Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anything worse... 05:44 - Mar 14 with 890 viewsSpruceMoose

... than the reviews under recipes online?

Cod and Chips.

"My husband is allergic to fish and doesn't like potatoes so I swapped the cod for spam and the potatoes for super noodles. Tasted disgusting. I have no idea why you would suggest this recipe BBC!!!"

1 star!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is there anything worse... on 09:11 - Mar 14 with 751 viewsfactual_blue

I think that's an attempt to satirise the sorts of reviews that Olivias and Jocastas leave, which tend to be along the lines of 'I substituted the chick peas for some left over battenberg, doubled up on the spices and put in four 400g tins of chopped tomatoes instead of the one 200g tin in the recipe. I did this because I'm such a talented domestic goddess and want everybody to know. Got to dash - the nanny's just got back collecting Tarquin from his interpretive dance play school'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is there anything worse... on 09:18 - Mar 14 with 735 viewsWeWereZombies

Is there anything worse... on 09:11 - Mar 14 by factual_blue

I think that's an attempt to satirise the sorts of reviews that Olivias and Jocastas leave, which tend to be along the lines of 'I substituted the chick peas for some left over battenberg, doubled up on the spices and put in four 400g tins of chopped tomatoes instead of the one 200g tin in the recipe. I did this because I'm such a talented domestic goddess and want everybody to know. Got to dash - the nanny's just got back collecting Tarquin from his interpretive dance play school'.

I find that unacceptable as a satirical review of an attempt to satirise those sort of reviews. there is never 'left over' Battenberg. It is always savoured and consumed in full, any left unconsumed is done so intentionally so that it can be carefully repackaged and placed in dry containers in a cool place as part of a disciplined and prudent strategy to ensure future supply and pleasurable consumption of the King of cakes.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 9:19]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Is there anything worse... on 09:20 - Mar 14 with 729 viewsfactual_blue

Is there anything worse... on 09:18 - Mar 14 by WeWereZombies

I find that unacceptable as a satirical review of an attempt to satirise those sort of reviews. there is never 'left over' Battenberg. It is always savoured and consumed in full, any left unconsumed is done so intentionally so that it can be carefully repackaged and placed in dry containers in a cool place as part of a disciplined and prudent strategy to ensure future supply and pleasurable consumption of the King of cakes.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 9:19]

For people of taste and decency, there is never battenberg purchased in the first place.

Is there anything worse... on 09:21 - Mar 14 with 727 viewsWeWereZombies

Is there anything worse... on 09:20 - Mar 14 by factual_blue

For people of taste and decency, there is never battenberg purchased in the first place.

You spelt 'people who have no taste and decency' wrong.

Is there anything worse... on 09:25 - Mar 14 with 720 viewsfactual_blue

Is there anything worse... on 09:21 - Mar 14 by WeWereZombies

You spelt 'people who have no taste and decency' wrong.

As it's Sunday, I shall pray for your soul.

Is there anything worse... on 09:31 - Mar 14 with 704 viewsWeWereZombies

Is there anything worse... on 09:25 - Mar 14 by factual_blue

As it's Sunday, I shall pray for your soul.

You do that, pray for my soul. Which is an immaterial equivalent of a slab of Battenberg.

Is there anything worse... on 11:35 - Mar 14 with 617 viewsLesta_Tractor

"made this but substituted x, y and z and cooked it differently. Rubbish recipe"

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Is there anything worse... on 11:39 - Mar 14 with 613 viewsGavTWTD

Is there anything worse... on 09:20 - Mar 14 by factual_blue

I think battenburg might be ok in a trifle. Soaked with sherry. Maybe you could make Stollen from the marzipan.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Is there anything worse... on 13:12 - Mar 14 with 569 viewsfactual_blue

Is there anything worse... on 11:39 - Mar 14 by GavTWTD

I think battenburg might be ok in a trifle. Soaked with sherry. Maybe you could make Stollen from the marzipan.

You need therapy.

Is there anything worse... on 15:05 - Mar 14 with 499 viewsMeadowlark

Yes. People posting about Norwich on this forum!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024