Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Wilson quote... 10:33 - Mar 10 with 3629 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

“It’s been really enjoyable so far. Everything’s been really positive, which is good.”

He says manager Cook is a bubbly character on the training field: “He is, yes. He’s different to before, so it’s a welcome change.”

Very telling, but not altogether surprising.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

James Wilson quote... on 10:48 - Mar 10 with 3496 viewshadleighboyblue

Feel really good about PC .

It might be too late for this season , but after an end of season clear out of lightweights , I'm looking forward to a good season next season .

He is a breath of fresh air for players and fans to start enjoying times at ITFC again .
James Wilson quote... on 11:02 - Mar 10 with 3414 viewsghostofescobar

James Wilson quote... on 10:48 - Mar 10 by hadleighboyblue

It might be too late for this season , but after an end of season clear out of lightweights , I'm looking forward to a good season next season .

He is a breath of fresh air for players and fans to start enjoying times at ITFC again .

I may get shot down for this, but I do wonder whether another season in L1 may aid PC's ability to build a decent team. I worry that promotion would see us struggle terribly and not allow PC to build up momentum and confidence. Of course, I could be way off and he works miracles in the Championship.

GhostOfEscobar

James Wilson quote... on 11:10 - Mar 10 with 3366 viewsJammyDodgerrr

James Wilson quote... on 11:02 - Mar 10 by ghostofescobar

I may get shot down for this, but I do wonder whether another season in L1 may aid PC's ability to build a decent team. I worry that promotion would see us struggle terribly and not allow PC to build up momentum and confidence. Of course, I could be way off and he works miracles in the Championship.

Think the goal is just getting up to help the finances of the club, however it happens. We're going to have a massive clear out this summer, either way.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

James Wilson quote... on 11:20 - Mar 10 with 3315 viewsNthQldITFC

Hard to know isn't it. I think on balance I would rather see us go up, keep the talent we have and maybe struggle next year, then pick up the year after. But the risk of another relegation and a truncated recovery project is real. So the hard-headed strategist might say rebuild another year in the third division, but the emotional football fan might not. Risks both ways, so be brave and go for it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

James Wilson quote... on 11:23 - Mar 10 with 3301 viewsCoastalblue

James Wilson quote... on 11:20 - Mar 10 by NthQldITFC

Hard to know isn't it. I think on balance I would rather see us go up, keep the talent we have and maybe struggle next year, then pick up the year after. But the risk of another relegation and a truncated recovery project is real. So the hard-headed strategist might say rebuild another year in the third division, but the emotional football fan might not. Risks both ways, so be brave and go for it.

Some of it will also depend on who's actually holding the purse strings by the end of the season and what they're willing to do in terms of contracts.

I imagine some players we might like to keep could be persuaded with a decent contract and the chance to be part of an upward project.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

James Wilson quote... on 11:26 - Mar 10 with 3271 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm OK either way.

If we creep up in the play offs that's fine.

But I'd also enjoy going up following a strong season next season.

At the end of the day, it doesnt matter too much how we go up, so long as we do.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

James Wilson quote... on 11:28 - Mar 10 with 3255 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

James Wilson quote... on 11:10 - Mar 10 by JammyDodgerrr

Think the goal is just getting up to help the finances of the club, however it happens. We're going to have a massive clear out this summer, either way.

Would be interesting to see what the difference in profit would be if we go up.

The championship is still a car crash financially. Turnover will go up considerably, but so will wages.

James Wilson quote... on 11:32 - Mar 10 with 3230 viewsRadlett_blue

Almost every player, when questioned, talks positively about their current manager. Not hard to see why - he's their boss.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

James Wilson quote... on 11:33 - Mar 10 with 3221 viewsTangledupin_Blue

James Wilson quote... on 11:26 - Mar 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm OK either way.

If we creep up in the play offs that's fine.

But I'd also enjoy going up following a strong season next season.

At the end of the day, it doesnt matter too much how we go up, so long as we do.

