Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Explain the logic please 18:40 - Mar 15 with 2747 viewsFixed_It

Club needs investment. Evans is still the owner. Some fans decide to stop putting money into the club whilst he is still there. So the Club get less money, and there is less likely to be investment.
I just don't get it. As a fan I will support the Club irrespective of who is the owner. I am gutted that the takeover looks to be stalling. But they are still my Club, and I will still support them.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Explain the logic please on 18:42 - Mar 15 with 1843 viewschrismakin

Best I've read is

Short term pain like taking the club to conference would be the better than having Evans as it could then be rebuilt.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Explain the logic please on 18:42 - Mar 15 with 1838 viewsJ2BLUE

If enough fans refused to put money into the club he would might have to reduce his asking price and sell. I realise it's short term pain for potential long term gain.

You have your view. As a fan I will not support the owner who has had us in constant decline. Other views are available.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Explain the logic please on 18:44 - Mar 15 with 1793 viewsJ2BLUE

Explain the logic please on 18:42 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

Best I've read is

Short term pain like taking the club to conference would be the better than having Evans as it could then be rebuilt.

Link me to that post please.

Truly impaired.

Explain the logic please on 18:46 - Mar 15 with 1772 viewsWeirdFishes

I see the logic with your point. My point back to that would be that he made the decision to buy the club and should therefore fund it to an appropriate level for it to be competitive, rather than fund the bare minimum and hope for a miracle I.e Mick McCarthy.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Explain the logic please on 18:48 - Mar 15 with 1744 viewsFixed_It

Explain the logic please on 18:46 - Mar 15 by WeirdFishes

I see the logic with your point. My point back to that would be that he made the decision to buy the club and should therefore fund it to an appropriate level for it to be competitive, rather than fund the bare minimum and hope for a miracle I.e Mick McCarthy.

Maybe so. But on the back of a pandemic in which his businesses have no doubt suffered, why should we demand higher investment - and withdraw our patronage if we don't get it?

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Explain the logic please on 18:49 - Mar 15 with 1729 viewsJ2BLUE

Explain the logic please on 18:48 - Mar 15 by Fixed_It

Maybe so. But on the back of a pandemic in which his businesses have no doubt suffered, why should we demand higher investment - and withdraw our patronage if we don't get it?

And the other decade plus?

Truly impaired.

Explain the logic please on 18:52 - Mar 15 with 1713 viewsFixed_It

Explain the logic please on 18:49 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

And the other decade plus?

You know that debt? It seems to have been growing rather alarmingly. Despite no investment? Strange.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Explain the logic please on 18:54 - Mar 15 with 1685 viewsJ2BLUE

Explain the logic please on 18:52 - Mar 15 by Fixed_It

You know that debt? It seems to have been growing rather alarmingly. Despite no investment? Strange.

I never said there was no investment. There hasn't been enough to maintain our position in the Championship. The game has moved on since he bought us through no fault of his own. It would be better for everyone if he sold.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Explain the logic please on 18:56 - Mar 15 with 1681 viewsRegencyBlue

Evans is slowly killing the club.

My justification for not spending another penny at the club until he is gone is that it will eventually die under his inept regime. I didn’t cancel my season ticket lightly after well over 40 years but I wasn’t prepared to continue to pay for the privilege of watching him destroy us.

He needs to realise his time here is done and it’s time to go. If seeing season ticket sales reduce helps to gain his attention then it will be worth it.

The day he walks out of PR for the last time is the day I renew, not before!
Explain the logic please on 18:56 - Mar 15 with 1668 viewsdirtyboy

Imagine buying the cheapest house on a road and then your neighbours demanding you spend more on making your house look more in keeping with the rest of the street but you’ve spent your budget on acquiring the house already and putting new garage doors on.

Then when you say you can’t spend anymore adding the en vogue grey double glazing and brick weave driveway, but you’ll perhaps paint the windows and cut the grass regularly, they turn around and tell you perhaps you shouldn’t have bought that house.

Does that work?
Explain the logic please on 18:58 - Mar 15 with 1645 viewsJ2BLUE

Explain the logic please on 18:56 - Mar 15 by dirtyboy

Imagine buying the cheapest house on a road and then your neighbours demanding you spend more on making your house look more in keeping with the rest of the street but you’ve spent your budget on acquiring the house already and putting new garage doors on.

Then when you say you can’t spend anymore adding the en vogue grey double glazing and brick weave driveway, but you’ll perhaps paint the windows and cut the grass regularly, they turn around and tell you perhaps you shouldn’t have bought that house.

Does that work?

It doesn't.

Truly impaired.

