Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Dozzell even that good? 22:59 - Mar 16 with 2266 viewsBlueStreak

Has never looked the same player post injury and if his dad wasn’t Jason he’d be out of there by now.

Such a shame as he looked absolutely class, but he brings nothing to the team now rather than a nice turn and pass backwards of or to a full back on the edge of the centre circle.

We are desperate for some enforcers in this team.
Is Dozzell even that good? on 23:04 - Mar 16 with 2245 viewsreusersfreekicks

"If his Dad wasn't Jason."
Yeah right cos that's how it works
Is Dozzell even that good? on 23:06 - Mar 16 with 2234 viewsBlueStreak

Is Dozzell even that good? on 23:04 - Mar 16 by reusersfreekicks

"If his Dad wasn't Jason."
Yeah right cos that's how it works

He gets given a lot softer ride by town fans because of it without a shadow of a doubt. I know I do and I’m sure others do as well as we are all sentimental one way or another.
Is Dozzell even that good? on 23:08 - Mar 16 with 2215 viewsreusersfreekicks

Is Dozzell even that good? on 23:06 - Mar 16 by BlueStreak

He gets given a lot softer ride by town fans because of it without a shadow of a doubt. I know I do and I’m sure others do as well as we are all sentimental one way or another.

Not the same as managers picking him
Is Dozzell even that good? on 23:13 - Mar 16 with 2182 viewsBlueStreak

Is Dozzell even that good? on 23:08 - Mar 16 by reusersfreekicks

Not the same as managers picking him

No but helps that you have the fans on your side as we have rose tinted glasses on, hoping for the best. Not as much pressure as others who have had their fair amount of criticism chucked their way over the last couple of years (and often justified).

He just doesn’t really do anything. He’s not an attacking midfielder he’s not a defensive midfielder, it’s rare he shoots from range or rarely puts those defence splitting passes through. Definitely not a tackler in the middle of the park so what is he?!
Is Dozzell even that good? on 00:13 - Mar 17 with 2111 viewsIllinoisblue

He needs to be playing further forward where he can make a difference. He’s playing so deep, 85% of his passes are backwards or sideways. Criminal waste of talent

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is Dozzell even that good? on 01:01 - Mar 17 with 2088 viewschrismakin

Is Dozzell even that good? on 23:13 - Mar 16 by BlueStreak

No but helps that you have the fans on your side as we have rose tinted glasses on, hoping for the best. Not as much pressure as others who have had their fair amount of criticism chucked their way over the last couple of years (and often justified).

He just doesn’t really do anything. He’s not an attacking midfielder he’s not a defensive midfielder, it’s rare he shoots from range or rarely puts those defence splitting passes through. Definitely not a tackler in the middle of the park so what is he?!

What annoys me, he can clearly hit a ball as he did tonight

so give him the 10 role, let him roam, shoot and play the passes we know he can do,
he is wasted any further back imo.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is Dozzell even that good? on 06:29 - Mar 17 with 1955 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is Dozzell even that good? on 09:12 - Mar 17 with 1810 viewsCoggyblue

Is Dozzell even that good? on 06:29 - Mar 17 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

This is basically my view of Dozzell - he looks bang average in a team devoid of confidence/flair/skill in a below average league. You can see what he is trying to do, albeit he is probably playing too deep to be properly effective - his technique is head and shoulders above the rest of the team, and i would argue that a lot of the time, the reason his passing seems off is because the rest of the team are so wooden. How many times do you see a Town player waiting for the ball to reach them, for them to take one touch to control, another to consider all their options, before finally playing a simple sideways/backwards pass, or lumping it forward to no one in particular? The more dynamic players/teams are already moving towards the ball, anticipating their team mates movements and creating the space for others to move into, making the quick one touch passes much easier to execute.

We're a league one club with a (small) handful of players who have some potential - Dozzell is definitely one of those players, and i would wager that if we were to ever let him go, that he would slot comfortably into a team higher up the pyramid, who play quicker tempo football, with players comfortable on the ball.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Dozzell even that good? on 09:17 - Mar 17 with 1782 viewsBluefish

His best moment came early on yesterday. Picked the ball up in the centre circle but turn with it and end up squeezing through 3 players, put us firmly on the front foot and he tried to thread and excellent ball to release judge (?) The defender stetched and just cut it out. Pivotal moment because it would have lifted us but the toe the defender got meant dozzell never tried a similar thing all night and we lost all attacking intent

We need midfielders to give it away more trying the perfect pass, they are drummed too hard into the safe option

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Is Dozzell even that good? on 09:25 - Mar 17 with 1762 viewsBseaBlue

