Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge job for Cook here 10:28 - Mar 14 with 974 viewsclive_baker

But how nice is it to see a manager who actually looks privileged to be in the post, rather than a cantankerous bell piece who inexplicably thinks we’re somehow below him and his dire managerial record. ‘Marcus can sack me, nae bother’. T0sser.

Cook is probably the most likeable of ME’s appointments. Doesn’t always = successful of course, but I’m cautiously optimistic for the future.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Huge job for Cook here on 10:35 - Mar 14 with 926 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I’m quick to remember the first month or two of any of our managers have been met with cautious optimism

Keane - remember he was announced formally late at night and the excitement that summer after his first few games was there for all to see

Jewell - again I remember people saying how it was lovely to have a “nice” manager rather than what we had experienced with the above

McCarthy - lovely to actually have a manager lol

Hurst - great to have a change from the norm and look to the future

Lambert - he gets the club and gets the fans

Cook - who knows but either way let’s hope we are to on a good one!!!
Huge job for Cook here on 10:45 - Mar 14 with 879 viewsBasuco

I think it helps that the role of a manager who has control of the team and club is a fast disappearing post. Many clubs are now going down the route of a head coach, who is sometimes given a coaching team he has to work with and new players introduced to the squad by a recruitment team. ME still allows his managers to fully manage Ipswich, rightly or wrongly and Paul Cook appreciates that success or failure will be entirely down to him. (Budget of player recruitment aside) In my opinion anyway.
Huge job for Cook here on 11:55 - Mar 14 with 723 viewsjas0999

Agreed. Fair assessment of the game yesterday as well.
Huge job for Cook here on 12:19 - Mar 14 with 653 viewsMullet

Everyone said the same about MM after a couple of months and the clear evidence he was a proper bloke and could win games.

A few got massive hardons for Hurst regardless of what he said/did etc. I think Cook will be great for us, but he also gets spiky when it's not going well as most people do.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024