Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Index into Admin 22:29 - Mar 11 with 3351 viewsElderGrizzly

Football Index into Admin on 22:41 - Mar 11 with 2692 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When the fun stops...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Football Index into Admin on 22:50 - Mar 11 with 2660 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This is an interesting warning;

https://caanberry.com/is-football-index-a-ponzi-scheme/

I wonder if Talksport still partner with them?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Football Index into Admin on 23:00 - Mar 11 with 2628 viewsJ2BLUE

I take no pleasure in being right about this. The stories of people losing big are sickening.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Football Index into Admin on 23:02 - Mar 11 with 2597 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Football Index into Admin on 23:00 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

I take no pleasure in being right about this. The stories of people losing big are sickening.

There seem to have been quite a lot of warnings to get out over the past few months.

Did seem like an odd model that was open to manipulation.

Anyone betting should always be prepared to lose their stake. ...main issue is the way this was dressed up to pretend it wasn't betting.

Do you know whether they still featured on Talksport regularly?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 23:03]

Football Index into Admin on 23:05 - Mar 11 with 2579 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Index into Admin on 23:02 - Mar 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

There seem to have been quite a lot of warnings to get out over the past few months.

Did seem like an odd model that was open to manipulation.

Anyone betting should always be prepared to lose their stake. ...main issue is the way this was dressed up to pretend it wasn't betting.

Do you know whether they still featured on Talksport regularly?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 23:03]

Few months? I was posting on here about it at least a couple of years ago. Couldn't get my head around the concept. Imaginary shares given value only by 'dividends' which needed a bigger mug to pay more for them tomorrow.

I briefly changed my mind but that nagging doubt got me out again thankfully.

Truly impaired.

Football Index into Admin on 23:11 - Mar 11 with 2527 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Football Index into Admin on 23:05 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

Few months? I was posting on here about it at least a couple of years ago. Couldn't get my head around the concept. Imaginary shares given value only by 'dividends' which needed a bigger mug to pay more for them tomorrow.

Totally agree, it never seemed right to me.

But I didn't partake, so thought maybe I was missing something. Clearly not.

Football Index into Admin on 23:14 - Mar 11 with 2508 viewsBlueBadger

Sadly, it's as upsetting as it was wholly predictable.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Football Index into Admin on 23:25 - Mar 11 with 2465 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Index into Admin on 23:14 - Mar 11 by BlueBadger

Sadly, it's as upsetting as it was wholly predictable.

I was suspicious they were in trouble when they started spamming me with risk free £500 offers.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Football Index into Admin on 23:31 - Mar 11 with 2442 viewsBlueBadger

Football Index into Admin on 23:25 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

I was suspicious they were in trouble when they started spamming me with risk free £500 offers.

Football Index by BlueBadger 9 Dec 2020 17:19
Literally nobody could have predicted that this get rich scheme that looked like it was aimed squarely at the gullible would have been a scam.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Football Index into Admin on 23:43 - Mar 11 with 2388 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Index into Admin on 23:31 - Mar 11 by BlueBadger

Football Index by BlueBadger 9 Dec 2020 17:19
Literally nobody could have predicted that this get rich scheme that looked like it was aimed squarely at the gullible would have been a scam.

Be a bit more sympathetic. Even Newton lost a fortune in the South Sea shares.

Edit Apologies to Einstein.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 23:48]

Truly impaired.

Football Index into Admin on 00:18 - Mar 12 with 2317 viewsSwansea_Blue

Football Index into Admin on 22:50 - Mar 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

This is an interesting warning;

https://caanberry.com/is-football-index-a-ponzi-scheme/

I wonder if Talksport still partner with them?

