Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who are we keeping at the end of the season? 09:33 - Mar 11 with 1809 viewsnodge_blue

Players out of contract end of the season:

Chambers, Donacien*, Wilson*, Nsiala*, Ward*, Bishop*, Skuse*, Huws, Nydam*, El Mizouni*, Edwards, Judge*, Jackson*, Sears*, Drinan, Wright, Przybek*, White*, Cotter, Clements*, Andoh*, Gibbs*, Hughes*, Z.Brown*, K.Brown*, Folami*, Morris*

Definitely keep:

Chambers, Wilson, Bishop, El Mizouni, Edwards, Judge, Gibbs, Morris

Possibly keep:

Skuse, Jackson, Nsiala

Get rid:

Donacien, Ward, Huws, Nydam, Sears, Drinan, Wright, Cotter, Folami

The rest I haven't really seen play.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 09:37 - Mar 11 with 1504 viewssaffers12

Get rid of NYDAM!!!

Joking we have great hopes for him as so does the club

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 09:42 - Mar 11 with 1477 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It obviously depends which league we are in, and i assume the ones with stars have contract extensions already?

I'll assume we don't go up.

Keep:
Chambers, Donacien(think he is a useful player at this level and never had a chance), Wilson, Nsiala, Bishop, Skuse(Probably part of it as coach), El Miz, Edwards, Judge. I don't know much about the youngsters but assume we activate the extensions.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 09:44 - Mar 11 with 1448 viewsMetal_Hacker

We've got to keep Nydam surely

Poll: This "TakeOver" and Your Thoughts

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 09:46 - Mar 11 with 1437 viewsBiGDonnie

Possibly keep Skuse? LOL

The only one's I'd keep are Downes, Dozzer, Bish, Lankester, Miz, Dobra, KVY & Woolf.

I love to shag cups.
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 09:49 - Mar 11 with 1425 viewsnodge_blue

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 09:37 - Mar 11 by saffers12

Get rid of NYDAM!!!

Joking we have great hopes for him as so does the club

That is a bit harsh on him. But it would have to be a cheap wage and sack of spuds to take home at the end of each month.

When he came into the team he failed to make much of an impression I thought. Went on loan to Scotland and did nothing. Then got injured.

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 09:50 - Mar 11 with 1407 viewsnodge_blue

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 09:42 - Mar 11 by JammyDodgerrr

It obviously depends which league we are in, and i assume the ones with stars have contract extensions already?

I'll assume we don't go up.

Keep:
Chambers, Donacien(think he is a useful player at this level and never had a chance), Wilson, Nsiala, Bishop, Skuse(Probably part of it as coach), El Miz, Edwards, Judge. I don't know much about the youngsters but assume we activate the extensions.

Ive copied it from the EADT. The ones with stars the club has a one year contract extension option.

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 10:13 - Mar 11 with 1305 viewshomer_123

Cook but let Evans go?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: Evans...

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 10:25 - Mar 11 with 1261 viewsjayessess

Depends on who we can recruit, really.

Which of these individuals has made a compelling case that they're amongst the best we could find for their position for their wages? Bishop, perhaps. Jackson gets a renewal because he evidently has re-sale value.

Beyond that, it's a question of who we're looking at bringing in. I don't think Chambers, Wilson, Edwards or Judge are anywhere near the best in the division in their position, so I don't get why they're automatic renewals for a team looking to get out of it (even more so, if we're trying to stay in the division above). Maybe we look around and we can't realistically get in enough players to replace them at the right price, but utterly unambitious to assume we can't.

This club has more players in their 30s than any other promotion contender. One reason for that is that we never seem to plan how to use our limited resources. We renew players who've done OK, rather than thinking about how the same wages could go towards acquiring players with value for the future.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 11:01 - Mar 11 with 1157 viewsMrTown

Extensions: Nydam, El Miz, Bishop

The rest - clear out.
[Post edited 11 Mar 11:01]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 11:39 - Mar 11 with 1068 viewsbournemouthblue

Can we afford to let Jackson go for free given the money we spent on him?

Surely he's still a saleable asset, we can't afford to let him go for nothing?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: So how likely is it Taylor will need surgery?

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:32 - Mar 11 with 997 viewsnodge_blue

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 11:39 - Mar 11 by bournemouthblue

Can we afford to let Jackson go for free given the money we spent on him?

Surely he's still a saleable asset, we can't afford to let him go for nothing?

The most we can do is extend by a year (unless its a brand new contract).

And then where do we play him if we go with one up front as seems likely.

I agree that it feels we've never seen the best of him or played him in a system that would allow for it.

But I think unless we go with two up front, keeping him for another year won't achieve much.
[Post edited 11 Mar 12:32]

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:38 - Mar 11 with 975 viewsjayessess

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:32 - Mar 11 by nodge_blue

The most we can do is extend by a year (unless its a brand new contract).

And then where do we play him if we go with one up front as seems likely.

I agree that it feels we've never seen the best of him or played him in a system that would allow for it.

But I think unless we go with two up front, keeping him for another year won't achieve much.
[Post edited 11 Mar 12:32]

In that case, renew him and sell him to one of his various suitors is a no-brainer, surely?

