Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! 08:28 - Mar 12 with 2763 viewstractordownsouth

I'm sure the usual suspects will be furious about this!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:32 - Mar 12 with 2334 viewsHerbivore

Yes, very much looking forward to the defenders of free speech expressing their outrage at this. I'm sure they'll be furious.

For the Tories and their fan boys, it's not about free speech. It's about their 'side' being able to say and do what they want without consequences whilst keeping the other 'side' silent. The trick for them is continually convincing the public that they have to be on one side or the other. With a compliant press they seem to be making a decent fist of it. Probably time to start tooling up for the civil war.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:37 - Mar 12 with 2293 viewstractordownsouth

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:32 - Mar 12 by Herbivore

Yes, very much looking forward to the defenders of free speech expressing their outrage at this. I'm sure they'll be furious.

For the Tories and their fan boys, it's not about free speech. It's about their 'side' being able to say and do what they want without consequences whilst keeping the other 'side' silent. The trick for them is continually convincing the public that they have to be on one side or the other. With a compliant press they seem to be making a decent fist of it. Probably time to start tooling up for the civil war.

For what it's worth I don't even find Kumar funny, but the hypocrisy is ridiculous. Laurence Fox is already on Twitter celebrating, but I'm sure he'll be back shouting about cancel culture and defunding the BBC soon enough.

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:41 - Mar 12 with 2283 viewspointofblue

That’s The Sun’s way of reporting but perhaps it’s actually been cancelled because it’s rubbish or not rating well enough?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:42 - Mar 12 with 2267 viewsHerbivore

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:37 - Mar 12 by tractordownsouth

For what it's worth I don't even find Kumar funny, but the hypocrisy is ridiculous. Laurence Fox is already on Twitter celebrating, but I'm sure he'll be back shouting about cancel culture and defunding the BBC soon enough.

Wait, champion of free speech Laurence Fox is happy about this being cancelled?! I for one am shocked! The thing is with utter tits like Laurence Fox, nobody is actually silencing them. He's very much got a voice, purely through white privilege in his particular case. What he wants isn't to say what he likes - he does that anyway - what he wants is for people not to be allowed to point out inaccuracies in what he's said, or that what he's said is offensive, or that he's just a massive bellend. What these free speech advocates actually want is to suppress criticism, which is the very opposite of free speech.

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:43 - Mar 12 with 2260 viewsHerbivore

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:41 - Mar 12 by pointofblue

That’s The Sun’s way of reporting but perhaps it’s actually been cancelled because it’s rubbish or not rating well enough?

Mrs Brown's Boys is rubbish but that still gets an airing every Christmas.

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:44 - Mar 12 with 2252 viewstractordownsouth

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:42 - Mar 12 by Herbivore

Wait, champion of free speech Laurence Fox is happy about this being cancelled?! I for one am shocked! The thing is with utter tits like Laurence Fox, nobody is actually silencing them. He's very much got a voice, purely through white privilege in his particular case. What he wants isn't to say what he likes - he does that anyway - what he wants is for people not to be allowed to point out inaccuracies in what he's said, or that what he's said is offensive, or that he's just a massive bellend. What these free speech advocates actually want is to suppress criticism, which is the very opposite of free speech.

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:49 - Mar 12 with 2211 views26_Paz

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:43 - Mar 12 by Herbivore

Now this we can all agree on!

The Paz Man

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:54 - Mar 12 with 2198 viewshype313

Wait till GB news starts...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:03 - Mar 12 with 2137 viewsHerbivore

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:54 - Mar 12 by hype313

Surely it won't be able to, given how those kind of voices aren't allowed in the UK? I'm so confused!

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:04 - Mar 12 with 2141 viewsfactual_blue

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:54 - Mar 12 by hype313

Don't need the last two words there.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:06 - Mar 12 with 2126 viewsDarth_Koont

As you say further down, I also don’t find Nish Kumar that funny (or particularly left-wing). So not sure that this is definitely an anti-left move per se. If this had been biting political comedy like Jeremy Hardy would have done then I’d have been bothered more.

I think the BBC is certainly captive to the right/centre-right narrative in a wider sense and I find the political coverage pretty poor. But the question is more whether that’s really just the state of our media in the UK. As the recent Society of Editors’ statement on racism in the press proves, this isn’t really a media class that understands that their world (predominantly white, male, middle-aged and upper-middle class) isn’t the real world.

