Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti vax news. 22:25 - Mar 15 with 4409 viewsLord_Lucan

Don’t shoot the messenger.

Currently staying in Dorset. My colleague down here just got a text from his girlfriend saying that EU have mothballed AZ jab. This of course may be incorrect - she is a nurse at Bournemouth hospital.

I think she’s an anti. She reckons that very few of her colleagues are taking the jab.

She does sound a bit of a fruit loop.

[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 22:29]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anti vax news. on 22:32 - Mar 15 with 3707 viewsJ2BLUE

Some of them have suspended giving it out.

If they don't want it there are plenty of countries who will take it off their hands.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anti vax news. on 22:38 - Mar 15 with 3670 viewsStokieBlue

The EMA will announce their findings tomorrow, however at the moment it's individual countries not allowing it rather than the EU as a whole.

Italy went back into lockdown tonight due to a rise in cases from the UK variant. If they don't use AZ it's hard to see how they can prevent having lockdowns in most EU countries given the B117 variant is still growing in all EU countries. So their decision is either use the AZ vaccine and possibly have an incredibly small chance of an unconfirmed correlated incident or have a lot more guaranteed deaths from a new C19 wave and lockdowns for more months.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anti vax news. on 22:46 - Mar 15 with 3622 viewsLord_Lucan

Anti vax news. on 22:38 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

The EMA will announce their findings tomorrow, however at the moment it's individual countries not allowing it rather than the EU as a whole.

Italy went back into lockdown tonight due to a rise in cases from the UK variant. If they don't use AZ it's hard to see how they can prevent having lockdowns in most EU countries given the B117 variant is still growing in all EU countries. So their decision is either use the AZ vaccine and possibly have an incredibly small chance of an unconfirmed correlated incident or have a lot more guaranteed deaths from a new C19 wave and lockdowns for more months.

SB

I don’t disagree.

Lucan is happily vaxed and I believe the EU thing is largely (pathetically) political.

I’m more interested in the seemingly growing reports of NHS staff refusals.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Anti vax news. on 22:47 - Mar 15 with 3610 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Anti vax news. on 22:38 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

SB

I see Belgium amongst others still using AZ saying it’s a race against time.

Got mine tomorrow don’t care which one I have.
Anti vax news. on 23:05 - Mar 15 with 3524 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Hey LL, I too am currently staying in Dorset and know this hospital well.

There are a hard core of staff whom are not keen on the vaccine and some others are following so they don't appear to not be sticking together.

I had my first jab about a month ago and am looking forward to receiving the second one as soon as I can...
Anti vax news. on 23:13 - Mar 15 with 3499 viewsBlueBadger

Anti vax news. on 22:46 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

I don’t disagree.

Lucan is happily vaxed and I believe the EU thing is largely (pathetically) political.

Nationally, the take-up has been over 90%. Although London is weirdly lower.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/28/quarter-nhs-staff-areas-refusing-cov

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anti vax news. on 07:50 - Mar 16 with 3167 viewsGuthrum

Anecdotally, I've spoken to far more people who have had (mild) side effects from the Pfizer jab than anybody getting anything from Astra Zeneca.

A lot of this seems to be centred on the one case from Denmark where a patient died from blood clots after having had the AZ vaccine. However, as far as I'm aware, it's only a single instance so far, plus there is the suggestion they may have had underlying issues also.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anti vax news. on 07:58 - Mar 16 with 3121 viewsHerbivore

I don’t disagree.

It's not the EU. It's some individual European countries. Other individual European countries are still happily using it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Anti vax news. on 07:59 - Mar 16 with 3117 viewsblueislander

I don’t disagree.

I think you are right. The EU anti AZ stance is pathetically political.
Anti vax news. on 08:01 - Mar 16 with 3110 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anti vax news. on 07:50 - Mar 16 by Guthrum

Anecdotally, I've spoken to far more people who have had (mild) side effects from the Pfizer jab than anybody getting anything from Astra Zeneca.

A lot of this seems to be centred on the one case from Denmark where a patient died from blood clots after having had the AZ vaccine. However, as far as I'm aware, it's only a single instance so far, plus there is the suggestion they may have had underlying issues also.

I think this is what kicked it off..
https://pharmaphorum.com/news/austrian-authorities-suspend-batch-of-az-vaccine-a

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anti vax news. on 08:06 - Mar 16 with 3091 viewswkj

After having my first of two jabs I have found my sex life has improved considerably, people are crazy not to want it.

As in the jab too.

