Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He's cr4p, a consolidation thread 09:13 - Mar 10 with 1742 viewsCoastalblue

So this morning there are threads saying Norwood, Nsiala, Bennets and Edwards are below our level.

Too many third division standard players playing for us currently, who else can we add to the list? I'm sure we can agree on at least half the squad being below us? I reckon Skuse is getting away with it by not playing at the moment.

Feel free to add your own names.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:17 - Mar 10 with 1690 viewsSteve_M

It's better than Saturday afternoon, not sure anyone escaped the wrath of the post-match reaction then.

It seems odd that we've brought a manager in with a proven track record of improving players and some fans have decided that he can't achieve anything with most of ours.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:21 - Mar 10 with 1644 viewsCoastalblue

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:17 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

It's better than Saturday afternoon, not sure anyone escaped the wrath of the post-match reaction then.

It seems odd that we've brought a manager in with a proven track record of improving players and some fans have decided that he can't achieve anything with most of ours.

Is this the same fans that a short while ago were claiming this squad should walk the league?

Modern life is a bit cr4p, very polar, no shades of grey.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:22 - Mar 10 with 1624 viewsKeno

Piers Morgan

I know he isnt a player but whenever I see a list about people who are crap he always comes to mind

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:25 - Mar 10 with 1599 viewsJon_456

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:17 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

Cook is right about creating partnerships within the team.

Watching the last few games, we have too many players that just aren't very good with the ball and lack the intelligence / understanding to make up for that missing ability. The amount of times Nsiala plays the ball out wide to Chambers but insists on putting it 5 yards behind him rather than 5 yards in front is infuriating. Just completely kills any momentum.

Cook will definitely improve things but he'll need to bring in 4 or 5 players to play his style & system.
He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:27 - Mar 10 with 1583 viewsIpswichKnight

Gillingham was proa game to far for some and they needed a rest especially against a big physical side. I can see what he’s trying to do we are playing at a high tempo in the oppositions half as much as possible it might take him a few games and a few team changes to get the right players in that can play that way.
He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:30 - Mar 10 with 1568 viewshaynes_toe1

The squad is more than good enough.

That was the case when Lambert was here and it's not fair to suddenly decide it's not because Cook has us with 1 point from 2 games.

What we have to hope, is that Cook can get us playing at least to the sum of our individual abilities. So far, we've not seen anything really from Cook. Its only been a very short time of course so too soon to come to conclusions but the lack of a 'new manager bounce' of any sort of description is frustrating, but hopefully not indicative.
He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:39 - Mar 10 with 1531 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lots of negativity after a promising performance and a good result in the context of this season.

Get behind the team.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 10:06 - Mar 10 with 1440 viewssouthnorfolkblue

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:39 - Mar 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lots of negativity after a promising performance and a good result in the context of this season.

Get behind the team.

Totally agree with you about getting behind the team, but I didn’t personally see a great deal of promise last night. I have faith that Cook will turn us around but I reckon it will be with a very different looking squad starting next season

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Login to get fewer ads

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 10:14 - Mar 10 with 1418 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 10:06 - Mar 10 by southnorfolkblue

Totally agree with you about getting behind the team, but I didn’t personally see a great deal of promise last night. I have faith that Cook will turn us around but I reckon it will be with a very different looking squad starting next season

Lincoln are very well drilled and have an excellent away record.

Nothing was going to change over night.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 12:41 - Mar 10 with 1308 viewsBlueBadger

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:30 - Mar 10 by haynes_toe1

The squad is more than good enough.

That was the case when Lambert was here and it's not fair to suddenly decide it's not because Cook has us with 1 point from 2 games.

What we have to hope, is that Cook can get us playing at least to the sum of our individual abilities. So far, we've not seen anything really from Cook. Its only been a very short time of course so too soon to come to conclusions but the lack of a 'new manager bounce' of any sort of description is frustrating, but hopefully not indicative.

I think what people are forgetting is that the players have had years of Lambert 'coaching' ineffective systems into them and Cook has had, at best 3 training sessions with this group of players to implement his ideas.

Plus, some of them ARE, genuinely, at heart, a bit crap/third division standard, tops.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 12:44 - Mar 10 with 1293 viewsCoastalblue

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 12:41 - Mar 10 by BlueBadger

I think what people are forgetting is that the players have had years of Lambert 'coaching' ineffective systems into them and Cook has had, at best 3 training sessions with this group of players to implement his ideas.

Plus, some of them ARE, genuinely, at heart, a bit crap/third division standard, tops.

Hang on a minute, I'm confused now.

Either Lambert coached crap sysems into them, or Lambert never coached them?

He was an unmitigated disaster for sure but he does seem to have done whatever suits the current argument.

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 13:31 - Mar 10 with 1194 viewsJon_456

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 12:44 - Mar 10 by Coastalblue

Hang on a minute, I'm confused now.

Either Lambert coached crap sysems into them, or Lambert never coached them?

He was an unmitigated disaster for sure but he does seem to have done whatever suits the current argument.

I think the two go together.

When people say Lambert has coached it out of them, its more a case of that he obviously did little coaching at all which has resulted in their declining ability / game plan.

I dont remember ever watching a Lambert game and seeing a clear plan of what we're trying to achieve like what we saw from Lincoln last night. Under PL it was very much chuck your best 11 out and hope they're better than the opp.
He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 14:10 - Mar 10 with 1148 viewshaynes_toe1

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 12:41 - Mar 10 by BlueBadger

I agree, but normally a new manager tends to come into a club when things are going badly and you'd have to say on the majority of occasions you tend to get some obvious notable changes / improvement (which often doesn't last, but not the point here).

There's been nothing to suggest Cook is really doing anything different to Lambert at this stage. I presume it's not the case as I think he's quite a good manager.
He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 22:21 - Mar 10 with 975 viewsKeaneish

Are you arguing Bennetts and Nsiala are good enough and reliable enough to get us out of this division? I started the thread on Nsiala and Bennetts because they cause is more problems than they’re worth. It’s mot a knee jerk reaction, it’s an assessment after watching a lot of concurrent games.

You seem to be insinuating the threads are without substance.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 22:34 - Mar 10 with 937 viewsBlueschev

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:25 - Mar 10 by Jon_456

Cook is right about creating partnerships within the team.

Watching the last few games, we have too many players that just aren't very good with the ball and lack the intelligence / understanding to make up for that missing ability. The amount of times Nsiala plays the ball out wide to Chambers but insists on putting it 5 yards behind him rather than 5 yards in front is infuriating. Just completely kills any momentum.

Cook will definitely improve things but he'll need to bring in 4 or 5 players to play his style & system.

Agreed. We look like a bunch of players who have never played together. That’s why we’re good in short spells but never dominate games. Cook is spot on about partnerships, there are none. Having a huge squad rather than a core of first team players no doubt contributes to that. Every game there are passes that don’t quite come off because the players don’t have that basic understanding of each other’s strengths. If Cook can get them to gel quickly we have the quality to make the top 6, but it’s difficult to impose that with 2 games a week.
He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 09:02 - Mar 11 with 729 viewsfrankiecarbone

He's cr4p, a consolidation thread on 14:10 - Mar 10 by haynes_toe1

I agree, but normally a new manager tends to come into a club when things are going badly and you'd have to say on the majority of occasions you tend to get some obvious notable changes / improvement (which often doesn't last, but not the point here).

There's been nothing to suggest Cook is really doing anything different to Lambert at this stage. I presume it's not the case as I think he's quite a good manager.

Maybe it’s because Lambert was allowed to run this team into the ground for 2.5 years. That’s a lot of incompetence to undo in 3 training sessions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024