Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' 13:11 - Mar 13 with 3195 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.edp24.co.uk/lifestyle/property/million-pound-new-build-for-sale-in-l

if I had that money, I'd buy a nice Victorian terrace in a cheap bit of london and still have enough left to build my own country mini-mansion.

snobby can't-afford it grumble over.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 13:14 - Mar 13 with 3155 viewsfooters

They'll probably give it away to asylum seekers or something knowing this country.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 13:15 - Mar 13 with 3141 viewsgiant_stow

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 13:14 - Mar 13 by footers

They'll probably give it away to asylum seekers or something knowing this country.

arf.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 13:22 - Mar 13 with 3088 viewsnoggin

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 13:14 - Mar 13 by footers

Get it right, they're illegal immigrants. They all get a free Iphone too.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:27 - Mar 13 with 2902 viewsjeera

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 13:22 - Mar 13 by noggin

Get it right, they're illegal immigrants. They all get a free Iphone too.

Driving lessons...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:28 - Mar 13 with 2897 viewsjeera

That's a lot of space being used up just in order to go upstairs.

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:35 - Mar 13 with 2869 viewsEdwardStone

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:28 - Mar 13 by jeera

That's a lot of space being used up just in order to go upstairs.

Modern design in the upper end of the market is like this

Huge volume of space that achieves nothing

Like living in an aircraft hanger
£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:38 - Mar 13 with 2853 viewsjeera

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:35 - Mar 13 by EdwardStone

Modern design in the upper end of the market is like this

Huge volume of space that achieves nothing

Like living in an aircraft hanger

Agree.

Hey, if I live in an aircraft hanger.

I want a bloody aircraft in it.

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:41 - Mar 13 with 2839 viewsEdwardStone

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:38 - Mar 13 by jeera

Agree.

Hey, if I live in an aircraft hanger.

I want a bloody aircraft in it.

I kind of fancy this one....

Would look a treat in the lounge

https://www.platinumfighters.com/inventory-2/1944-north-american-xp-82-

Pricy, but worth it I feel
Login to get fewer ads

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:44 - Mar 13 with 2826 viewsjeera

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:41 - Mar 13 by EdwardStone

I kind of fancy this one....

Would look a treat in the lounge

https://www.platinumfighters.com/inventory-2/1944-north-american-xp-82-

Pricy, but worth it I feel

Twin-rooms too!

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:50 - Mar 13 with 2805 viewsNthQldITFC

It all started in the garden in the 90s, with bloody decking. 'Imaginative' and 'innovative' creative geniiusesi showed us how clever and avante-garde we could be with 'quirky' and 'thought-provoking' not-at-all-tacky-and-impractical designs. Then the stupid sods started to carry the same 'brilliance' into the design of entire buildings.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:53 - Mar 13 with 2790 viewsEdwardStone

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:50 - Mar 13 by NthQldITFC

It all started in the garden in the 90s, with bloody decking. 'Imaginative' and 'innovative' creative geniiusesi showed us how clever and avante-garde we could be with 'quirky' and 'thought-provoking' not-at-all-tacky-and-impractical designs. Then the stupid sods started to carry the same 'brilliance' into the design of entire buildings.

The last barn conversion I worked on would have easily made 3 separate 3 bed family homes

Instead it made a 3 bed conversion for one family

We super-insulated it, but it still had some impressively high heating bills
£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 15:06 - Mar 13 with 2748 viewsOldsmoker

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:53 - Mar 13 by EdwardStone

The last barn conversion I worked on would have easily made 3 separate 3 bed family homes

That's the problem with high ceilings.
Friend of mine had a thermometer blu-tacked to the pelmet rail that you had to stand on the arm of the sofa to read. It was 70 whereas the temperature at sofa height was 62. It didn't help that they weren't allowed to replace the 8ft high victorian grand windows because it was in a conservation area.
Their heating bills were high too.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 15:09 - Mar 13 with 2735 viewsjeera

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 15:06 - Mar 13 by Oldsmoker

That's the problem with high ceilings.
Friend of mine had a thermometer blu-tacked to the pelmet rail that you had to stand on the arm of the sofa to read. It was 70 whereas the temperature at sofa height was 62. It didn't help that they weren't allowed to replace the 8ft high victorian grand windows because it was in a conservation area.
Their heating bills were high too.

So some kind of stilts would have been useful?

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 15:11 - Mar 13 with 2722 viewsOldsmoker

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 15:09 - Mar 13 by jeera

So some kind of stilts would have been useful?

When they moved in, they erected scaffolding inside the rooms in order to paint the ceilings.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

£1.8m? on 15:56 - Mar 13 with 2630 viewsfactual_blue

Don't want to trade down, but thanks for the link.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 16:54 - Mar 13 with 2515 viewsRyorry

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:53 - Mar 13 by EdwardStone

And the one in the OP is hideous inside imho - wouldn't live there if they paid me to. Add the idiocy of an indoor *pond* - when they could have had a swimming pool!

Every time a barn conversion with double height rooms is shown on 'Escape To the Country', I'm yelling at the TV - "but what about the heating bills ..?!"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 18:27 - Mar 13 with 2378 viewsJ2BLUE

If I had £10m and that was £800k I still wouldn't want it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 18:35 - Mar 13 with 2357 viewsBluespeed225

Spent all the money on the build so had to furnish it from the Argos catalogue.
£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 22:29 - Mar 14 with 2157 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 22:57 - Mar 14 with 2135 viewsEireannach_gorm

At least it got built.

https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/lifestyle/property/a29424781/grand-designs-lig
£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 11:45 - Mar 15 with 2012 viewsgiant_stow

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 22:57 - Mar 14 by Eireannach_gorm

At least it got built.

https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/lifestyle/property/a29424781/grand-designs-lig

Thanks for the link - somehow managed to miss that one.

Poor sods on one hand. On another, maybe a lesson in not being greedy.

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 13:21 - Mar 15 with 1902 viewsRyorry

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 11:45 - Mar 15 by giant_stow

Thanks for the link - somehow managed to miss that one.

Poor sods on one hand. On another, maybe a lesson in not being greedy.

When Kevin himself advises people against a project - and this monster is going to be built on the edge of a crumbling clifftop ... and another perfectly good house is going to be demolished to make way for it ... and the couple needed to borrow millions to do it - how on earth did it ever get planning permission?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 13:23 - Mar 15 with 1901 viewsgiant_stow

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 13:21 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

When Kevin himself advises people against a project - and this monster is going to be built on the edge of a crumbling clifftop ... and another perfectly good house is going to be demolished to make way for it ... and the couple needed to borrow millions to do it - how on earth did it ever get planning permission?

got to wonder innit.

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 14:48 - Mar 15 with 1845 viewsWeWereZombies

£1.8m to live in someone's poor taste 'grand design' on 22:57 - Mar 14 by Eireannach_gorm

At least it got built.

The typo under the last photo 'For Edward, there is sill hope for the lighthouse' as you see the building perched on what looks like the piece of ground most likely to become the next landslip made me smile.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024