Pronouns: He/Him

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:10 - Mar 12 with 2089 viewsBarneycurley

Is there such a term as "Woke Wa nker?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:13 - Mar 12 with 2081 viewsfooters

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:10 - Mar 12 by Barneycurley

Only if you're a knuckle-dragging gammon w@nker.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:14 - Mar 12 with 2066 viewsVaughan8

To be fair that programme is a bit sh!t
Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:21 - Mar 12 with 2034 viewsMattinLondon

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:03 - Mar 12 by Herbivore

Surely it won't be able to, given how those kind of voices aren't allowed in the UK? I'm so confused!

It’s to appeal to people who have very real concerns and can’t find their voice anywhere apart from The Sun, Sunday Sun, The Mail, The Mail on Sunday, The Telegraph, The Sunday Telegraph, The Spectator, The Express, The Sunday Express.
Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:23 - Mar 12 with 2012 viewsfooters

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:21 - Mar 12 by MattinLondon

It’s to appeal to people who have very real concerns and can’t find their voice anywhere apart from The Sun, Sunday Sun, The Mail, The Mail on Sunday, The Telegraph, The Sunday Telegraph, The Spectator, The Express, The Sunday Express.

That's all very well and good being represented in the media, but it's this damn remainer Labour government that's been really holding back my freedoms for the last decade.

Damn snowflakes.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:38 - Mar 12 with 1941 viewsDarth_Koont

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:23 - Mar 12 by footers

That's all very well and good being represented in the media, but it's this damn remainer Labour government that's been really holding back my freedoms for the last decade.

Damn snowflakes.

Indeed. The sooner we can get out from under all these left-wingers who’ve been running our politics, media and our economy for the past 4 decades the better.

Time to throw off the yoke of woke and Make England Great Again.

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:39 - Mar 12 with 1938 viewsBlueBadger

Circa when by BlueBadger 12 Mar 2021 9:36
What is it about a community of (mostly)straight white men showing some basic decency towards people even if they're NOT white, straight or male that upsets you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 11:57 - Mar 12 with 1775 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Instead of cancelling shows such as this what the BBC should be doing is finding a more diverse range of people, comedians, presenters etc so that a full range of views cab be discussed.

That's sais the beeb can't do right for doing wrong with both the left and right claiming its bias against them.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 12:14 - Mar 12 with 1726 viewsDarth_Koont

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 11:57 - Mar 12 by BlueandTruesince82

Instead of cancelling shows such as this what the BBC should be doing is finding a more diverse range of people, comedians, presenters etc so that a full range of views cab be discussed.

That's sais the beeb can't do right for doing wrong with both the left and right claiming its bias against them.

Geoff Norcott is being pushed a lot. Technically, he’s a good enough comedian but you need to be coming at society and defending self-interest, small-mindedness and the status quo in that manner.

Beyond him I don’t think there are many who deserve to be there, right? And of course there are a lot of weak centrist and left-wing comedians too. They just don’t combine it with as poor baseline opinions.

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 13:16 - Mar 12 with 1567 viewstractordownsouth

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 12:14 - Mar 12 by Darth_Koont

Geoff Norcott is being pushed a lot. Technically, he’s a good enough comedian but you need to be coming at society and defending self-interest, small-mindedness and the status quo in that manner.

Beyond him I don’t think there are many who deserve to be there, right? And of course there are a lot of weak centrist and left-wing comedians too. They just don’t combine it with as poor baseline opinions.

You forgot Jim Davidson! He's hilarious!

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 13:16 - Mar 12 with 1564 viewsHerbivore

How are you pronouncing 'nker'? Looks foreign to me.

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 13:32 - Mar 12 with 1527 viewsBlueBadger

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 09:04 - Mar 12 by factual_blue

Don't need the last two words there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 13:42 - Mar 12 with 1504 viewsjeera

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:37 - Mar 12 by tractordownsouth

It was a bit too juvenile for me but that's why, when it was on, I would tend to watch something else.

When you look at the types who criticised it, Neil, Fox etc, then you have to conclude the programme wasn't the problem here.

Why on earth is the DG of the BBC looking to close down anything he considers to be 'left'?

Should he be in that job if he's pushing a personal agenda?
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 13:46]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 13:44 - Mar 12 with 1499 viewsjeera

Woke snowflakes and their cancel culture!! on 08:43 - Mar 12 by Herbivore

There was a Mrs Brown's Boys film on the other night.

A fecking film for goodness sake.

How could anyone manage to make a feature length anything of that sh1te?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024