Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Classic car people 15:30 - Mar 16 with 4982 viewsclive_baker

I don't think I would ever be bothered about owning a classic car (not that I have the money). Seems like a lot of faff and I'm not into them enough, but I do like looking at them. I walked past a neighbour earlier polishing his Mercedes 190 SL and I have to say that's a cool car.

What are the best ones, for a novice like me? E Type Jag?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Classic car people on 15:12 - Mar 18 with 400 viewsChurchman

Classic car people on 14:29 - Mar 18 by soupytwist

I always think that the Reliant Scimitar would have sold so much better if there had been some kind of celebrity endorsement of its capabilities, like a famous person getting caught speeding in one.

Fellow member of the venture scout troop I attended was killed in one in a head on collision when he was about 18.

Didn’t Princess Anne tool about in one in the 70s? Safety with cars in the good ole days wasn’t top of anyone’s list until Volvo came along and used it as a selling feature.

Bonnets that opened from the back and could decapitate you, rigid steering rack that would crush, no rigid structures to protect the occupants, no crumple zones, poor brakes, windscreen that would slice you to bits if you were thrown through it, petrol tanks too close to the outside of the car. Ahh those happy days. Still wouldn’t mind a classic car though!
Classic car people on 19:42 - Mar 18 with 375 viewssoupytwist

Classic car people on 15:12 - Mar 18 by Churchman

Didn’t Princess Anne tool about in one in the 70s? Safety with cars in the good ole days wasn’t top of anyone’s list until Volvo came along and used it as a selling feature.

Bonnets that opened from the back and could decapitate you, rigid steering rack that would crush, no rigid structures to protect the occupants, no crumple zones, poor brakes, windscreen that would slice you to bits if you were thrown through it, petrol tanks too close to the outside of the car. Ahh those happy days. Still wouldn’t mind a classic car though!

Yes, bit of a long running gag is that every time anyone, anywhere mentions the Reliant Scimitar the first thing anyone says in reply is that Princess Anne had one.

Full details here - https://journal.classiccars.com/2019/05/02/princesss-favorite-brand-gets-special
Classic car people on 20:00 - Mar 18 with 364 viewsjeera

Classic car people on 15:12 - Mar 18 by Churchman

I popped out in my Capri one evening and one of the wheels fell off.

On the way home the bonnet flew up for no apparent reason and I couldn't see a thing.

Thing was a death trap.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Classic car people on 22:29 - Mar 18 with 338 viewsMJallday

Classic car people on 19:06 - Mar 16 by azuremerlangus

A Hyundai is never going to be a classic.

I have an i30n performance. It’s a modern day classic

I also have an original fiat 500l and a 1968 cooper s

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Classic car people on 08:59 - Mar 19 with 302 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Classic car people on 22:29 - Mar 18 by MJallday

I have an i30n performance. It’s a modern day classic

I also have an original fiat 500l and a 1968 cooper s

"I have an i30n performance. It’s a modern day classic"

Great choice, and residuals are holding up well. Nearly went for one but in the end the lack of auto option stopped me. I know it's sacrilege DSG on a hot hatch, but I like it for daily use!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024