Either way we need a major clear-out in the summer. The big difference will be the quality of players we are likely to attract. We need to bust a gut in attempt at promotion.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 12:58]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

James Wilson quote... on 11:37 - Mar 10 with 3150 viewsfloridaboy

The squad is far far too big. A good clear out will save an awful lot in wages especially if one or two of the big earners move on
James Wilson quote... on 11:55 - Mar 10 with 3070 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

James Wilson quote... on 11:32 - Mar 10 by Radlett_blue

Almost every player, when questioned, talks positively about their current manager. Not hard to see why - he's their boss.

I think you missed the point.

..."ITS A WELCOME CHANGE!".

James Wilson quote... on 13:20 - Mar 10 with 2879 viewsTieDyedIn95

We've been hearing how a season in League One, another season in League One and a further season in League One will be good to build the side/club for a number of years now. The reality is we won't become close to mattering again until we're in the Championship and stable there, three seasons in League One is frankly shameful and while I won't be blaming Cook for that, it's not going to be a good thing for the club. I mean who are we going to attract/recruit that can really make a difference in this league without overpaying, which we know Evans will not do.

We need to go up.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

James Wilson quote... on 13:37 - Mar 10 with 2808 viewsRadlett_blue

James Wilson quote... on 13:20 - Mar 10 by TieDyedIn95

We've been hearing how a season in League One, another season in League One and a further season in League One will be good to build the side/club for a number of years now. The reality is we won't become close to mattering again until we're in the Championship and stable there, three seasons in League One is frankly shameful and while I won't be blaming Cook for that, it's not going to be a good thing for the club. I mean who are we going to attract/recruit that can really make a difference in this league without overpaying, which we know Evans will not do.

We need to go up.

I've never bought into the "rebuild & return stronger" idea. A club the size of Town - like Sunderland & Portsmouth - is under continual pressure to get promoted out of this division & I don't think most of us would accept a couple of mid table seasons while we "rebuild". Our better players would get picked off even by Championship sides, making the "rebuild" even harder.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

James Wilson quote... on 13:42 - Mar 10 with 2782 viewslongtimefan

James Wilson quote... on 11:32 - Mar 10 by Radlett_blue

Yep. It’s not like they said any different when Lambert replaced Hurst.
James Wilson quote... on 21:50 - Mar 10 with 2485 viewsPositivelyPortman

James Wilson quote... on 11:20 - Mar 10 by NthQldITFC

“Keep the talent we have”?

Who’s that then?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

James Wilson quote... on 21:54 - Mar 10 with 2470 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Sixth place is ours for the taking, especially with the run in we have left.

Once in the play offs we will have as good a chance as anyone else.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

James Wilson quote... on 22:03 - Mar 10 with 2429 viewsistanblue

True, but don't forget these were the same players that were saying they were ''fully behind the manager'' when Lambert was here.
James Wilson quote... on 11:21 - Mar 11 with 1980 viewsSparky85

James Wilson quote... on 13:37 - Mar 10 by Radlett_blue

I've never bought into the "rebuild & return stronger" idea. A club the size of Town - like Sunderland & Portsmouth - is under continual pressure to get promoted out of this division & I don't think most of us would accept a couple of mid table seasons while we "rebuild". Our better players would get picked off even by Championship sides, making the "rebuild" even harder.

Slightly and respectfully disagree as I do believe there is merit in the rebuild and return statement, but only if it is done properly.

The fact is we have not rebuilt. we still have far too many players and all we have done is add to it. The rebuild works if you take the opportunity once down to clear the excess and then rebuild, which we never did.

Whether promoted or not, this summer is the time to do it with the amount of players out of contact. I am very hopeful we can do this as a championship club and with a takeover having been completed. Ever the optimist...
James Wilson quote... on 11:23 - Mar 11 with 1970 viewsBlueWorldOrder

James Wilson quote... on 11:21 - Mar 11 by Sparky85

Slightly and respectfully disagree as I do believe there is merit in the rebuild and return statement, but only if it is done properly.

The fact is we have not rebuilt. we still have far too many players and all we have done is add to it. The rebuild works if you take the opportunity once down to clear the excess and then rebuild, which we never did.

Whether promoted or not, this summer is the time to do it with the amount of players out of contact. I am very hopeful we can do this as a championship club and with a takeover having been completed. Ever the optimist...

If we spend any further seasons int his league we won't get promoted again, unless we get these new owners in. Evans can't turn it around.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024