Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klug out?? 22:12 - Mar 16 with 1567 viewsjonnysuave

We have long heralded our youth set up. Run by a youth coach with a great reputation.

This deserves more than a pissed off, after a terrible game, study. However apart from a smashing array of coloured boots, our graduates can't fight for toffee.

Some skills, a look away pass here or there. But not for this league.
Klug out?? on 22:19 - Mar 16 with 1492 viewsJ2BLUE

Haha. FFS.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Klug out?? on 22:24 - Mar 16 with 1481 viewsDinnernotTea

I've made this point to mates. We haven't created a Prem footballer since 2009. If you made a best Academy 11 since it formed in the last 90s you actually struggle to fill all 11 positions with players good enough for top 6 Champ/Prem.

All we seem to do the for the last 10 years is create boys that love to play pointless triangles 60 yards from goal.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Klug out?? on 22:52 - Mar 16 with 1401 viewsBlueBadger

Klug out?? on 22:19 - Mar 16 by J2BLUE

Haha. FFS.

They're all coming out tonight aren't they?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Klug out?? on 23:39 - Mar 16 with 1338 viewsRyorry

He's been the only truly consistently good thing at the Club for nearly 2 decades, & you'd consider booting him? Dear me.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Klug out?? on 00:13 - Mar 17 with 1295 viewsTieDyedIn95

Klug out?? on 22:24 - Mar 16 by DinnernotTea

I've made this point to mates. We haven't created a Prem footballer since 2009. If you made a best Academy 11 since it formed in the last 90s you actually struggle to fill all 11 positions with players good enough for top 6 Champ/Prem.

All we seem to do the for the last 10 years is create boys that love to play pointless triangles 60 yards from goal.

Our youth system is massively over rated. How many ex Town youth players currently play in the top 2 divisions of English football? Clarke (who we swapped) and Pope (who was released) in the Premiership then you have what Wickham and Rhodes in the Champ... 4? The last of which was on the books here 6 years ago. Hardly a system to hang your hat on -4 players in however many years. The majority of Town products however can regularly be seen in non-league sides locally, or still at Ipswich, but rarely elsewhere. It's fantasyland stuff.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Klug out?? on 00:20 - Mar 17 with 1277 viewsSpruceMoose

Christ alive.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Klug out?? on 00:22 - Mar 17 with 1282 viewsfactual_blue

Klug out?? on 22:52 - Mar 16 by BlueBadger

They're all coming out tonight aren't they?

And they don't even know how to select the football forum.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Klug out?? on 00:33 - Mar 17 with 1273 viewshaynes_toe1

I mean, in reality he has a point. Our youth setup is nothing special and barely producing any league one quality players.

This is obviously in part due to the total dominance Norwich have over our entire county in terms of youth football and development but we do make out we have some sort of godly youth system which for the most part has generally missed most of the talent and sold them off early. But in terms of producing top quality we arent seeing it.

It isn't however, the reason we lost tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

Klug out?? on 06:53 - Mar 17 with 1155 viewsjonnysuave

Klug out?? on 00:22 - Mar 17 by factual_blue

And they don't even know how to select the football forum.

Oh no!!

The other posters make my point for me well I feel
Klug out?? on 07:09 - Mar 17 with 1127 viewsLowie

Klug out?? on 00:13 - Mar 17 by TieDyedIn95

Our youth system is massively over rated. How many ex Town youth players currently play in the top 2 divisions of English football? Clarke (who we swapped) and Pope (who was released) in the Premiership then you have what Wickham and Rhodes in the Champ... 4? The last of which was on the books here 6 years ago. Hardly a system to hang your hat on -4 players in however many years. The majority of Town products however can regularly be seen in non-league sides locally, or still at Ipswich, but rarely elsewhere. It's fantasyland stuff.

This is all true. It is uncomfortable to acknowledge, but it is true.

I agree however, that it isn't the reason we lost tonight.

I think Cook will sort this out over the summer. There will be a lot of change and I don't doubt that some of our underachieving 'home grown' players will be departing.
Klug out?? on 08:58 - Mar 17 with 1034 viewsDinnernotTea

Klug out?? on 00:33 - Mar 17 by haynes_toe1

I mean, in reality he has a point. Our youth setup is nothing special and barely producing any league one quality players.

This is obviously in part due to the total dominance Norwich have over our entire county in terms of youth football and development but we do make out we have some sort of godly youth system which for the most part has generally missed most of the talent and sold them off early. But in terms of producing top quality we arent seeing it.

No one has said it's why we lost last night. But if we're looking to get out of this league with 5/6 youth players in the squad it needs to be highlighted the system hasn't entirely done its job for quite a few years now.

From a purely businesses point of view why have an academy? It's £2m every year to run and if you're not producing top 6 second tier / Prem players every other year then do you go down the Brentford model and give that £2m a year towards a transfer kitty/good scouting network?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Klug out?? on 09:03 - Mar 17 with 1009 viewsitfcjoe

Klug out?? on 00:33 - Mar 17 by haynes_toe1

Norwich don't dominate this county in any way - the only player they have who has made any impact over the years are Angus Gunn (who left to go to man City when they sacked his Dad) and Todd Cantwell who is from Dereham and always more likely to go there and did so a decade ago.

That their system is producing more is down to having a well structured club more than anything, whereas we have 40 senior players

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Klug out?? on 09:06 - Mar 17 with 991 viewsElephantintheRoom

I'm not sure that you are not trying to be amusing - but as with most humour, its not far from the truth.

Klug has been an ever-present during an appalling period of decline - yet not once has he spoken out or fought for the 'ipswich way' or fought for any gravy train rider to apply the back of fag packet five point plan....and promote from within, rather than get yet more loans. Many of the truly goodyoung players of recent time have arrived through serendipity - Wickham, army posting, Rhodes dad's job, Dozzel dad.... the academy rules kind of restrict where young players can be trawled from... there are not many available in the North Sea...so the era of boys from carlisle turning up with their boots or having a man named carruthers ooop north is no longer the way.

Even more culpable is Lee O'Neill.

On the other side of the coin

But at least they have another chance under Cook.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024