Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late 23:11 - Mar 14 with 1593 viewstractordownsouth

But with Birmingham and Portsmouth getting rid of their managers today, it seems like he came to his senses just in time. You'd imagine those 2 clubs would've been chasing Paul Cook had they been looking for a new manager. That's not me saying that Evans deserves praise for sacking Lambert in February 2021 (he doesn't) but it could've been a lot, lot worse if we'd missed out on our prefered replacement as well.

As for those jobs, I think if I were a manager I'd take the Pompey gig over Birmingham as it seems far more stable. Danny Cowley should be the standout candidate for both roles so would be surprised if he doesn't end up in one of those jobs. Lee Bowyer and Daniel Stendel are in the frame for Pompey too.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 08:28 - Mar 15 with 1242 viewspatrickswell

Birmingham have replaced us as the Championship’s “Not thriving, but existing” case over the last few years. They’ve never really recovered from the crash they went through when their owners sacked Gary Rowett and replaced him with Gianfranco Zola. Nobody’s been able to reverse their decline and I think they have every chance of going down, it will have been coming.
We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 08:38 - Mar 15 with 1179 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 08:28 - Mar 15 by patrickswell

Birmingham have replaced us as the Championship’s “Not thriving, but existing” case over the last few years. They’ve never really recovered from the crash they went through when their owners sacked Gary Rowett and replaced him with Gianfranco Zola. Nobody’s been able to reverse their decline and I think they have every chance of going down, it will have been coming.

Considering they sold Bellingham for £30m, they've done well to be so sh1te.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 09:36 - Mar 15 with 1020 viewsSteve_M

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 08:28 - Mar 15 by patrickswell

Not forgetting that they let Redknapp spend an absolute fortune either.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:33 - Mar 15 with 913 viewsRyorry

Was Cookie the most popular choice on here to replace Lambert then? I saw only 2 or 3 people mention him as their #1 preference.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:34 - Mar 15 with 906 viewsDanTheMan

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:33 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

Was Cookie the most popular choice on here to replace Lambert then? I saw only 2 or 3 people mention him as their #1 preference.

I wanted Cowleys but I was certainly not unhappy with Cook.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:38 - Mar 15 with 873 viewswkj

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:33 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

Like Dan said, I think that Cowleys and Cook were both pretty much the top two on the wish list, much like Jack Ross and Paul Hurst when we made that awful fug up

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:40 - Mar 15 with 858 viewstractordownsouth

One of my mates at uni is a Birmingham fan and he reckons it'll take them years to get back up.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:42 - Mar 15 with 841 viewsfooters

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:38 - Mar 15 by wkj

Like Dan said, I think that Cowleys and Cook were both pretty much the top two on the wish list, much like Jack Ross and Paul Hurst when we made that awful fug up

Cook was my preference of the two (or is that three?) in the Cook/Cowley debate. There's summat odd about those two, something otherworldy - you mark my words.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:43 - Mar 15 with 830 viewswkj

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:42 - Mar 15 by footers

Cook was my preference of the two (or is that three?) in the Cook/Cowley debate. There's summat odd about those two, something otherworldy - you mark my words.

I wander what Andy McGibson would say about it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:50 - Mar 15 with 802 viewsfooters

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:43 - Mar 15 by wkj

I wander what Andy McGibson would say about it.

“The scariest thing I face? My wife after I’ve forgotten to load the dishwasher,” I would imagine.

We all know the feeling.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 10:53 - Mar 15 with 788 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

We all rightly gave Evans stick for sacking Lambert months too late on 09:36 - Mar 15 by Steve_M

Not forgetting that they let Redknapp spend an absolute fortune either.

You are correct of course; the irony is many wanted and still do, Evans to release similar funds!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024