Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? 14:03 - Mar 14 with 9804 viewsunstableblue

Outstanding style, shape and energy against Sheff Weds, very impressive and entertaining. Clearly very very well coached.

Let’s hope Cook can finally get us the style and progress we all crave.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 14:09 - Mar 14 with 7563 viewspointofblue

Norwich are heavily reliant on Pukki and Buendia. Take them out and they look a shadow of themselves. That’s not to say they don’t play well when they’re on the pitch.

I still can’t forget the derby under Hurst when we more than matched them - we’d never have guessed the change in direction of travel from that point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 14:19 - Mar 14 with 7482 viewsNthQldITFC

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 14:09 - Mar 14 by pointofblue

Norwich are heavily reliant on Pukki and Buendia. Take them out and they look a shadow of themselves. That’s not to say they don’t play well when they’re on the pitch.

I still can’t forget the derby under Hurst when we more than matched them - we’d never have guessed the change in direction of travel from that point.

That derby was two really poor sides, but they looked worse than us. You could see our possible decline from that point, but how they got where they got to from that point I have no idea, because they looked dyed-in-the-wool awful and third division bound to hat day.

If I remember rightly they had a lot of lucky late goals that season, few injuries, and somehow got promoted, but you have to say that they have done everything right from there. Some will say its just sour grapes, but I genuinely think that they have snaffled all the good luck due to East Anglian football for about the last twenty years - ever since the North Stand was rebuilt!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 14:26 - Mar 14 with 7394 viewshaynes_toe1

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 14:09 - Mar 14 by pointofblue

Any team would be heavily reliant on the two best players in the division, surely?
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 14:38 - Mar 14 with 7296 viewsSamWhiteUK

In 2018/19, we finished bottom and them top. The year prior, both teams finished midtable, with us ABOVE them. Who would have seen what happened happening? Crazy twist of fortunes for both clubs (brought on themselves, obviously)
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 15:06 - Mar 14 with 7085 viewsIllinoisblue

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 14:19 - Mar 14 by NthQldITFC

That derby was two really poor sides, but they looked worse than us. You could see our possible decline from that point, but how they got where they got to from that point I have no idea, because they looked dyed-in-the-wool awful and third division bound to hat day.

If I remember rightly they had a lot of lucky late goals that season, few injuries, and somehow got promoted, but you have to say that they have done everything right from there. Some will say its just sour grapes, but I genuinely think that they have snaffled all the good luck due to East Anglian football for about the last twenty years - ever since the North Stand was rebuilt!

To dismiss their fortunes as mere luck is insane. Good recruitment, a genuinely good pipeline of youth talent, good managerial appointments.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 15:09 - Mar 14 with 7084 viewschrismakin

What is interesting is the recruitment.

Lots of talent from abroad

Did I read right that PUkki was a free signing?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 15:15 - Mar 14 with 7034 viewsGiant_Midget

Sections of their fans wanted Farke sacked, to the point they would lose the derby if it mean he'd go! How fortunes changed for both clubs.
Ah! That derby game was interesting on 15:24 - Mar 14 with 6962 viewsunstableblue

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 14:19 - Mar 14 by NthQldITFC

I remember watching that game when Norwich fans already starting a real downer on Farke, and I saw it differently.

Both teams were overall a little poor that day. We were in the ascendancy for a while, but we were blood and thunder and little guile. They had a spell where they started to ping the ball around the outside of our box and stretch us.

I left the game thinking Norwich had shown signs of better football. Clearly there directors thought the same through the season and stuck with him.

Login to get fewer ads

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 15:25 - Mar 14 with 6950 viewsElephantintheRoom

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 15:06 - Mar 14 by Illinoisblue

To dismiss their fortunes as mere luck is insane. Good recruitment, a genuinely good pipeline of youth talent, good managerial appointments.

Two poor sides? One came top, one came bottom. That kind of suggests one very poor side and one very good side (maybe having an off day).

The answer to the original question is quite simple. Norwich is a football club and is run as such. Ipswich Town are an offshore investment and are run as such -albeit remarkably badly

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 15:32 - Mar 14 with 6899 viewsunstableblue

As stated below we marched them through blood and thunder and getting Walters in the mix; there decent spell showed signs of better play to come. And there directors stuck with Farke.

I’ve just watched the Sheff Weds best two players were McLean and Cantwell. No way a two player team. Some loans.

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 16:09 - Mar 14 with 6678 viewshaynes_toe1

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 15:32 - Mar 14 by unstableblue

As stated below we marched them through blood and thunder and getting Walters in the mix; there decent spell showed signs of better play to come. And there directors stuck with Farke.

