Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what is it that you want Boris? 14:34 - Mar 16 with 2330 viewsMattinLondon

Well, we wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do...but we want a shed load more nukes so other less freer countries will fear us.

Prick.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56413920

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 14:38 - Mar 16 with 2076 viewswkj

Last Week:
The 1% limit on NHS pay increases being due to a lack of money

This Week:
We're dumping more money into Trident.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 14:41 - Mar 16 with 2060 viewsBlueBadger

Will someone please cut down the money tree now... by BlueBadger 15 Mar 2021 21:52
Nuclear warheads are the the governmental equivalent of a brand new BMW - a w@nky statement of 'status' from pitiful inadequates who'd be far better served on actually spending it on something practical that will work for the family.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 14:43 - Mar 16 with 2057 viewsPendejo

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 14:38 - Mar 16 by wkj

Last Week:

This Week:

Magnify that and change the words slightly...

Limiting expenditure on something that is vital to the well being of the majority of the people - value for money

V

Expensive item that will never be used - no value at all

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:18 - Mar 16 with 2000 viewsLeoMuff

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 14:38 - Mar 16 by wkj

Last Week:

This Week:

Sorting NHS pay and staffing is of no interest to this government, I would imagine a tiny percentage of NHS staff vote Tory, and it’s not an issue which will be losing you an election.

Trident however is lapped by their base and part of the “look at us forging ahead now we have left the EU narrative “

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:20 - Mar 16 with 1993 viewsjeera

Useful against the further anticipated terrorist attacks on our own soil.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:24 - Mar 16 with 1986 viewsDanTheMan

I'm fairly sure that if we had to use 100+ nuclear weapons, we'd be at a point where the planet is useless anyway.

Ignoring my own biases against nuclear weapons, can someone try and explain to me what the point in this is? It's not like we'd ever be able to rival the US or Russia in terms of stockpiles.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:25 - Mar 16 with 1987 viewsSarge

Of course, Trident/any nuclear weapons are just a deterrent. If it has to actually be used it’s already failed and its impact in the event of global nuclear war would be inconsequential. The thinking man would simply announce that it will continue to be funded and then spend nothing because as long as people think it’s active, it is fulfilling its one and only purpose.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 15:26]
Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:29 - Mar 16 with 1963 viewsBlueBadger

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:25 - Mar 16 by Sarge

Of course, Trident/any nuclear weapons are just a deterrent. If it has to actually be used it’s already failed and its impact in the event of global nuclear war would be inconsequential. The thinking man would simply announce that it will continue to be funded and then spend nothing because as long as people think it’s active, it is fulfilling its one and only purpose.

Here's a story about some Russian subs being deterred by nuclear warheads.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15402070.russians-caught-lurking-near-faslan

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:31 - Mar 16 with 1963 viewsBlueBadger

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:24 - Mar 16 by DanTheMan

I'm fairly sure that if we had to use 100+ nuclear weapons, we'd be at a point where the planet is useless anyway.

Ignoring my own biases against nuclear weapons, can someone try and explain to me what the point in this is? It's not like we'd ever be able to rival the US or Russia in terms of stockpiles.

C0ck waving for the benefit of easily impressed thickos with a chubby-on for weapons of mass destruction.

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:40 - Mar 16 with 1939 viewsjeera

I'm with you on this.

I genuinely don't understand why 180 isn't enough?

Do they have an expiry date so more new ones are needed to overlap that date, ensuring we forever have a constant supply of WMD?

We don't want to miss out on the opportunity to wipe out an entire continent a few times over if we can help it.

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:14 - Mar 16 with 1902 viewsSarge

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:29 - Mar 16 by BlueBadger

Here's a story about some Russian subs being deterred by nuclear warheads.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15402070.russians-caught-lurking-near-faslan

The purpose of the warheads isn’t to deter the subs, it’s to deter Putin from ordering a strike by assuring that it would be met with a counter strike and mutually assured destruction.

Under my ingenious plan, our nuclear subs would not exist anyway, making it impossible for the Russians to track them and thus saving the world as we know it at a very reasonable price.
Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:26 - Mar 16 with 1871 viewsBlueBadger

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:14 - Mar 16 by Sarge

The purpose of the warheads isn’t to deter the subs, it’s to deter Putin from ordering a strike by assuring that it would be met with a counter strike and mutually assured destruction.

Under my ingenious plan, our nuclear subs would not exist anyway, making it impossible for the Russians to track them and thus saving the world as we know it at a very reasonable price.

Why would Putin order a strike?

We're laundering half his money for him.

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:32 - Mar 16 with 1854 viewsjeera

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:14 - Mar 16 by Sarge

Liking the cunning plan of just pretending we have got them.