I didn't know anything about it until the reports of major losses recently. That's an excellent summary and given all that was know it's amazing that people threw serious money at it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Football Index into Admin on 00:27 - Mar 12 with 2293 viewswkj

Football Index - thoughts? by Alan_Handsome 25 May 2018 14:31
Is anyone on here involved in FI? I've been doing it seriosuly now for about 8 months and i'm struggling to see a catch? I've ploughed in £9334 and made £2086 profit, not through any 'system' or 'method'....but just by buying players who are presently undervalued (Grealish, Sessegnon, Cairney, Mawson (he's better than swansea), Lascelles, Jota, Neves, Boly etc) and watching them increase with time, as they get closer to teh promised land of the PL, or a transfer. Made some money on some young european talent who are improving all the time (NDombele, Aouar, Pavard etc) just as a result of knowing who to watch out for in europe (mainly as a result of listening to EVERY football podcast going). Grealish for example, bought him for 97p about 6 months ago....he's £1.60 now and rising. The other thing that seems quite easy to get a return on is injured players.....buy them JUST as they are starting to come back from injury and watch them rise (Milik for example, and maybe Mings next).

I've heard people comparing it to a ponzi scheme ha ha, but i can't see that, given that it's regulated.

I just wondered whether anyone else on here was investing in it?

I think with the massively increased advertising/marketting campaign that it'll take off as the World cup comes round.

Thoughts????

It is crazy how enticing it seemed last year with some people claiming to make 'easy money'

I hope dear of Alan Handsome didn't get fleeced.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 0:32]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Football Index into Admin on 00:34 - Mar 12 with 2278 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Football Index into Admin on 00:27 - Mar 12 by wkj

Is anyone on here involved in FI? I've been doing it seriosuly now for about 8 months and i'm struggling to see a catch? I've ploughed in £9334 and made £2086 profit, not through any 'system' or 'method'....but just by buying players who are presently undervalued (Grealish, Sessegnon, Cairney, Mawson (he's better than swansea), Lascelles, Jota, Neves, Boly etc) and watching them increase with time, as they get closer to teh promised land of the PL, or a transfer. Made some money on some young european talent who are improving all the time (NDombele, Aouar, Pavard etc) just as a result of knowing who to watch out for in europe (mainly as a result of listening to EVERY football podcast going). Grealish for example, bought him for 97p about 6 months ago....he's £1.60 now and rising. The other thing that seems quite easy to get a return on is injured players.....buy them JUST as they are starting to come back from injury and watch them rise (Milik for example, and maybe Mings next).

I've heard people comparing it to a ponzi scheme ha ha, but i can't see that, given that it's regulated.

I think with the massively increased advertising/marketting campaign that it'll take off as the World cup comes round.

Thoughts????

It is crazy how enticing it seemed last year with some people claiming to make 'easy money'

If its the guy I'm thinking of, he's an artist and a real account. Really hope he hasn't been burned too badly.
Football Index into Admin on 00:35 - Mar 12 with 2269 viewswkj

Football Index into Admin on 00:34 - Mar 12 by DropCliffsNotBombs

If its the guy I'm thinking of, he's an artist and a real account. Really hope he hasn't been burned too badly.

Aiye, I corrected my assumption, it seemed the internet was being odd for a short 10 minutes.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Football Index into Admin on 06:41 - Mar 12 with 2062 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Football Index into Admin on 23:05 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

I also remember on here about two years ago agreeing with you that it was a ridiculous concept. Would never be something I’d be interested in. At least with live sports betting there’s form and ideas to go on. With this it just seemed they raised and lowered whichever players they wished at any given time.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 18:35]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Football Index into Admin on 07:56 - Mar 12 with 1903 viewsBluefish

Thoughts????

This is exactly how I see J2. Argues both sides of an argument and then later down the line says I told you so

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Football Index into Admin on 08:35 - Mar 12 with 1787 viewsJakeITFC

Thoughts????

I think it’s probably fair to say a lot of people would have made easy money - anybody with half a brain could work out which players were going to go up in value on the site (based on the previous actions of buyers on there, the actual market mechanics made no sense).

The problem was always going to come when the tap of new subscribers/deposits stopped. They’d actually built a way of paying people via dividends that got it slightly away from a non-sensical pyramid type scheme for player ownership (I.e. there was a genuine value in holding a share in a player now) and the reason that this is now in the region of fraud by Football Index is that they gave the impression of rude financial health and continued growth to the punters when they clearly knew this wasn’t the case.