I’ve just watched the Sheff Weds best two players were McLean and Cantwell. No way a two player team. Some loans.

Their only loan they don't have the option to buy on is Skipp and I can see why - he could well be in the spurs first team setup from the few games I've watched him in
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 17:15 - Mar 14 with 6111 viewsArnieM

Yip, it’s utterly amazing what a club can do with £500m in 5-6 years isn’t it !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 17:22 - Mar 14 with 6057 viewshaynes_toe1

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 17:15 - Mar 14 by ArnieM

Although they earnt that 500m by getting promoted and then relegated multiple times despite having owners with zero wealth in comparison to ours.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 17:30 - Mar 14 with 5991 viewsGriller

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 17:15 - Mar 14 by ArnieM

Money doesn't always buy you success but success when earned will give you money in today's game. Careful management produced the money that came with success in the case of NCFC.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 17:34 - Mar 14 with 5958 viewsHARRY10

Pat that out as wages and transfer fees,

If parachute payments were the reason, then why haven't Huddersfield, Sunderland, Bolton, Hull etc bounced straight back Why are B'mouth struggling to make the play offs ?

Maybe they had the sense to appoint the right people who then recruited the right manager,coaches scouts who recruited the players. Krul and Pukki for free and the rest for relative peanuts or are academy products.

They might be guilty of many things but to claim their current success owes itself to parachute payments is rather silly.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:03 - Mar 14 with 5792 viewsChurchman

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 15:06 - Mar 14 by Illinoisblue

It’s not luck. Sadly, they are a well run club. Success breeds success. They have great scouting and a proper youth system that can hoover the best young players up from all East Anglia and beyond without serious competition. They are growing and deserve their success.

I still loathe them of course. I just wish we could compete with them again. One day maybe.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:33 - Mar 14 with 5642 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:44 - Mar 14 with 5580 viewspatrickswell

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:03 - Mar 14 by Churchman

It’s not luck. Sadly, they are a well run club. Success breeds success. They have great scouting and a proper youth system that can hoover the best young players up from all East Anglia and beyond without serious competition. They are growing and deserve their success.

I still loathe them of course. I just wish we could compete with them again. One day maybe.

Amid a crowded field of entries, the way they have grown while we stood still and then regressed is one of the greatest indictments of Evans's ownership.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:48 - Mar 14 with 5561 viewshaynes_toe1

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:03 - Mar 14 by Churchman

Football is cyclical. They're not big enough to ever be a regular top 6 Premier League outfit. And anyone outside the top 6 is only ever one bad season from relegation. We will be on par with them at some point its just a question of how soon, or not.
is the correct answer (n/t) on 20:46 - Mar 14 with 5178 viewsunstableblue

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:33 - Mar 14 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 20:52 - Mar 14 with 5148 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is a really easy one to answer.

Farke wasn't a known name in the English game who has won promotion before. Spotting someone like him under the radar requires a broad knowledge and good judgement, not characteristics Evans is known for.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 21:16 - Mar 14 with 5067 viewsChurchman

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 18:48 - Mar 14 by haynes_toe1

Football is cyclical. They're not big enough to ever be a regular top 6 Premier League outfit. And anyone outside the top 6 is only ever one bad season from relegation. We will be on par with them at some point its just a question of how soon, or not.

Why not? Leicester City are top 6. And football isn’t cyclical in the way it used to be. The less you have, the less you get and the less chance you have of progressing, sadly. Particularly with an owner like Evans.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 22:11 - Mar 14 with 4866 viewshaynes_toe1

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 21:16 - Mar 14 by Churchman

Why not? Leicester City are top 6. And football isn’t cyclical in the way it used to be. The less you have, the less you get and the less chance you have of progressing, sadly. Particularly with an owner like Evans.

No, but equally look at Bournemouth. Years in the prem and theres a chance we're in the same league next season.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 22:19 - Mar 14 with 4815 viewsStewart27

Reading through this thread is very sobering.

Town fans agreeing on this forum. About how well run Norwich are.

To think that people are still scared to roll the dice with this takeover.

Evans out.
How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 22:23 - Mar 14 with 4790 viewsChurchman

How come Norwich got Daniel Farke and we got the Marcus Muppet Show? on 22:19 - Mar 14 by Stewart27

Reading through this thread is very sobering.

Town fans agreeing on this forum. About how well run Norwich are.

To think that people are still scared to roll the dice with this takeover.

Evans out.

I’m not. Evans out for me too! There’s nothing to lose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024