Is Dozzell even that good? on 09:17 - Mar 17 by Bluefish

His best moment came early on yesterday. Picked the ball up in the centre circle but turn with it and end up squeezing through 3 players, put us firmly on the front foot and he tried to thread and excellent ball to release judge (?) The defender stetched and just cut it out. Pivotal moment because it would have lifted us but the toe the defender got meant dozzell never tried a similar thing all night and we lost all attacking intent

We need midfielders to give it away more trying the perfect pass, they are drummed too hard into the safe option

Yeah have to agree with that. If we are going to keep giving it away with five yard passes we may as well do it trying to play forwards. I do think there is a lack of runners and movement off the ball but you are still right in that we just don't take enough risks. Will take some time to remove the Lambert effect on that I would imagine.
Is Dozzell even that good? on 09:26 - Mar 17 with 1761 viewsDowson

Nonsense.

He's one of the only few players who can make something happen, in the rare occasion we score he's normally involved in the build-up. The problem is the shower of sh*te around him....
Is Dozzell even that good? on 09:28 - Mar 17 with 1741 viewsCoggyblue

Is Dozzell even that good? on 09:17 - Mar 17 by Bluefish

Arguably one of only a few players at the moment who really wants the ball at his feet, opens his body up and is looking for a genuine opportunity to make an attacking play. He isn't the finished article, and has been woefully managed over the years, but there is a cracking player in there, one who with an arm round his shoulder, the right encouragement and someone just telling him that mistakes are ok if we're trying something positive (let's be honest, we aren't going to be punished every time in league one) could flourish. None of this is helped by the fact that we are pretty weak on the wings at the moment, something that the reintroduction of KVY and an in-form Kenlock (not his best game last night) could improve significantly next season, adding a bit more shape and giving opposition teams something to actually think about (too easy to bully town in the middle at the moment, with no threat coming from elsewhere)
Is Dozzell even that good? on 10:31 - Mar 17 with 1646 viewscatch74

Is Dozzell even that good? on 09:28 - Mar 17 by Coggyblue

Arguably one of only a few players at the moment who really wants the ball at his feet, opens his body up and is looking for a genuine opportunity to make an attacking play. He isn't the finished article, and has been woefully managed over the years, but there is a cracking player in there, one who with an arm round his shoulder, the right encouragement and someone just telling him that mistakes are ok if we're trying something positive (let's be honest, we aren't going to be punished every time in league one) could flourish. None of this is helped by the fact that we are pretty weak on the wings at the moment, something that the reintroduction of KVY and an in-form Kenlock (not his best game last night) could improve significantly next season, adding a bit more shape and giving opposition teams something to actually think about (too easy to bully town in the middle at the moment, with no threat coming from elsewhere)

I was just thinking how much we’ve missed KVY or a similar player at rb.
Surely Dozzell can’t be fully judged, it’s his first full season and he’s had an horrendous injury to come back from.
He’s had either two rookie centre backs behind him, learning their trade or Nsiala and Wilson, not the kind of players that suit him. For a lot of the season he’s had the concern of two oaps either side of them too - so cut out killer balls etc very likely to be punished by teams on the counter.
Add to that the countless combinations he’s had to try and read playing ahead of him and an often lightweight midfield alongside, I personally think he’s done well.
Interesting that Skuse was started alongside him and Parrott - so Cook maybe not a Bishop fan, unless he’s carrying a knock. I imagine in an ideal world Cook will hope to have Downes and Dozzell to build a team around next year (imagine this season won’t have helped Downes with a PL move.)

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Is Dozzell even that good? on 11:18 - Mar 17 with 1581 viewsStewart27

No
Is Dozzell even that good? on 12:18 - Mar 17 with 1495 viewsclive_baker

I think he’s a good footballer but he’s played out of position. I absolutely cannot stand him in that deep lying role. He’s really good on the ball, but he doesn’t offer enough protection without it to justify that position. The issue is the only 2 players that do are Downes and Skuse and neither are match fit. If he plays, he needs to be in the Parrot role or even wide on the left. Let him create from advanced areas.

Rossiter for Fleetwood last night represented all that Dozzell isn’t by way of authority. Parrot barely had a sniff.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is Dozzell even that good? on 12:35 - Mar 17 with 1470 viewsBiGDonnie

Is Dozzell even that good? on 12:18 - Mar 17 by clive_baker

I think he’s a good footballer but he’s played out of position. I absolutely cannot stand him in that deep lying role. He’s really good on the ball, but he doesn’t offer enough protection without it to justify that position. The issue is the only 2 players that do are Downes and Skuse and neither are match fit. If he plays, he needs to be in the Parrot role or even wide on the left. Let him create from advanced areas.

Rossiter for Fleetwood last night represented all that Dozzell isn’t by way of authority. Parrot barely had a sniff.

1 player who does that*

Skuse doesn't count

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024