Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing's changed. 21:44 - Mar 16 with 359 viewsTheBoyBlue

Nothing will with Evans in charge. Whether it is Cook’s fault or the players or both, it’s just the same rubbish. No energy, no firepower. I feel sorry for Cook. There’s no way he should be judged at this early stage, but we’ve had years and years and years of this. I’m fed up of it all. The takeover being called off has finished all hope for me. Cook won’t get backed in the way he needs. He’ll make the right noises and fair play to him and I believe him when he says that he will clear out the deadwood, but will he be able to get in the players he needs to improve what’s left? Which won’t be much on the evidence of tonight. And all this season. Oh, and last season too. And the season before that too. Years and years of deadwood. What a mess and Paul Cook or no Paul Cook it won’t change with Evans holding the purse-strings. It might check the decline, but it won’t stop it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Nothing's changed. on 21:49 - Mar 16 with 301 viewsChrisd

What’s been the constant over recent seasons? The players. You can’t coach heart, fight and desire you’ve either got that or you haven’t. Consistently, our players show they are lacking in these areas and we shouldn’t be surprised anymore with these type of performances. When teams come to impose themselves on us we just go down with a whimper, time and again. The whole club needs a shake up and that includes ME. Really hoping the takeover does materialise as we have become stale and tired under ME’s ownership and the summer can’t come soon enough for a lot of our players, we need a complete clear out. PC can then get his own players in and start building a side.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 21:52]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Nothing's changed. on 22:01 - Mar 16 with 273 viewsTheBoyBlue

Nothing's changed. on 21:49 - Mar 16 by Chrisd

What’s been the constant over recent seasons? The players. You can’t coach heart, fight and desire you’ve either got that or you haven’t. Consistently, our players show they are lacking in these areas and we shouldn’t be surprised anymore with these type of performances. When teams come to impose themselves on us we just go down with a whimper, time and again. The whole club needs a shake up and that includes ME. Really hoping the takeover does materialise as we have become stale and tired under ME’s ownership and the summer can’t come soon enough for a lot of our players, we need a complete clear out. PC can then get his own players in and start building a side.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 21:52]

I'm inclined to agree. Evans stays, Cook has got his work cut-out. However, it worries me that Cook also seems absolutely determined to impose a system on a team that can't play that way. Hopefully he can get the players in over the summer to make that system work, but surely he ought to be playing to the strengths of what he has at his disposal?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Nothing's changed. on 22:09 - Mar 16 with 258 viewsChrisd

Nothing's changed. on 22:01 - Mar 16 by TheBoyBlue

I'm inclined to agree. Evans stays, Cook has got his work cut-out. However, it worries me that Cook also seems absolutely determined to impose a system on a team that can't play that way. Hopefully he can get the players in over the summer to make that system work, but surely he ought to be playing to the strengths of what he has at his disposal?

Lots of fans from his previous clubs had said this that he prefers this style of play and doesn’t really have a Plan B. I’m still giving him the benefit of the doubt though. For me, this is very much on our players. They’ve been lucky that they could hide behind our previous managers, but there’s no excuses now they’re showing their true colours and what they are really capable of. Hopefully, others are realising this now.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 22:13]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024