Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking Town Podcast 14:03 - Mar 9 with 1647 viewsJDAndCoke

I've posted about this podcast before on here and have given it the time of day over the previous month and found it's grown on me. Some good content and a worthwhile listen alongside Blue Monday and KOA which have been favourites of mine for some time...

However, this week we seem to be back to old habits of having a pop at the EADT and KOA podcast unnecessarily to try to enhance their own status which doesn't sit comfortably at all. Straight after this conversation they begin trying to formulate a legitimate argument for scrapping the offside rule in football completely!

Stick to what you're doing and improve your own listener stats before slating other, more established podcasts.
Talking Town Podcast on 14:10 - Mar 9 with 1595 viewstractordownsouth

I've given them a listen a couple of times but they seem to be a bit too concerned about figures and ratings. I much prefer Blue Monday.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Talking Town Podcast on 14:31 - Mar 9 with 1531 viewsStenvict

I'm surprised Phil advertises that podcast on here, considering some of the contributors are constantly belittling this forum. The majority of them have very strong opinions that nobody can change. At least with the KOA and Blue Monday, the contributors are intelligent and can have a respectful debate, and can change their opinions.

Poll: What will be announced first?

"Thanks for listening" (n/t) on 14:33 - Mar 9 with 1510 viewsBloots

Talking Town Podcast on 14:10 - Mar 9 by tractordownsouth

I've given them a listen a couple of times but they seem to be a bit too concerned about figures and ratings. I much prefer Blue Monday.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Talking Town Podcast on 14:33 - Mar 9 with 1508 viewsBluefish

As I've said before surely the point of a podcast is to give you insight and teach you things. I can't see the point in listening to people that haven't got a clue

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Talking Town Podcast on 14:35 - Mar 9 with 1509 viewstextbackup

cant stand it, or any of them on there.

BM great listen, and the KOA too.

favourite is probably BM.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Talking Town Podcast on 14:36 - Mar 9 with 1510 viewsFixed_It

Talking Town Podcast on 14:31 - Mar 9 by Stenvict

I'm surprised Phil advertises that podcast on here, considering some of the contributors are constantly belittling this forum. The majority of them have very strong opinions that nobody can change. At least with the KOA and Blue Monday, the contributors are intelligent and can have a respectful debate, and can change their opinions.

It's the Talksport of ITFC podcasts, appealing to the reactionary element of our fanbase. It has a place, and I often listen to it - but if you want nuanced, intelligent insight then KOA and Blue Monday are the podcasts of choice.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Talking Town Podcast on 14:37 - Mar 9 with 1507 viewstractorboy1978

Talking Town Podcast on 14:31 - Mar 9 by Stenvict

Yes, I think that is the difference - intelligent and insightful. TT was summed up for me by having a fantastic, interesting guest on in Matt Slater and then it proceeding into a free for all of drivel afterwards.
Talking Town Podcast on 14:43 - Mar 9 with 1443 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Talking Town Podcast on 14:35 - Mar 9 by textbackup

Wasnt keen on KOA when I first started listening, I thought they tried a bit too hard on the 'banter'.

Must admit they have grown on my, and I always have a listen. Good insights.

BM is my 'go to' pod though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Talking Town Podcast on 14:44 - Mar 9 with 1443 viewsIllinoisblue

Do any of the three main TT chaps have a regular day job? They seem to be pushing out content every hour of the day.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Talking Town Podcast on 14:47 - Mar 9 with 1413 viewsdavblue

Talking Town Podcast on 14:35 - Mar 9 by textbackup

The past month with guests has been pretty good i have to say.

When it's just them talking on a usual show i do switch off or not listen to it because they do talk as if they have all the answers and they are right and everyone else is wrong.

The nicknames are cringe also.

'The Media mogul'
Talking Town Podcast on 14:47 - Mar 9 with 1406 viewsleft_foot

I tried, very hard, to listen to a whole episode, but failed after about 10 minutes. It was like going to a game and realising after a few minutes that you are sitting behind/in front of people who are going to talk absolute rubbish the whole game.
Talking Town Podcast on 14:49 - Mar 9 with 1384 viewsdavblue

Talking Town Podcast on 14:37 - Mar 9 by tractorboy1978

Yes, I think that is the difference - intelligent and insightful. TT was summed up for me by having a fantastic, interesting guest on in Matt Slater and then it proceeding into a free for all of drivel afterwards.

i stopped listening after 5 mins, once Matt had finished.
"Hello my friends and you are my friends" on 14:51 - Mar 9 with 1363 viewsdavblue

"Thanks for listening" (n/t) on 14:33 - Mar 9 by Bloots

Cringe
Talking Town Podcast on 15:20 - Mar 9 with 1291 viewsChrisd

What's encouraging about all the ITFC podcasts is they offer something different. If Talking Town isn't your cup of tea, there are plenty of other options that will tick the boxes.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I think bedsheet is a gardener...... on 15:21 - Mar 9 with 1291 viewsBloots

Talking Town Podcast on 14:44 - Mar 9 by Illinoisblue

Do any of the three main TT chaps have a regular day job? They seem to be pushing out content every hour of the day.

....or a groundsman/janitor of some sort.

The bloke that runs it appears to be involved in a number of podcasts - "HDR Network" so I assume he's full time.

The other one is a full time professional twanger.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Talking Town Podcast on 15:46 - Mar 9 with 1195 views90sBlue27

Completely agree on second paragraph. It’s a platform for people that just rant and rave. They all come across as self righteous individuals and the usual “it’s all about opinions” if they’re proven wrong. Classless
Talking Town Podcast on 16:29 - Mar 9 with 1076 viewsCoastalblue

Often spending 10-12 hours a night most nights driving for work now I get through an insane amount of podcasts, across all sorts of subjects and have even recorded a few.

I came to the conclusion that I was unwilling to listen to anybody who seemed to feel that they were more important than the listener, from what I can recall this is one that fell into that category. Was tempted to give it another try but maybe not yet from what's been said.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Talking Town Podcast on 16:35 - Mar 9 with 1042 viewsTieDyedIn95

What Ipswich needs is a goal hanger who stands the entire game in the opposition area complaining he doesn't get the ball. Scrap offsides!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Talking Town Podcast on 17:36 - Mar 9 with 893 viewsportmanking

Talking Town Podcast on 16:29 - Mar 9 by Coastalblue

Often spending 10-12 hours a night most nights driving for work now I get through an insane amount of podcasts, across all sorts of subjects and have even recorded a few.

I came to the conclusion that I was unwilling to listen to anybody who seemed to feel that they were more important than the listener, from what I can recall this is one that fell into that category. Was tempted to give it another try but maybe not yet from what's been said.

Your second paragraph hits the nail firmly on the head. For a 'content creator' who prides himself on being a show for all opinions, he doesn't half self-inflate his own opinion above everyone elses! Snoozeville. It's a no from me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024