Lots of financial investments/bets/anything else can look stupid or risky from the outside, and it’s very easy for us to say I told you so from the outside but you have to feel for people who have been effectively conned by a company that was giving off a veneer of respectability that simply wasn’t justified.
Football Index into Admin on 10:14 - Mar 12 with 1647 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

I just popped a quick message into some of the Whatsapp groups I'm in in case anyone I know lost out because of this and needed to talk. Fortunately none of them had but two of them know three guys who had lost £160k between them. Two of them have lost their house/family as a result.

Might be worth reaching out to check in with people as many will need someone to talk to.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 10:15]

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Football Index into Admin on 15:13 - Mar 12 with 1452 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Index into Admin on 06:41 - Mar 12 by The_Romford_Blue

I also remember on here about two years ago agreeing with you that it was a ridiculous concept. Would never be something I’d be interested in. At least with live sports betting there’s form and ideas to go on. With this it just seemed they raised and lowered whichever players they wished at any given time.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 18:35]

Arguing with me? As in on the same side or against me? I've always said it was a ponzi scheme. I did have a brief period of going back in but I couldn't help feeling it was one of those that the music would eventually stop and whoever held the shares would be in trouble.

Truly impaired.

Football Index into Admin on 15:15 - Mar 12 with 1436 viewsjeera

Football Index into Admin on 15:13 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

Arguing with me? As in on the same side or against me? I've always said it was a ponzi scheme. I did have a brief period of going back in but I couldn't help feeling it was one of those that the music would eventually stop and whoever held the shares would be in trouble.

I would assume it's a typo for agreeing?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Football Index into Admin on 15:17 - Mar 12 with 1426 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Index into Admin on 07:56 - Mar 12 by Bluefish

This is exactly how I see J2. Argues both sides of an argument and then later down the line says I told you so

Can't see his posts.

People are free to look back over my posts on FI. Apart from a brief period where a mate convinced me it was just a different form of betting i've been very consistent warning against it.

Truly impaired.

Football Index into Admin on 15:18 - Mar 12 with 1418 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Index into Admin on 15:15 - Mar 12 by jeera

I would assume it's a typo for agreeing?

Yea I do think he's agreeing with me!

Truly impaired.

Football Index into Admin on 15:19 - Mar 12 with 1406 viewsmonytowbray

Chuck us some background on your thoughts and the history J2? I've been blind to threads on FI as gambling/investing really doesn't appeal to me and I rarely click.

I did see it advertised a lot in London when it first got traction and wondered if there is anything a middle man won't flog for profit. Then again I was also surprised the dominance of exploitational market forces in that form took so long to get to the already gamble-rich culture of sports.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Football Index into Admin on 15:20 - Mar 12 with 1406 viewsjeera

Football Index into Admin on 15:18 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

Yea I do think he's agreeing with me!

You arguing with me?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Football Index into Admin on 15:25 - Mar 12 with 1382 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Index into Admin on 15:19 - Mar 12 by monytowbray

Chuck us some background on your thoughts and the history J2? I've been blind to threads on FI as gambling/investing really doesn't appeal to me and I rarely click.

I did see it advertised a lot in London when it first got traction and wondered if there is anything a middle man won't flog for profit. Then again I was also surprised the dominance of exploitational market forces in that form took so long to get to the already gamble-rich culture of sports.

I got into this when it launched and some of my extended family went in big time on it. Doing it for a living at one point. I didn't feel comfortable with it and it seemed to rely on people paying you more for fake shares tomorrow than you paid today. I always felt like there would eventually be a peak in the amount of money pumped in and eventually people would collectively realise they are essentially buying nothing.

A mate convinced me it was just like normal betting and the value was in the dividends so I got back in for a short time with five young players. I was still uncomfortable wit it though and lost interest quite quickly. Once I discovered Trading 212, real shares of real companies I completely lost interest.

A mate was in quite deep on shares of Raheem Sterling and there was a big spread between the buy and sell price. FI seemed to constantly be changing deals, offering risk free £500 trades and changing the structure. Similar warning signs to actual bookies who tend to start throwing very good offers out there to try and get cash on board.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024