Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Celebrity Football Fans 13:45 - Mar 10 with 7049 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I always used to laugh at my Palace supporting friend - Ronny Corbett and Eddie Izzard...

Honourable mention for Aston Villa (David Cameron)
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 13:46 - Mar 10 with 4427 viewsIllinoisblue

Tim Lovejoy

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 13:46 - Mar 10 with 4431 viewsfooters

Cameron supports two teams. West Villa and Aston Ham.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 13:47 - Mar 10 with 4422 viewsJ2BLUE

Why did you laugh at those two? Ronny Corbett would have been great!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 13:48 - Mar 10 with 4408 viewsKeno

Adolf Hitler supported Borussia Dortmund

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:28 - Mar 10 with 4327 viewsADStephenson

A friend of mine was discussing almost this exact idea the other day and said how Piers Morgan had once (always?) topped the Arsenal worst celebrity fan poll. One place ahead of Osama Bin Laden.

www.adstephenson.com

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:30 - Mar 10 with 4317 viewshype313

Boris supported United yesterday, but today has changed his mind and now supports Liverpool.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:31 - Mar 10 with 4310 viewshype313

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 13:48 - Mar 10 by Keno

Adolf Hitler supported Borussia Dortmund

Big club them, pressure cooker environment.

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:32 - Mar 10 with 4305 viewshype313

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 13:46 - Mar 10 by Illinoisblue

Tim Lovejoy

He's by far the worst as he was a Watford fan that switched to Chelsea upon Abramovich's arrival.

Super human scum.

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:41 - Mar 10 with 4270 viewsSteve_M

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:32 - Mar 10 by hype313

He's by far the worst as he was a Watford fan that switched to Chelsea upon Abramovich's arrival.

Super human scum.

Any mention of Tim Lovejoy should be followed by a re-read of Taylor Parkes' review of his book:

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:42 - Mar 10 with 4258 viewshype313

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:41 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

Any mention of Tim Lovejoy should be followed by a re-read of Taylor Parkes' review of his book:

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

Of course, it's standard.

And what better way to get away from the pouring rain, than sitting down with a cuppa nd reading that masterpiece.

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:46 - Mar 10 with 4233 viewsdavblue

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:32 - Mar 10 by hype313

Super human scum.

i remember him being a fan before the Abramovich takeover when i used to watch Soccer AM.

For all of his faults, he supported them before that.
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:47 - Mar 10 with 4232 viewsRadlett_blue

David Mellor. Was originally a Fulham fan, even writing club programme notes, before switching to Chelsea when they became good.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:48 - Mar 10 with 4228 viewshype313

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:42 - Mar 10 by hype313

Of course, it's standard.

And what better way to get away from the pouring rain, than sitting down with a cuppa nd reading that masterpiece.

A few reviews elsewhere..

"This is the most insightful and self aware autobiography since Don Estelle’s.
Tim is surely a fictional character; a budget Alan Partridge.
He grew up supporting Watford but switched to Chelsea because they were becoming successful and fashionable.
It has 38 photos of Tim Lovejoy.
He has more admiration for anyone rich and famous than Alan Brazil.
His role model is Piers Morgan."

"Read this masterpiece on the recommendation of a particularly mischievous friend. If you want to master the art of vacuous bellendery then this is a must read."

"Tim Lovejoy is a blight on the football world and the very epitome of everything that is bad about the modern day game wrapped up in one handy smug, ignorant and egotistical package. If you like this perhaps you'd like to seek out his DVD with Jamie Redknapp which is far worse than any of those video nasties banned by the Government in the 1980s and roughly equivalent to having malt vinegar poured into your eyes through a funnel."

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:49 - Mar 10 with 4216 viewshype313

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 14:46 - Mar 10 by davblue

i remember him being a fan before the Abramovich takeover when i used to watch Soccer AM.

For all of his faults, he supported them before that.

Might have been pre Abramovich, but he certainly grew up a Watford fan.

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:06 - Mar 10 with 4162 viewsstringy

Palace also have Captain Sensible mind, who penned a ditty to Selhurst Park (Sell Her Spark) on his new Sensible Gray Cells LP which is well worth a listen
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:19 - Mar 10 with 4098 viewsmonty_radio

A good definition of the worst celebrity fan might be Uncle Joe Stalin in his support for Moscow Dynamo.

When the played Arsenal at Highbury in November 1945 in a traditional "pea-souper" fog Dynamo, fearful of a frown from their sponsor, smuggled an extra man onto the pitch. The 3-3 draw was said to be good for international relations. Whether it was as good for the Soviet players' relations is not recorded.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:29 - Mar 10 with 4052 viewsSpruceMoose

Damon Albarn.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:30 - Mar 10 with 4062 viewsPhilTWTD

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:19 - Mar 10 by monty_radio

A good definition of the worst celebrity fan might be Uncle Joe Stalin in his support for Moscow Dynamo.

When the played Arsenal at Highbury in November 1945 in a traditional "pea-souper" fog Dynamo, fearful of a frown from their sponsor, smuggled an extra man onto the pitch. The 3-3 draw was said to be good for international relations. Whether it was as good for the Soviet players' relations is not recorded.

My uncle was at that game, funnily enough. The story about an extra player being sneaked on was apparently made up, by quite a famous journalist if I remember rightly. I read a book about it.
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:37 - Mar 10 with 4036 viewsbluelagos

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:19 - Mar 10 by monty_radio

Real Madrid fan Franco wasn't exactly a nice bloke all things considered.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:54 - Mar 10 with 3986 viewsjontysnut

Prince William and Villa

Tony Blair and Newcastle

At the other end of the scale I was watching Are You Being Served with Arthur English who has been chairman of Aldershot and designed the 'phoenix' club's new badge.
Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:07 - Mar 10 with 3955 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:09 - Mar 10 with 3947 viewsRadlett_blue

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:06 - Mar 10 by stringy

Palace also have Captain Sensible mind, who penned a ditty to Selhurst Park (Sell Her Spark) on his new Sensible Gray Cells LP which is well worth a listen

I was talking to a girl at a party years ago & she claimed the Captain drank in her local pub. I asked her if he was sensible & she replied "Whenever I've seen him, he's been paralytic".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:30 - Mar 10 with 3900 viewsmonty_radio

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 15:30 - Mar 10 by PhilTWTD

My uncle was at that game, funnily enough. The story about an extra player being sneaked on was apparently made up, by quite a famous journalist if I remember rightly. I read a book about it.

Having watched Town v Fulham in one of the last of the smogs it seems to me that anything could have gone on there in such conditions. When this was last mentioned PJH joked that, standing at opposite ends of the ground, between us we might have watched the whole game.

The pictures of the queues for that Dynamo game are quite something.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 16:32]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:49 - Mar 10 with 3854 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Benito Mussolini supported Lazio, no surprise there.

Fulham have the smug Hugh Grant.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:51 - Mar 10 with 3852 viewsPhilTWTD

Worst Celebrity Football Fans on 16:30 - Mar 10 by monty_radio

Having watched Town v Fulham in one of the last of the smogs it seems to me that anything could have gone on there in such conditions. When this was last mentioned PJH joked that, standing at opposite ends of the ground, between us we might have watched the whole game.

The pictures of the queues for that Dynamo game are quite something.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 16:32]

When we played in Moscow in 2001 I went to the Dynamo museum at their ground and bought a badge commemorating their 1945 tour.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024