lambert's & Evans's ineptitude, Cook has been given both.

Lambos loans on 17:26 - Mar 8 with 2424 viewswkj

I think Parrott needs a goal for his confidence and then we will see a much different player. Bennetts is irritating as for ever good thing he does, he manages to bork up three simple things in exchange. Matherson, Thomas, Harrop seem pointless.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambos loans on 17:34 - Mar 8 with 2405 viewsRadlett_blue

Lambos loans on 17:26 - Mar 8 by wkj

I think Parrott needs a goal for his confidence and then we will see a much different player. Bennetts is irritating as for ever good thing he does, he manages to bork up three simple things in exchange. Matherson, Thomas, Harrop seem pointless.

Parrott has failed to score in his 22 senior games. He's clearly not a bad footballer, but he doesn't look the answer to our goal scoring problem.

Lambos loans on 17:51 - Mar 8 with 2386 viewstetchris

It was the same when we was in the championship. Colin Quaner to name one
Lambos loans on 18:05 - Mar 8 with 2334 viewsTheBoyBlue

I just don't get why we use the loan system the way we do. Either you get someone in who will improve the team or you don't bother. For years with few exceptions - such as Fraser and Lawrence - we've just brought in players who we are improving for other clubs but don't improve us and only hold back our players. I think the only two from the current list worth persevering with are Matheson (who when he did come in really added to the team and currently RB is an area we need cover) and Parrott who if he gets his eye in could help with the goals. The rest will in the main have decent careers but are just taking up space for us currently.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 23:36]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Lambos loans on 18:41 - Mar 8 with 2248 viewsDubtractor

Lambos loans on 11:36 - Mar 8 by Garv

I missed the Blackpool game, so I'm still to see too much to get excited about with Parrott. He works hard, but pretty poor decision making, and his performance against Northampton was remarkably bad.

Clearly a potential player there, but I've not seen him really perform just yet.

Harrop is the most disappointing, he's not a kid, but looks so incredibly lightweight. Was really poor on Saturday.

edit: joint most disappointing, forgot Thomas......

Getting Parrott and Matheson in January made perfect sense, Thomas and Harrop almost no sense at all considering the options we already had in the squad. Bennetts has been hopeless if we're being honest. McGuiness not actually too bad, but as has been said many times we should have got a RB at the time instead.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 18:58]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lambos loans on 20:54 - Mar 8 with 2094 viewsbraveblue

Cook said Parrott was best player on Saturday!!
Lambos loans on 21:20 - Mar 8 with 2022 viewsChrisd

Lambos loans on 10:52 - Mar 8 by marchy

Lamberk's comment on Matheson seemed to go largely unnoticed:

“He’s only a baby, he’s only a kid. He’s still doing his A-levels, that’s how young he is. He’ll have a big future in the game. What we are giving him is experience of being with the first team, you see that little fluctuation with some games, which is great for him. He’s one that I think will have a good future in the game.”

What did he think we were, a fcking creche or something?

To be fair to Matheson, he’s played 25 times in L1 with Rochdale and us, we aren’t talking about someone that hasn’t played any games in men’s football like McGuiness, who by the way hasn’t done badly. Also, most of us thought Matheson was a decent signing at the time and even more so after his debut.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 21:43]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambos loans on 22:08 - Mar 8 with 1928 viewsPilgrimblue

I'm not sure any of them are good enough for L1.

In the past teams have been successful using strong quick and experienced players aka Rotherham and Coventry. Loaning youngsters with little experience can only be a disaster. The pairing of McG and Woolfy was bound to fail against seasoned attackers which should have been apparent to PL. Apart from Ward who's too slow/old and at the time unused Kenlock we had no decent left sided defenders. Very poor team building IMHO.

Strangely other clubs have recruited far better with less funding. I'm not sure what Cook can make of it all but guess he'll soon find out. It'll be interesting how he blends it together and whether it will work.My guess is another year in L1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024