Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas 23:47 - Mar 13 with 2001 viewsradiogaga

Still playing, in the SPL for Livingston. Scored a cheeky one today, worth seeing.

Always felt that JET had an enormous amount of talent and has not come close to fulfilling the potential he had. I remember Wenger talking highly of him a year or so before he ended up with us.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 00:00 - Mar 14 with 1962 viewsBlueBadger

JET has possibly the worst talent to application ratio of any footballer I've ever personally witnessed play.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 00:22 - Mar 14 with 1929 viewsWeWereZombies

As the commentator said, it was a very good touch down, turn and pinpoint shot home for one of the goals of the season. Such a shame that shortly afterwards he allowed himself to get robbed at the start of the move that led to Hamilton's equaliser.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 00:23 - Mar 15 with 1522 viewsWeWereZombies

At the start of these highlights:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56394461

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 00:29 - Mar 15 with 1511 viewsEireannach_gorm

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 00:00 - Mar 14 by BlueBadger

JET has possibly the worst talent to application ratio of any footballer I've ever personally witnessed play.

Balotelli is only trotting after him!
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 00:46 - Mar 15 with 1492 viewsbournemouthblue

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 00:00 - Mar 14 by BlueBadger

He has the physique, he has the natural ability and talent, it's truly staggering how poor his career has been

Looking back, he did actually have a reasonably good return at Brizzle but that's about it
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 0:50]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 08:43 - Mar 15 with 1297 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 00:23 - Mar 15 by WeWereZombies

At the start of these highlights:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56394461

Put on a few pounds as well by the looks of it

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 09:04 - Mar 15 with 1272 viewsSuperblue95

Wonder if he still smacks the woodwork from about 45 yards most weeks

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 09:06 - Mar 15 with 1268 viewsChurchman

I think talent wise he had all the ingredients of a top footballer. But it isn’t just about ability. If you look at somebody like Beckham or at a lower level Mick Stockwell, they extracted every ounce of ability they had in their careers. 100%. Unlike them, will Emmanuel-Thomas be able to look back and say that? Shame, because he had a lot of talent. Nice lad too, from what I’ve heard.
Login to get fewer ads

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 09:09 - Mar 15 with 1254 viewsbournemouthblue

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 09:04 - Mar 15 by Superblue95

Wonder if he still smacks the woodwork from about 45 yards most weeks

He went through the season of smashing the woodwork about 7 or 8 times from some outrageous long range shots and it really wouldn't be a exaggeration to say this was the case

That's the amazing thing with JET, he had superb, technique, a great touch and close control and a stinging left boot

Hopefully the SPL gives him one last crack at making it

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 09:10 - Mar 15 with 1246 viewshype313

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 09:06 - Mar 15 by Churchman

I think talent wise he had all the ingredients of a top footballer. But it isn’t just about ability. If you look at somebody like Beckham or at a lower level Mick Stockwell, they extracted every ounce of ability they had in their careers. 100%. Unlike them, will Emmanuel-Thomas be able to look back and say that? Shame, because he had a lot of talent. Nice lad too, from what I’ve heard.

He's a classic example of someone who had all the ability but not the desire, just goes to show how much work lesser talented players like the one's you mentioned had to go through.

I met him once, as you say, lovely guy and probably earned a decent sum out of the game, even though he didn't reach anywhere near his peak.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 10:31 - Mar 15 with 1167 viewsbournemouthblue

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 09:06 - Mar 15 by Churchman

Shefki Kuqi being another obvious example

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on 10:38 - Mar 15 with 1152 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Incredibly talented player. I wonder if Celtic might take a punt on him.

Will always remember the first half of a game at Watford (we lost as we used to do against them) and he absolutely terrorised them, although on the day not sure there was an end product. I was sitting in the directors box and the Watford people were raving about him at half time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024