Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast 13:26 - Mar 10 with 3388 viewsportmanking

Darragh said that he'd spoken to Evans about the sale and tried to get him on his show recently to get across his personality and set the story straight before his departure. Blamed Evans for not being transparent through the years, despite saying he's a "thoroughly nice bloke".
MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:33 - Mar 10 with 3209 viewsWeirdFishes

Do you have a link to the podcast?

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:33 - Mar 10 with 3213 viewsJ2BLUE

What could he possibly tell us to set the story straight? I think we have it pretty nailed down.

We were an investment gamble which would have been mutually beneficial. We welcomed him. It went wrong. Under his leadership we have had one hand tied behind our back because he refused to own his mistake. He's not a bad man or a bad owner. He is just incapable of turning it around. Finally he's owning his mistake and writing off the debt. Once he's gone he should be remembered as a decent man who had a little too much pride and we've all suffered for it. I'd happily shake his hand once this deal goes through. I believe he always tried his best for us but it didn't work out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:34 - Mar 10 with 3166 viewshype313

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:33 - Mar 10 by WeirdFishes

Do you have a link to the podcast?

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8xNzQxY2E1MC9wb2RjYXN

About 20 minutes in

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:36 - Mar 10 with 3119 viewsMuncher

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:33 - Mar 10 by J2BLUE

What could he possibly tell us to set the story straight? I think we have it pretty nailed down.

We were an investment gamble which would have been mutually beneficial. We welcomed him. It went wrong. Under his leadership we have had one hand tied behind our back because he refused to own his mistake. He's not a bad man or a bad owner. He is just incapable of turning it around. Finally he's owning his mistake and writing off the debt. Once he's gone he should be remembered as a decent man who had a little too much pride and we've all suffered for it. I'd happily shake his hand once this deal goes through. I believe he always tried his best for us but it didn't work out.

I think that sums up my feelings fairly well. Ultimately he has put more time and certainly money into the club than all of us.
Yep, that's my view..... on 13:40 - Mar 10 with 3061 viewsBloots

....there's a big difference between wanting him out of the club and wishing him any ill.

You've summed it up well.

Well done.

9/10

Have an uppie.

You should be proud of yourself.

Good work.

Clever boy.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:42 - Mar 10 with 2992 viewsportmanking

I wasn't really suggesting he had to do that. I was more interested by a fellow owner with strong links to ME confirming the sale of the club.
MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:42 - Mar 10 with 2985 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just listened and doesn't add much to what we already know

Seems a lot of it speculation also from his perspective , nothing concrete

Poll: If it were one or the other

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:43 - Mar 10 with 2958 viewsJ2BLUE

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:42 - Mar 10 by portmanking

I wasn't really suggesting he had to do that. I was more interested by a fellow owner with strong links to ME confirming the sale of the club.

Yea sorry that was aimed at MacAnthony (who I actually like to be honest) rather than you.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:44 - Mar 10 with 2944 viewsGeoffSentence

From19:45

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/ep44-darren-moore-marcus-evans-fai-and-mor

Starts talking about Paul Cook definitely getting us promoted this year or next.

Also says 'be careful what you wish for'

I don't think this is really confirmation, he talks as if it is definitely going ahead but doesn't sound like he really knows any more than the rest of us.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:46 - Mar 10 with 2885 viewscatch74

Nail on head.

You did miss the fact he’s made millions from all the losses here though!?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:46 - Mar 10 with 2873 viewsJ2BLUE

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:44 - Mar 10 by GeoffSentence

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/ep44-darren-moore-marcus-evans-fai-and-mor

Starts talking about Paul Cook definitely getting us promoted this year or next.

I don't think this is really confirmation, he talks as if it is definitely going ahead but doesn't sound like he really knows any more than the rest of us.

He says he's spoken to Evans about it.

Also seemed to suggest Evans will get 60-70% of his investment back unless I misheard...which makes me think there's going to be some strong financial backing as the only way he's getting that money back is if we're in the Prem.

Truly impaired.