As in the vaccine jab.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anti vax news. on 08:11 - Mar 16 with 3066 viewsHerbivore

Anti vax news. on 07:59 - Mar 16 by blueislander

I think you are right. The EU anti AZ stance is pathetically political.

Except this isn't an EU decision, it is some national governments of European countries.

Anti vax news. on 08:16 - Mar 16 with 3045 viewsGuthrum

Anti vax news. on 08:01 - Mar 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think this is what kicked it off..
https://pharmaphorum.com/news/austrian-authorities-suspend-batch-of-az-vaccine-a

This was the one I was thinking of:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-denmark/dane-who-died-from

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anti vax news. on 08:20 - Mar 16 with 3025 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anti vax news. on 23:05 - Mar 15 by Bad_Boy_Mark

Hey LL, I too am currently staying in Dorset and know this hospital well.

There are a hard core of staff whom are not keen on the vaccine and some others are following so they don't appear to not be sticking together.

I had my first jab about a month ago and am looking forward to receiving the second one as soon as I can...

Hold on. What you are accusing some staff of Dorset Healthcare NHS Trust of here, is misconduct, which they could be struck off from the NMC or GMB for.

I assume you have evidence of the hard core of staff 'not keen on the vaccine'? As opposed to 'stuff I read on social media'?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 10:09]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anti vax news. on 08:20 - Mar 16 with 3023 viewsitfcjoe

My cleaner is one of those who reads and believes everything on Facebook about covid.....her daughter or friends daughter isn't taking vaccine and is a nurse apparently. Or she read a nurse wouldn't have one on Facebook.....I forget the detail

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anti vax news. on 08:22 - Mar 16 with 3009 viewsitfcjoe

Anti vax news. on 23:13 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/28/quarter-nhs-staff-areas-refusing-cov

Higher immigrant and BAME communities who seem to have a lower take up.

Anecdotally, we have a Romanian guy work for us and he has said his wife is refusing to have hers

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anti vax news. on 08:24 - Mar 16 with 2992 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Proportionately, in London they are dealing with a much higher BAME staffing levels, who are being heavily targeted by an unbelievable level of false and misleading claims about the vaccine on social media.

A friend of mine who is a photographer and also active in the BAME community, showed me some of the social media posts aimed at persuading people not to have the vaccine. It was at times, horrific.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anti vax news. on 08:28 - Mar 16 with 2974 viewsblueislander

Anti vax news. on 08:11 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

Except this isn't an EU decision, it is some national governments of European countries.

Apologies. It is indeed the individual countries within the EU rather than the EU as a body.
Anti vax news. on 08:31 - Mar 16 with 2958 viewsLord_Lucan

Anti vax news. on 07:58 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

It's not the EU. It's some individual European countries. Other individual European countries are still happily using it.

Yes I agree, it’s not a directive.

Anti vax news. on 08:49 - Mar 16 with 2893 viewsHerbivore

Anti vax news. on 08:28 - Mar 16 by blueislander

Apologies. It is indeed the individual countries within the EU rather than the EU as a body.

No need to apologise, mate. It's easily done. Ironically the fat cat bureaucrats in Brussels can still get their jab.

Anti vax news. on 08:50 - Mar 16 with 2887 viewsnoggin

Anti vax news. on 08:11 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

Indeed. Isn't AZ part Swedish owned?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anti vax news. on 09:05 - Mar 16 with 2830 viewsStokieBlue

It would be interesting to see the Venn diagram of the NHS take-up in London with the areas in which they live and the ethnicity.

Some areas, such as Tower Hamlets are struggling badly to get anyone to take the vaccine.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anti vax news. on 09:08 - Mar 16 with 2814 viewsPinewoodblue

Anti vax news. on 08:49 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

No need to apologise, mate. It's easily done. Ironically the fat cat bureaucrats in Brussels can still get their jab.

EMA are supposedly making an announcement around lunchtime.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anti vax news. on 09:09 - Mar 16 with 2814 viewsLord_Lucan

Anti vax news. on 09:05 - Mar 16 by StokieBlue

It would be interesting to see the Venn diagram of the NHS take-up in London with the areas in which they live and the ethnicity.

Some areas, such as Tower Hamlets are struggling badly to get anyone to take the vaccine.

SB

76% take up was what I heard on the radio last week.

Anti vax news. on 09:09 - Mar 16 with 2815 viewshype313

It's all political, with Merkel and Macron trying to save face.

Absolute madness, 37 cases in 17m, also correlation does not imply causation, these blood clots are what the experts expect at any given time, actually they are less than that, so in essence, getting the AZ jab means it's less of a risk getting DVT!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024