Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook 19:34 - Mar 13 with 1803 viewsBluedanW

The team aren't giving away many stupid free kicks, especially in dangerous areas. That's one of the reasons we held out relatively easy in the end. I know there was no Norwood who is a serial offender of this issue.
One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 19:36 - Mar 13 with 1775 viewschrismakin

Dozzel. Toto. Kenlock. All guilty historically.
It also helps having players working with you. You dont feel the need to foul as you have help

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 19:45 - Mar 13 with 1710 viewssaffers12

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 19:36 - Mar 13 by chrismakin

Dozzel. Toto. Kenlock. All guilty historically.
It also helps having players working with you. You dont feel the need to foul as you have help

Agree, hope this continues , as was killing us in games
One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 19:47 - Mar 13 with 1697 viewschrismakin

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 19:45 - Mar 13 by saffers12

Agree, hope this continues , as was killing us in games

It also helps when officials like the one today understands football is a contact sport. I felt he was brilliant today didnt favour either side and really kept things going as much as possible

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 20:00 - Mar 13 with 1632 viewsZXBlue

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 19:47 - Mar 13 by chrismakin

It also helps when officials like the one today understands football is a contact sport. I felt he was brilliant today didnt favour either side and really kept things going as much as possible

One wonders whether Lambert has been giving instructions like "If you dont put the challenge in and show some bottle, you are out next game".
One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 22:00 - Mar 13 with 1383 viewsScuzzer

Not a single yellow card today. Good refereeing today.

Established 1968

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 22:54 - Mar 13 with 1291 viewsArnieM

Another serial offender is Dozzell...... maybe play him further up the park , he’s less likely to want to try and “ defend” and 100% give away a free kick !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 23:03 - Mar 13 with 1267 viewsBlueBadger

Almost as if they're actually being 'coached' now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 23:13 - Mar 13 with 1236 viewsBluedanW

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 23:03 - Mar 13 by BlueBadger

Almost as if they're actually being 'coached' now.

Giving away loads of free kicks meant you had passion according to Lambert. He bigged up Flynn Downes after he was sent off against Northampton. Pretty much the same for Bishop, however he didn't feel the same way for Jackson who I felt was unlucky with his sending off.
Login to get fewer ads

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 23:21 - Mar 13 with 1210 viewsEdmundo

Noticed that too. So frustrating seeing us loosening pressure on a team by giving away a free kick in the final third, but equally important not to give teams the chance to use set pieces to create chances at our end. Looks like the team trust each other a lot more already under PC, and that can only be a good thing.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 23:29 - Mar 13 with 1194 viewspatrickswell

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 23:13 - Mar 13 by BluedanW

Giving away loads of free kicks meant you had passion according to Lambert. He bigged up Flynn Downes after he was sent off against Northampton. Pretty much the same for Bishop, however he didn't feel the same way for Jackson who I felt was unlucky with his sending off.

I think he was angry with Jackson for getting sent off so early in the game, though.
One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 01:19 - Mar 14 with 1084 viewsBlueBadger

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 23:29 - Mar 13 by patrickswell

I think he was angry with Jackson for getting sent off so early in the game, though.

He didn't really give a toss until Jackson said he was a sh1t coach on Twitter.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One observation from Ipswich under Paul Cook on 09:58 - Mar 14 with 776 viewsIpswichKnight

I noticed that too, we are hard to breakdown at the best of times let’s make it even harder by not giving teams opportunities from soft free kicks.

Again I thought we had a good ref yesterday no nonsense just let the game flow and blew for the correct decisions for both teams. That’s 2 good refs we’ve had no in him and Bobby Madly at Accrington.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024