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:43 - Mar 11 with 950 viewsKeaneish

I’d keep Skuse and Jackson but other than that and maybe Nydam - bang on for me.

Poll: Do you begrudge Alan Judge wanting to talk to QPR?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:48 - Mar 11 with 940 viewsjayessess

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 11:01 - Mar 11 by MrTown

Extensions: Nydam, El Miz, Bishop

The rest - clear out.
[Post edited 11 Mar 11:01]

Right, so... in terms of players who've played more than 10 league games, the squad looks like this:

GK: Holy, Cornell
RB: KVY
LB: Kenlock
CB: Woolfenden
CM: Nolan, Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam
AM:
LW/RW: Lankester
CF: Norwood, Hawkins

That's just 11 outfield players, 2 of whom haven't played a single minute for us in over a year. That's a huge amount of pressure on recruitment.

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:55 - Mar 11 with 912 viewsnodge_blue

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:38 - Mar 11 by jayessess

In that case, renew him and sell him to one of his various suitors is a no-brainer, surely?

Maybe yes. Though to extend him and then to make him available at the same time would be a bit odd.

I think if we extend it should be with a view to fitting him in the side and giving him a chance.

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:58 - Mar 11 with 901 viewsjayessess

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:55 - Mar 11 by nodge_blue

Maybe yes. Though to extend him and then to make him available at the same time would be a bit odd.

I think if we extend it should be with a view to fitting him in the side and giving him a chance.

Odder to let an asset that has value walk out on a free, surely?

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 14:31 - Mar 11 with 787 viewsEl_Fenix

We can't keep Edwards unless he agrees to stay. I suspect that he will choose to leave.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 14:45 - Mar 11 with 762 viewsBLUEBEAT

Hasn’t Donacien been doing really well out on loan? MOTM etc?

Weirdo Lambert not picking him out of spite to the detriment of the team?

Maybe PC will give him a go...

Poll: Are we going to win today?

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 14:51 - Mar 11 with 749 viewsBeckets

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 14:45 - Mar 11 by BLUEBEAT

Hasn’t Donacien been doing really well out on loan? MOTM etc?

Weirdo Lambert not picking him out of spite to the detriment of the team?

Maybe PC will give him a go...

He's been on the subs bench at Fleetwood for the last month or so until the last game when he appears to have played on the right hand side of a midfield 5! I can't see him getting an extension here.

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 14:59 - Mar 11 with 731 viewsRadlett_blue

Get rid - Chambers, Skuse, Nsiala, Huws, Ward, Sears, Drinan, Cotter, Wright.
Trigger extensions for Bishop & Jackson; sell the latter if he's only going to be a back up player. He should have been sold for £1m+ last summer.
Edwards is frustratingly inconsistent. He may have better offers from other clubs.
Judge - give another year.
Wilson - another year as back up.
Donacien - trigger his extension if Cook thinks he's good enough.
Keep Nydam if it look like he might be fit. Same for Morris. Hard to have an opinion on him or Folami plus most of the other young players. Could be worth keeping them if they're going to be used as back up in a much smaller Town squad next season.
[Post edited 11 Mar 15:03]
Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 15:05 - Mar 11 with 708 viewsMrTown

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:48 - Mar 11 by jayessess

Right, so... in terms of players who've played more than 10 league games, the squad looks like this:

AM:

That's just 11 outfield players, 2 of whom haven't played a single minute for us in over a year. That's a huge amount of pressure on recruitment.

The more of this crop you can move on the better - this is the worst ITFC side in our history, and we have a top manager at this level. Rip it up and give him a blank slate to do what he needs to do.

What do you mean pressure on recruitment, that is their job?
[Post edited 11 Mar 15:06]

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 15:08 - Mar 11 with 696 viewsSpruceMoose

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 15:05 - Mar 11 by MrTown

The more of this crop you can move on the better - this is the worst ITFC side in our history, and we have a top manager at this level. Rip it up and give him a blank slate to do what he needs to do.

What do you mean pressure on recruitment, that is their job?
[Post edited 11 Mar 15:06]

Ah. The Paul Hurst approach!

Pronouns: He/Him/His
Poll: Selectamod

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 15:08 - Mar 11 with 698 viewsRadlett_blue

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 12:48 - Mar 11 by jayessess

AM:

Isn't that what a new manager would prefer? A chance to recruit players he rates & can fit into the system he wants to play. I'm sure cook will have had discussions with Evans about budgets before agreeing to come. The squad needs to be much smaller next season, with the young players as back up.
Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 15:10 - Mar 11 with 690 viewsMrTown

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 15:08 - Mar 11 by SpruceMoose

Ah. The Paul Hurst approach!

The Paul Hurst approach with Paul Cook, there is your big difference.

Now back onto the other side, this is football thread, what have I told you.

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 15:11 - Mar 11 with 685 viewsMrTown

Who are we keeping at the end of the season? on 15:08 - Mar 11 by Radlett_blue

Isn't that what a new manager would prefer? A chance to recruit players he rates & can fit into the system he wants to play. I'm sure cook will have had discussions with Evans about budgets before agreeing to come. The squad needs to be much smaller next season, with the young players as back up.

I don't think Cook has ever been a mass rotator. Seemingly has a settled group of 16 or so first team players that he can trust.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021