Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone explain to me please.... 15:54 - Mar 14 with 991 viewsChrisd

when a player wins the ball first with a fair tackle, but the follow through then catches the player, how are they meant to control that? I just don’t think it is physically possible to simply stop yourself, isn’t that against all the laws of physics? I’m watching Leicester’s Tielmanns rolling about and screaming on the floor, but he’s that injured that he still has the time to look up and see if the referee has booked the Sheffield United player. Modern football will just end up with no tackling.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Can someone explain to me please.... on 16:08 - Mar 14 with 919 viewsMeadowlark

I said exactly the same thing. Tweeted that it wasn't even a foul!!
Commentators saying it was a yellow... idiots.
Can someone explain to me please.... on 16:42 - Mar 14 with 849 viewshaynes_toe1

Its football now.

Unfortunately.
Can someone explain to me please.... on 16:49 - Mar 14 with 831 viewslongtimefan

Haven’t seen that incident but surely the crux of the issue is control. If, as you say, they were not in control of their body then they are potentially going to create a dangerous contact and they are therefore deemed to be at fault.
Can someone explain to me please.... on 16:54 - Mar 14 with 817 viewsChrisd

Can someone explain to me please.... on 16:49 - Mar 14 by longtimefan

Haven’t seen that incident but surely the crux of the issue is control. If, as you say, they were not in control of their body then they are potentially going to create a dangerous contact and they are therefore deemed to be at fault.

Then all sliding tackles should be banned. Feel it’s a real sad state of affairs when players make a perfectly good challenge, but their follow through is the reason for a yellow card.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 17:07]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Can someone explain to me please.... on 17:04 - Mar 14 with 792 viewsDurovigutum

It should be about the context of the challenge. Sliding in, feet up from five yards then taking the ball and player is reckless possibly violent and needs at least a yellow card. Slide in taking the ball and touching the player gently on the way through, fine - get on with it.
Can someone explain to me please.... on 17:07 - Mar 14 with 782 viewsmonty_radio

I think that the notion of a foul, like handball has been greatly altered with the removal of the idea of intent. Sure, in an imperfect world, that can be hard to evaluate in the middle of the tackling range where most disputes occur. But removing the idea and just judging by outcome is no better because accidents and chaotic coming together can happen even though recklessness plays no part.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 20:21]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Can someone explain to me please.... on 21:53 - Mar 14 with 555 viewsGarv

Can someone explain to me please.... on 16:08 - Mar 14 by Meadowlark

I said exactly the same thing. Tweeted that it wasn't even a foul!!
Commentators saying it was a yellow... idiots.

Commentators and pundits not calling out the nonsense of modern football is part of the problem.

Post like this for example, let's all have a good laugh and get some likes on instagram. Why not call it out and actually criticize the action?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMN0JpEq5tN/?igshid=s6dodogpxvce

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024