Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. 17:32 - Mar 15 with 1564 viewsChrisabian

Never mind then.

No more money for Evans' pocket from me.

Good luck, PC.

#EvansOut
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:34 - Mar 15 with 1537 viewschrismakin

Your money doesnt go into any pockets

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:35 - Mar 15 with 1521 viewsJ2BLUE

Yep same here. Meant what I said about Evans not being a bad guy but he NEEDS to sell.

I won't support him staying.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:36 - Mar 15 with 1509 viewsChrisabian

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:34 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

Your money doesnt go into any pockets

Sigh. Evans' ownership then. You know what I mean.
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:40 - Mar 15 with 1467 viewsSuperCoops

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:35 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

Yep same here. Meant what I said about Evans not being a bad guy but he NEEDS to sell.

But before anyone lambasts Evans, do we know the reason for the takeover "stalling"? How does anyone (not saying you have, J2) know it's anything to do with ME?

Maybe news of it broke too soon to get hopes up? Likewise, all the people tweeting the Americans on Twitter and stalking the guy on LinkedIn should have held back until something was signed, sealed and delivered?
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:47 - Mar 15 with 1410 viewsJ2BLUE

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:40 - Mar 15 by SuperCoops

But before anyone lambasts Evans, do we know the reason for the takeover "stalling"? How does anyone (not saying you have, J2) know it's anything to do with ME?

Maybe news of it broke too soon to get hopes up? Likewise, all the people tweeting the Americans on Twitter and stalking the guy on LinkedIn should have held back until something was signed, sealed and delivered?

It might not be anything to do with Evans. Maybe he's as gutted as we are BUT he himself says he constantly gets offers. I will not put money into the club until he leaves or dramatically changes ownership style.

And yes that goes for if we get promoted, if we get glamour FA cup ties, if we get a Wembley trip and everything else.

Truly impaired.

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:54 - Mar 15 with 1374 viewschrismakin

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:47 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

It might not be anything to do with Evans. Maybe he's as gutted as we are BUT he himself says he constantly gets offers. I will not put money into the club until he leaves or dramatically changes ownership style.

And yes that goes for if we get promoted, if we get glamour FA cup ties, if we get a Wembley trip and everything else.

Interesting take really

Evan's could just sell us to an American consortium who pull all their funds out within 6 months and the club folds But youd be happy as Evans wouldnt be owner.

Isnt it just easier and better for the club to ignore who the current owner is and just support the club

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:58 - Mar 15 with 1355 viewsJ2BLUE

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:54 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

Interesting take really

Evan's could just sell us to an American consortium who pull all their funds out within 6 months and the club folds But youd be happy as Evans wouldnt be owner.

Isnt it just easier and better for the club to ignore who the current owner is and just support the club

A common accusation which just isn't correct. I have acknowledged it could be worse and that Evans isn't a bad man. I have, on balance, decided i'd be happy to take the chance with new owners because, and do try and let this sink in, we have been in near constant decline under Evans. The trend line looks like this: * and there's no sign it's going to change in the longer term. Lots of talk to Evans staying but appointing someone to run the club. How many times does Phil need to say he isn't interested in doing that before people believe it?

People are obviously welcome to whatever stance they wish to take on all this but I don't understand it. I'm gutted.

*Was supposed to be a little top left to bottom right downward line here but not showing up!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 18:08]

Truly impaired.

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:04 - Mar 15 with 1312 viewsStewart27

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:54 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

Interesting take really

Nope. Not at all.

I can’t support anything to do with Marcus Evans.

League 2 here we come.
Login to get fewer ads

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:05 - Mar 15 with 1306 viewssaffers12

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:58 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

A common accusation which just isn't correct. I have acknowledged it could be worse and that Evans isn't a bad man. I have, on balance, decided i'd be happy to take the chance with new owners because, and do try and let this sink in, we have been in near constant decline under Evans. The trend line looks like this: * and there's no sign it's going to change in the longer term. Lots of talk to Evans staying but appointing someone to run the club. How many times does Phil need to say he isn't interested in doing that before people believe it?

People are obviously welcome to whatever stance they wish to take on all this but I don't understand it. I'm gutted.