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:47 - Mar 10 with 2863 viewsMuncher

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:44 - Mar 10 by GeoffSentence

It's no land registry search is it?
MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:48 - Mar 10 with 2850 viewsSomethingBlue

Just to be fair — I didn't hear him say he'd spoken to Evans about the sale. Could have switched off too early tho.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 13:49]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 15:39 - Mar 10 with 2250 viewsBlueBorn86

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 13:48 - Mar 10 by SomethingBlue

Just to be fair — I didn't hear him say he'd spoken to Evans about the sale. Could have switched off too early tho.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 13:49]

No, it was a lot of ‘I imagine’ this and ‘I imagine’ that. He clearly know no more than us but is having his opinion on it and basing it on what he knows of Evans and his other business etc. Not pulling up any trees is it.
MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 16:05 - Mar 10 with 2042 viewsBlueBoots

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 16:15 - Mar 10 with 1954 viewsTieDyedIn95

He's a bad owner from a leadership, planning and even investment perspective. On any standard you could measure Evans he's done a bad job of it. Even the last 3 months have been complete nonsense, between hanging on to Lambert until the point Lambert was in the national media basically blaming Evans, bringing in all those loanees for god knows what reason and then appointing Cook 2 months too late to really make a difference. On top of that we have had the Great Fire of Portman Road. It's been an absolute shtshow.

Being a nice bloke is neither here or there, although I don't know too many bosses that would sack a man while his mother was dying in hospital, and then refused to pay him up what he owed for several years after due to trumped up charges until the courts forced him to do so... remembered as a decent man? Depends what standard of decent you are talking about. I don't think he is, I think he was a chancer who took on a project beyond his ability and intelligence and got caught out massively while doing so to the tune to 100million quid.

Good riddance.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 16:19 - Mar 10 with 1919 viewsborge

Totally this.

I also agree with MacAnthony when he said that by being invisible Evans has done himself a disservice. I assume he was always scared that he'd take a lot of flak, but Town fans are an accepting and patient lot and he would have bought himself far more credits if a couple of years ago he started engaging. It is now past the point of no-return, but I think he could have absolutely avoided that if he just engaged a bit. Sheepy used to walk behind the West stand to the directors box before every game and would stop and have a chat. Rarely did I see him get any hassle and it bought him loads of goodwill. I have only seen Evans do that walk once and that was before many people knew what he looked like so he was pretty much totally anonymous.
MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 16:20 - Mar 10 with 1916 viewsPhilTWTD

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 15:39 - Mar 10 by BlueBorn86

No, it was a lot of ‘I imagine’ this and ‘I imagine’ that. He clearly know no more than us but is having his opinion on it and basing it on what he knows of Evans and his other business etc. Not pulling up any trees is it.

Indeed, just listened and transcribed the relevant bit. A lot of speculation but fair points re ME not engaging directly with fans (and media) while here.

MacAnthony: Selling Town Probably the Right Thing For Evans to Do 10th Mar 2021 16:15
Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony believes it’s “probably the right thing” for Blues owner Marcus Evans to sell the club. 31

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 16:27 - Mar 10 with 1832 viewsfooters

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 16:20 - Mar 10 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, just listened and transcribed the relevant bit. A lot of speculation but fair points re ME not engaging directly with fans (and media) while here.

MacAnthony: Selling Town Probably the Right Thing For Evans to Do 10th Mar 2021 16:15
Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony believes it’s “probably the right thing” for Blues owner Marcus Evans to sell the club. 31

Bit missing from this, Lord Ham?

“I’ve done podcasts with their fans, they’re a really good set of fans and I think if he’d have applied himself better.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 16:39 - Mar 10 with 1735 viewsghostofescobar

Up to the final sentence, I think that's pretty fair. However, on very few levels can I look at the club and say "he always tried his best". I've posted before that I thank him for his money, but he has ruined this club in many ways. If you beat the sh1t out of your dog ever day, you don't get excused for that just because you give money to the RSPCA (rubbish analogy, but it's the best I've got).

GhostOfEscobar

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 16:41 - Mar 10 with 1719 viewsPhilTWTD

MacAnthony confirms takeover on his podcast on 16:27 - Mar 10 by footers

Bit missing from this, Lord Ham?

“I’ve done podcasts with their fans, they’re a really good set of fans and I think if he’d have applied himself better.

I meant to add something to that, he tailed off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024