Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? 15:11 - Mar 14 with 2162 viewsMeadowlark

Helps you understand why Ipswich were everybody's favourite team back in the day.
Nice football, successful, but not one of the usual suspects from Manchester, Liverpool or London.
Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 15:22 - Mar 14 with 2104 viewsTheBoyBlue

Good to see someone else shaking up the normal order of things.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 15:32 - Mar 14 with 2079 viewsVic

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 15:22 - Mar 14 by TheBoyBlue

Good to see someone else shaking up the normal order of things.

Again!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 15:53 - Mar 14 with 2045 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good to see a 'similar sized' club doing well.

Also pleased to see Iheanacho got a hat trick. Showed some real promise at City.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 15:55 - Mar 14 with 2041 viewsChurchman

Given we were in exactly the same place as them with a marginally better team in 2002 and not too far different when the ‘snow game’ was played about 10 years ago, it’s amazing how far apart they are now in every way imaginable.

Watched today’s game and Sheffield United: oh dear. Desperate. They could easily have lost by 10.
Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 15:55 - Mar 14 with 2036 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 15:59 - Mar 14 with 2021 viewsFtnfwest

Nope
Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 16:01 - Mar 14 with 2007 viewsIllinoisblue

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 15:55 - Mar 14 by BryanPlug

And of course that convenient 3million payment to the EFL to gloss over their bending of financial fair play rules.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 16:02 - Mar 14 with 2006 viewsChrisd

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 15:55 - Mar 14 by BryanPlug

Or a well run club that does thing properly on and off the pitch. Perhaps that might happen here at some point? Sadly, we can only dream at the moment.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 16:03]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 16:12 - Mar 14 with 1956 viewsvapour_trail

Whilst we are on the EPL, I’d be pissed off with Arteta if I’m an arsenal fan.

Dropping aubameyang for disciplinary reasons.

Fine him. Make him do extra work with the kids. Make him do foundation work.

But putting your biggest goal threat on the bench in the middle of a sh1t season, against your local rivals.

Poor.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 19:16 - Mar 14 with 1759 viewslazyblue

Not mine, never liked Leicester as they were a team on par with us for many years.
Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 19:25 - Mar 14 with 1738 viewsVic

Quite phenomenal what they have done. Everyone assumed that them winning the league would be a freak one season wonder but last year they finished 5th and are on course do do better this year.

Sure they have loads of money pumped into them, but so have Derby, Sheffield Weds, and plenty of other prem teams - none of them have done what Leicester have managed to do.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 22:01 - Mar 14 with 1612 viewsGarv

Southampton for me. Fantastic to watch when they get going. I'd argue they're the bravest side in the league on the ball considering what they've got to work with compared to the big boys. And explains why they've been so good going forward but also susceptible to conceding lots of chances and goals too.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 22:16 - Mar 14 with 1589 viewsChurchman

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 19:25 - Mar 14 by Vic

Quite phenomenal what they have done. Everyone assumed that them winning the league would be a freak one season wonder but last year they finished 5th and are on course do do better this year.

Sure they have loads of money pumped into them, but so have Derby, Sheffield Weds, and plenty of other prem teams - none of them have done what Leicester have managed to do.

The Leicester side that deservedly won the Premier League cost £32.5m. In PL terms, especially against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City, that’s peanuts. 8 of their starting 11 cost between nothing and £3.5m. Vardy cost £2m.

They didn’t spent big. They spent wisely and while I don’t know the details, I suspect they still are.
Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 22:18 - Mar 14 with 1585 viewsRadlett_blue

Brendan Rogers. The one that got away. If you believe he would have survived working as the Dark Lord's assistant.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 00:10 - Mar 15 with 1542 viewsBouncebackIpswich

As a Leicester fan, thank you sir. Ipswich have been my second team and it stems back to that wonderful, gutsy, footballing side of the late 90s/ early 00s. Stewart, Magilton, Hraiderson, Counago, Reuser, Kuqi and co. Hope that Leicester are making a similar impact on neutrals now and that this wonderful side will be remembered in years to come
Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 08:47 - Mar 15 with 1376 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 15:55 - Mar 14 by Churchman

Given we were in exactly the same place as them with a marginally better team in 2002 and not too far different when the ‘snow game’ was played about 10 years ago, it’s amazing how far apart they are now in every way imaginable.

Watched today’s game and Sheffield United: oh dear. Desperate. They could easily have lost by 10.

Sacking Wilder is really a mystery, especially when you just put Heckingbottom in charge until the end of the season. They are going to get hammered every week without him.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 09:04 - Mar 15 with 1349 viewshype313

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 16:12 - Mar 14 by vapour_trail

Whilst we are on the EPL, I’d be pissed off with Arteta if I’m an arsenal fan.

Dropping aubameyang for disciplinary reasons.

Fine him. Make him do extra work with the kids. Make him do foundation work.

But putting your biggest goal threat on the bench in the middle of a sh1t season, against your local rivals.

Poor.

Worked out alright though didn't it.

Also, who turns up late for a game against your biggest rivals, outstanding arrogance, especially as his reason was cleaning his car.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 09:14 - Mar 15 with 1335 viewsTheGentlemanViking

I'm really glad to see them up there and challenging for Europe again, I think they invested wisely after their title winning team got picked apart. Rodgers is a great manager and that midfield is something pretty special. Barnes is an exciting player and it's amazing that players like Vardy, Evans, Schmeichel and Albrighton still perform so consistently.
Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 09:18 - Mar 15 with 1328 viewsElephantintheRoom

No not really. They are just an outsider on a good run. It doesn't take much for a 'well-run club' that is muscling in on big boy territory to get derailed. Just look at Newcastle.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 10:16 - Mar 15 with 1283 viewsRadlett_blue

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 08:47 - Mar 15 by JammyDodgerrr

Sacking Wilder is really a mystery, especially when you just put Heckingbottom in charge until the end of the season. They are going to get hammered every week without him.

Wilder has gone partly because he felt he wasn't properly backed in the transfer market e.g. he tried to sign Watkins, but ended up with Brewster & the Blunts still have essentially the same players who got them 2 promotions. They also want to bring in a Director of Football, which he refused.

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 10:21 - Mar 15 with 1274 viewsbournemouthblue

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 16:01 - Mar 14 by Illinoisblue

And of course that convenient 3million payment to the EFL to gloss over their bending of financial fair play rules.

Either way, they have been very well run from a footballing point of view

It didn't start so well for them but gradually they got the hang of it

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 11:09 - Mar 15 with 1233 viewsRadlett_blue

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 10:21 - Mar 15 by bournemouthblue

As well as generally making good choices of managers & cutting their losses on the duds fairly quickly, their owners have consistently done good PR with the supporters e.g. giving them free beer etc. Yes, they did spend money (& breach the rules, like many others who were promoted) but they made sure it was well spent.

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 11:44 - Mar 15 with 1190 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Good luck to them. Must be great for their fans.
Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 12:15 - Mar 15 with 1169 viewsChurchman

Leicester are everyone's favourite PL team aren't they? on 10:21 - Mar 15 by bournemouthblue

I don’t think too many clubs cared a hoot about FFP. Evans only did because it enabled him to save a few pennies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024