*Was supposed to be a little top left to bottom right downward line here but not showing up!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 18:08]

No more money from myself too

Think PC could be great but he may wither and die on the vine due to Evans running of the club
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:08 - Mar 15 with 1266 viewsjas0999

I won’t go either. Club needs investment we go backwards under Evans. Even if we go up, the level of investment required in the playing squad alone is significantly more than Evans will offer.
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:11 - Mar 15 with 1237 viewschrismakin

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:08 - Mar 15 by jas0999

I won’t go either. Club needs investment we go backwards under Evans. Even if we go up, the level of investment required in the playing squad alone is significantly more than Evans will offer.

And not supporting the club financially is the best way to increase investment potential.

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:12 - Mar 15 with 1219 viewsJ2BLUE

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:11 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

And not supporting the club financially is the best way to increase investment potential.

Short term pain for long term gain if enough people join in.

Truly impaired.

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:14 - Mar 15 with 1198 viewsGeorge03

Does the money go into Evans Pocket?
The club looses on average 700k per month he's hardly benefiting from it.
Seen people also criticise Evans for stalling the takeover. It's not greed, he's just acting rational
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 18:15]
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:15 - Mar 15 with 1186 viewsfloridaboy

Can't honestly believe PC agreed to join without some form of agreement re transfer funds.

Mind you there are a lot out of contract at the end of the season which will release a lot of funds, especially if OC wants to trim the squad!
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:15 - Mar 15 with 1186 viewsChurchman

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:47 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

I’m exactly where you are with this.

If the club has to start again in Blue Square Sideways league after he’s destroyed this version of it, I’ll happily support that and put my £ into it. But MEs portfolio portfolio will get nothing from me.
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:54 - Mar 15 with 1080 viewsFixed_It

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:12 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

Short term pain for long term gain if enough people join in.

They won't - not in sufficient numbers. So it is just further damaging the Club.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:55 - Mar 15 with 1075 viewsJ2BLUE

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:54 - Mar 15 by Fixed_It

They won't - not in sufficient numbers. So it is just further damaging the Club.

We will see.

Truly impaired.

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 19:10 - Mar 15 with 1031 viewsjeera

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 18:04 - Mar 15 by Stewart27

Nope. Not at all.

I can’t support anything to do with Marcus Evans.

League 2 here we come.

We're not heading towards L2.

If he'd kept Lambert then sure, I would say that's not such an over-reaction, but he hasn't appointed Cook with the intention of allowing that to happen.

It's ok to be disappointed without overreacting.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 19:14 - Mar 15 with 1011 viewspatrickswell

Interesting take really

It becomes very difficult to do when that self same owner has through both his poor decision making and lack of leadership set the club on its way to the status of a works team.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 21:26]
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 19:22 - Mar 15 with 971 viewsHighgateBlue

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 17:35 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

To whom would you like him to sell, and at what price? He's not going to sell just because you say you're not going to throw a few 10p pieces at iFollow. He needs an acceptable bid. From what he's said, he won't sell unless it's right for the Club, and that's responsible. None of us knows what bids he's had yet. The supposed journalism around this takeover has been nothing more than pub tittle tattle. No evidence whatsoever of what proposal has been put to Evans. One minute its "we understand" the takeover's going ahead, and the next minute it's "we understand" it's not happening at the moment. Football matches arguably benefit from real-time commentary, even if the commentator doesn't have a great deal of knowledge. Alleged takeovers do not.
Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 19:24 - Mar 15 with 957 viewsJ2BLUE

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. on 19:22 - Mar 15 by HighgateBlue

To whom would you like him to sell, and at what price? He's not going to sell just because you say you're not going to throw a few 10p pieces at iFollow. He needs an acceptable bid. From what he's said, he won't sell unless it's right for the Club, and that's responsible. None of us knows what bids he's had yet. The supposed journalism around this takeover has been nothing more than pub tittle tattle. No evidence whatsoever of what proposal has been put to Evans. One minute its "we understand" the takeover's going ahead, and the next minute it's "we understand" it's not happening at the moment. Football matches arguably benefit from real-time commentary, even if the commentator doesn't have a great deal of knowledge. Alleged takeovers do not.

People keep telling us he puts in £6m per year. Well he could spend another £60m on us over the next decade.

He has said himself he has had plenty of offers. Do you believe they were all from chancers offering peanuts?

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024