Explain the logic please on 18:59 - Mar 15 with 1629 viewsjeera

Does that work?

He could invest in a ladder and clean the bloomin' moss from the roof and guttering though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Explain the logic please on 19:03 - Mar 15 with 1591 viewsmarchy

A McCarthacle, if you will.
Explain the logic please on 19:09 - Mar 15 with 1544 viewsPattiswickBlue

Hear Hear! Let’s get behind Cook and the promotion push, we have a great chance of achieving something special this season.
Explain the logic please on 19:11 - Mar 15 with 1532 viewsblueislander

The proposed new owners have not stated, as far as I am aware, how much they would actually have invested in the club.
Explain the logic please on 19:11 - Mar 15 with 1522 viewsstrikalite

Does that work?

Yep, and he wants to get as much money back on that house as possible, rumours are that house prices are going up in the next few months(the PO's is the carrot)...just rumours, so he'll hang on for a bit and just see....
Explain the logic please on 19:12 - Mar 15 with 1502 viewsHighgateBlue

Explain the logic please on 18:56 - Mar 15 by RegencyBlue

Evans is slowly killing the club.

My justification for not spending another penny at the club until he is gone is that it will eventually die under his inept regime. I didn’t cancel my season ticket lightly after well over 40 years but I wasn’t prepared to continue to pay for the privilege of watching him destroy us.

He needs to realise his time here is done and it’s time to go. If seeing season ticket sales reduce helps to gain his attention then it will be worth it.

The day he walks out of PR for the last time is the day I renew, not before!

Less competition for playoff final tickets then, all good.
Explain the logic please on 19:15 - Mar 15 with 1480 viewschrismakin

Explain the logic please on 19:12 - Mar 15 by HighgateBlue

Less competition for playoff final tickets then, all good.

I'd love to know what these sort of supporters would then say if we had a Wigan type take over where the new owners suddenly withdraw their promised funds.

" anything's better than Evans"

No it's not it really isnt.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Explain the logic please on 19:16 - Mar 15 with 1461 viewsRegencyBlue

Explain the logic please on 19:15 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

I'd love to know what these sort of supporters would then say if we had a Wigan type take over where the new owners suddenly withdraw their promised funds.

Enjoy continuing to support the mediocrity brought to you by Evans!
Explain the logic please on 19:18 - Mar 15 with 1452 viewsJ2BLUE

Explain the logic please on 19:16 - Mar 15 by RegencyBlue

I don't think anyone has said what he's claiming they have. As above he is making things up and using it to discredit our position. I challenged him to link to a post which he's ignored.

Truly impaired.

Explain the logic please on 19:19 - Mar 15 with 1439 viewschrismakin

Explain the logic please on 19:16 - Mar 15 by RegencyBlue

I'm looking forward to cooks time as manager yes

Explain the logic please on 19:26 - Mar 15 with 1373 viewschrismakin

Explain the logic please on 19:18 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

I don't think anyone has said what he's claiming they have. As above he is making things up and using it to discredit our position. I challenged him to link to a post which he's ignored.

Didnt ignore. Didnt see it

Its within this j2

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. by Chrisabian 15 Mar 2021 17:32
Never mind then.

No more money for Evans' pocket from me.

Good luck, PC.

#EvansOut

Explain the logic please on 19:29 - Mar 15 with 1350 viewsDubtractor

I have/had a simple rationale.

Whilst Phil was banned and Lambert still in a job, compounded by all the other mismanagement that has got us where were are, I wasn't giving the club any more money.

Now that the first 2 are fixed, I'll pay for i follow (or maybe even a live game when we're allowed!), but there are still major issues with the way the club has been run over the last decade or so. They need to be fixed, and I genuinely think that they are best fixed by a change of owner to someone that is properly engaged with the club, but they aren't the sort of issues that warrant a boycott.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Explain the logic please on 19:29 - Mar 15 with 1342 viewsLeoMuff

Explain the logic please on 19:15 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

Things is the club will die under Evans just very slowly, I for one am happy to take the risk on an unknown new owner.
Yes their are risks, but hopefully ME will do the background work, and we get someone right, but after 13 years of slow decline and no end in sight or change of direction I will take a chance.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Explain the logic please on 19:29 - Mar 15 with 1338 viewsJ2BLUE

Explain the logic please on 19:26 - Mar 15 by chrismakin

Didnt ignore. Didnt see it

Its within this j2

Damn. Just as I was looking forward to going back. by Chrisabian 15 Mar 2021 17:32
Never mind then.

No more money for Evans' pocket from me.

Good luck, PC.

#EvansOut

You've twisted it. That is absolutely not what was said. Twice in this thread you have flat out lied.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024