That way we could spend the billions on homing people and providing the necessary education for underprivileged areas instead.

Not Corbyn's biggest fan, but understood what he meant when he said that first of all, we need a society that is worth protecting.

It'll never catch on of course.

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:35 - Mar 16 with 1848 viewsSwansea_Blue

Relative cost here:
Will someone please cut down the money tree now... by Swansea_Blue 16 Mar 2021 9:55
NHS 1%, below inflation pay 'rise' - £340m
More warheads - £10bn

Priorities.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that party donors or insider links to the arms companies has quite a bit to do with this. We don't need any more. We don't really need any - so few countries have them, and I can't decide whether it's daftness or a overblown sense of British exceptionalism to say we must have a nuclear deterrent.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:35 - Mar 16 with 1850 viewsWeWereZombies

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:25 - Mar 16 by Sarge

See also gold reserves of the United States, Fort Knox is heavily guarded to prevent anyone finding out that there are none.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:36 - Mar 16 with 1842 viewsjeera

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:35 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

Relative cost here:
Will someone please cut down the money tree now... by Swansea_Blue 16 Mar 2021 9:55
NHS 1%, below inflation pay 'rise' - £340m
More warheads - £10bn

Priorities.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that party donors or insider links to the arms companies has quite a bit to do with this. We don't need any more. We don't really need any - so few countries have them, and I can't decide whether it's daftness or a overblown sense of British exceptionalism to say we must have a nuclear deterrent.

And how they laughed at the suggestion of 'free' stuff for the poor.

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:42 - Mar 16 with 1812 viewschicoazul

One could make an argument that nuclear weapons have been the greatest human invention in history, have saved millions of lives, and have basically stopped all large scale wars.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:51 - Mar 16 with 1782 viewsjeera

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:42 - Mar 16 by chicoazul

One could make an argument that nuclear weapons have been the greatest human invention in history, have saved millions of lives, and have basically stopped all large scale wars.

But even using that argument doesn't explain how another 60 (or however many) warheads are needed.

No one seems to be saying.

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:54 - Mar 16 with 1773 viewsartsbossbeard

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 15:18 - Mar 16 by LeoMuff

Sorting NHS pay and staffing is of no interest to this government, I would imagine a tiny percentage of NHS staff vote Tory, and it’s not an issue which will be losing you an election.

Trident however is lapped by their base and part of the “look at us forging ahead now we have left the EU narrative “

The right wing social media narrative is that nurses should be thankful they've still got a job in a pandemic as there's plenty in the private sector who are not. Stop being selfish!!!!

I'm taking back my Thursday night claps.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:55 - Mar 16 with 1770 viewschicoazul

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:51 - Mar 16 by jeera

But even using that argument doesn't explain how another 60 (or however many) warheads are needed.

No one seems to be saying.

Oh I agree. I don’t think we can even use Trident without the Yanks giving us the PIN. Why we have these crazy mass destruction weapons now is beyond me especially considering how hollowed out our conventional forces are now. But I think it’s just the case that now we have them, we have to have them, if you know what I mean.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:59 - Mar 16 with 1754 viewsBlueBadger

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:55 - Mar 16 by chicoazul

Oh I agree. I don’t think we can even use Trident without the Yanks giving us the PIN. Why we have these crazy mass destruction weapons now is beyond me especially considering how hollowed out our conventional forces are now. But I think it’s just the case that now we have them, we have to have them, if you know what I mean.

Will someone please cut down the money tree now... by BlueBadger 15 Mar 2021 21:52
Nuclear warheads are the the governmental equivalent of a brand new BMW - a w@nky statement of 'status' from pitiful inadequates who'd be far better served on actually spending it on something practical that will work for the family.

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 17:20 - Mar 16 with 1720 viewschicoazul

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:59 - Mar 16 by BlueBadger

I think we all got it the first time. It’s a very clever analogy, I’m sure you’re very proud.

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 19:08 - Mar 16 with 1634 viewsGuthrum

They keep us a seat on the UN Security Council.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 19:09 - Mar 16 with 1629 viewsjeera

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 19:08 - Mar 16 by Guthrum

They keep us a seat on the UN Security Council.

Can you expand on that Guthers?

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 19:24 - Mar 16 with 1596 viewsWeWereZombies

Just what is it that you want Boris? on 16:42 - Mar 16 by chicoazul

You could argue that, but you would have to ignore the Korean War, the Vietnam War (more materiel expended than World War Two https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War#Extent_of_U.S._bombings ), the Balkans wars, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and a host of other conflicts that continue to destroy lives and displace millions (a current estimate of displaced people is almost eighty million https://www.worldvision.org/refugees-news-stories/forced-to-flee-top-countries-r )

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024